2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1

whatif

Medalist
OMG!!!! YESSSSSSS! FINALLY!!! I waited for this 5 years. I hope K/S can hold it together in Shanghai and nail it once more. Shaking and crying!!!!!!!
If it wasn't for that lift mistake, they could have possibly cracked 145 here?

Why is that every pairs thread ends up overtaken by discussion about Ksenia's attitude? Why are her fans in denial? With every day passing, I have hard time rooting for them. I like Fedor but I am tired of Ksenia's "Morticia" act. Contrary to what her apologists on this thread believe, I do not think she actually enjoys skating much. I am also starting to have doubts about their ability to actually win any major title. Especially with that attitude to each other and to the audience. And how did they get 69 PCS for that performance? I hope they are off the podium next months and the old guard of D/R, k/s, and P/T takes it.

And I love M/H, what a future ahead!!!!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Why is that every pairs thread ends up overtaken by discussion about Ksenia's attitude? Why are her fans in denial? With every day passing, I have hard time rooting for them. I like Fedor but I am tired of Ksenia's "Morticia" act. Contrary to what her apologists on this thread believe, I do not think she actually enjoys skating much. I am also starting to have doubts about their ability to actually win any major title. Especially with that attitude to each other and to the audience. And how did they get 69 PCS for that performance? I hope they are off the podium next months and the old guard of D/R, k/s, and P/T takes it.

And I love M/H, what a future ahead!!!!!
I'm not S/K's fan. I just find Ksenia's reaction normal and human.

thoakun

Final Flight
I heard the Russian commentator mention Mao Asada at the end of K/S performance. I wonder what he said.

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't care whether Ksenia's showing too much "attitude" or whatever - she's really only doing herself a disservice there, where some viewers are concerned.

But they showed on Swedish TV her crying in a corner with people around her, and the commentator said that she was refusing to speak to anyone (IIRC) and that they needed her to come so that they could take the group photo but she was having none of it apparently.

That's a bit disrespectful towards the organisers at least, imo.

Kinga

Medalist
Yep, their lives do not depend on it. But it is HUMAN to be pissed off, for god's sake.
I like to see good and tender reaction also. I loved Ruslan, for example. However, I do get if you have a bad reaction as well. It doesn't make you a bad person, and it's not a tragedy. Most probably by evening erything is just fine.

Aside from judging someones behaviour/attitude, think of this scenario:
Fedor stumbles and cannot perform a throw. Instead Ksenia pulls of a solo 2S and comforts Fedor after the performance. Not only she brings the house down, adding extra drama and stealing the show, but she also leaves much better impression in judges eyes and earns couple PCS points extra. K/S make one extra mistake and pufff, all of the sudden she wins gold, just because she chose to turn negative event to her advantage. Think if instead she chooses to be angry as she was, and looses gold by 2 points, just because of her sour face. It always feels stupid to leave points on the table like that.

Not to mention extra lurve and respect from fans-win win. I know it is not easy in the steam of competition and she is still very young, but just a piece of advice.

Often in life, when I handled tough moments with much temper and diva attitude, it was at the end much more difficult to get over the whole situation BECAUSE of my attitude and regrets how i behaved. Im sure Ksenia will regret her attitude and it will feel 'heavy' for a while. So unnecessary... just sayin.

TMC

Record Breaker
Aside from judging someones behaviour/attitude, think of this scenario:
Fedor stumbles and cannot perform a throw. Instead Ksenia pulls of a solo 2S and comforts Fedor after the performance. Not only she brings the house down, adding extra drama and stealing the show, but she also leaves much better impression in judges eyes and earns couple PCS points extra. K/S make one extra mistake and pufff, all of the sudden she wins gold, just because she chose to turn negative event to her advantage. Think if instead she chooses to be angry as she was, and looses gold by 2 points, just because of her sour face. It always feels stupid to leave points on the table like that.

Not to mention extra lurve and respect from fans-win win. I know it is not easy in the steam of competition and she is still very young, but just a piece of advice.

Often in life, when I handled tough moments with much temper and diva attitude, it was at the end much more difficult to get over the whole situation BECAUSE of my attitude and regrets how i behaved. Im sure Ksenia will regret her attitude and it will feel 'heavy' for a while. So unnecessary... just sayin.

:agree:

thoakun

Final Flight

That's what I was about to say, but you said it much better :thumbsup:. I admire Ksenia's perfectionism and soaring passion for skating and I think Ksenia's reaction is understandable, but she was doing a disservice to everyone watching the competition, especially when the judges were probably keeping an eyes on a skater's every movement and you're never sure what will be factored in your scores. I don't care about sweet persona but obviously in FS, the way you conduct and present yourself matter to some degree. You can tell at the end that Klimov was very pissed at himself and Stolbova, as always, was hard on both herself and her partner and she wasn't good at controlling explosive emotional buildup. I'm sure she will gradually learn from the experience and regain her composure. She's a seasoned skater, but 22 is still very young.

Last edited:

MamaD

Spectator
He was chasing her and leaning forward so no chance to recover. She'd been ahead of him for the whole programme. We were in the arena.

whatif

Medalist
He was chasing her and leaning forward so no chance to recover. She'd been ahead of him for the whole programme. We were in the arena.

That what I noticed on my screen too. She was skating like in singles today.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If Ksenia was really refusing to take pictures despite the demands of the organizer, that's unprofessional of her.

However, to all the people wishing she'd shown kindness to Fedor: Perhaps we should, in turn, show kindness to her as well. Nobody wants to be upset. She could learn to control her emotions better, but ultimately she's the one in the most pain, not the people up in the stands.

If the judges dock their PCS for this in the future, then we should say the judges are not doing their jobs properly. Instead of blaming the skaters. And this is coming from someone who generally finds S/K's PCS too high.

Even so, he's the one who caught his toepick and fell. It's not like she tripped him.

MamaD

Spectator
I'm so happy to see Kavaguti and Smirnov back to the top. It's been 5 years, I really did miss them:party2:

I'm so happy for K/S. Winning a major tiltle it's a great gift after so many struggles and almost ten years skating together. Someone here knows if they will retire after this season?

The audience tried to be supportive but even the Russian fans seemed surprised by her behaviour. And it continued during the medal presentation. They didn't lift their flowers at the end. She had obviously been crying. I thought she might hiss at the ISU official when she put her medal on.

LOVED Vale's celebration. Can she get any more adorable?! :love:

She deserved to have got a medal, but alas...

This time last year, I was predicting her to get a medal in Singles. So, I'm gutted she just missed getting it in Pairs.

Brilliant skate from Yuko and Alex. Looks like my stupid mistake in the predictions might just pay off...

CaroLiza_Fan

S/K cold faces :drama:

top comment

Say whatever you want, I love her still. :biggrin:

But now seriously, HOW AWESOME WERE VALENTINA AND ONDREJ.
:cheer:

I loved how they were happy and could not believe they won in KandC.

minze

Medalist
OMG I don't follow pairs but my girl Valentina and her partner killed it. They just got together and look how well they are doing. Keep it up. Love Valentina

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I loved how they were happy and could not believe they won in KandC.

Yes, indeed. BTW, Stolbova once said in an interview that she felt somewhat uncomfortable with Klimov's quiet personality. I think she should respect her partner on/off ice, for it's such an unexpected mistake nobody wants to make at competitions. The male skater in a pairs team usually endures most of the hard work on ice, so that they are more vulnerable to serious injuries than the female. I hope Stolbova can truly understand that.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I just realize Ksenia/Stobolva has the same track record as Elena R lol. They both won all their grand prix events but lost it in the major events.

Ekm

On the Ice
Sounds like Valentina has made outstanding progress in a really short time, I'm looking forward to seeing them continue to develop.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'd have Tarasova and Morozov (heck why these names lol) over S/K in the long. Their Lp is boring seriously but they skated with better quality today, and even though there is no moment that stood out, they truly skated like a pair with connection. That's what we call pair skating.
S/K skated like 2 single skaters on the same rink today.

Last edited:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Finally checking results... Wow, K/S won! And here I was wistfully hoping they would come back and upset S/K. Now to watch their performances!