2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to bed since it's 6am. I don't think I'll stay up like this for the FS.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
nice to see Zijun performing well. hope she continues to show confidence til WC

kinda sad for Soyoun but eh, it happens (and cuz I've seen worst.....) especially w/ the pressure. wishing her the best in the LP event.

HOPING FOR NO BOMBING (AKA DISAASTAAAHH) TO EVERYONE NOW

yikes my predictions are not doing so well for this competition

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so happy to see Satoko didnt get any UR calls, and whats the big fuss? we know her jumps are low, not the 1st time here and she didnt get much GOE for that, she basically won by her BV, she spins on both directions and judges give her 0 goe?? give her break please :) small jumps or not, i love watching her skate, she is just lovely and i would give her higher PCS too cause apart from her jumps, her SS, musicality is great to me,
happy that zijun skated clean except doubling 3T, she is lovely
and really sad about soyoun , hopefully she can do better at FP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would be funny to see the POV from the camera she landed in front of :laugh:

That was my very first thought. I almost think that is why she wound up hamming it up and maybe saving a few points. Smile for the camera :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The judges were probably thinking #keepingitreal

Yes! Hahaha

TSL?

Although, I don't think they were thinking that when scoring Gold.

Unrelated: I noticed how much news outlets love throwing shade to Gracie whenever she gets anything less than gold. There were so many "Silver for Gold!" articles after Nationals. They had me rolling, but they're a tad insensitive. :p

Alba

Record Breaker
I actually think Gracies PCS are fair, and no huge inflation on the GoE's either.

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
Honestly the placement of Gracie makes sense to me. Her lutz/toe was excellent until she hit the boards, which I'm sure tempered her GOE on that. And she made up a lot of ground by hitting level four on everything. The only other skater to do that was Alaine. With that she was able to make up some ground especially in her step sequence where a level 4 gets factored by .7 rather than .5, but she does those steps so well.

Gracie also looked the most polished out there, even with the mistake. She had great speed, finish on all her elements, and she has strong musicality in this program. It did have a but of the affect of a mature skater amongst an otherwise very young field.

Satoko has refinement for days, but this particular program lacks the polish of a skater who knows how to present their elements with some aplomb. For me, doing that is both a sign of maturity (or at least precociousness) and good presence of mind on the ice.

I'm a little surprised they actually gave Satoko that combo. It makes me wonder if this was just a lenient caller or a sign that Satoko's reputation is changing... She does everything so well, and with such refinement but unfortunately this program doesn't do it for me. I LOVE her long program though.

I hope both Gracie and Satoko go clean tomorrow. That would make for a great show down and a nice teaser for what we might expect come March. :bow:

Florentina

On the Ice
Gracie's SP is very beautiful, I could watch it one more year. I don't get why so many are saying this type of music doesn't suit her. I think it suits her perfectly well, I think she's come a long way with presenting it well. Too bad about the axel today but overall I think it wasn't that bad. The mistake on the combination was really not that bad, the running into the boards made it seems worse than it actually was IMO.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Unrelated: I noticed how much news outlets love throwing shade to Gracie whenever she gets anything less than gold. There were so many "Silver for Gold!" articles after Nationals. They had me rolling, but they're a tad insensitive. :p

All headlines involving gold puns have me rolling my eyes, whether she wins or not. It's getting a bit tiring.

Gracie's SP is very beautiful, I could watch it one more year.

I disagree. There was a certain magic to it when she debuted it at Nationals last year, probably because we all hated her Gershwin SP. But now that there isn't anything to compare it to, it's just not the same. It's nice, but that's really all it is.

Last edited:

Florentina

On the Ice
I disagree. There was a certain magic to it when she debuted it at Nationals last year, probably because we all hated her Gershwin SP. But now that there isn't anything to compare it to, it's just not the same. It's nice, but that's really all it is.

Well I said that I could. No need for you to feel the same way. I didn't try to make a statement that applies universally. I didn't hate her Gershwin SP either, I thought it had potential.

xabia

On the Ice
Polina - please change your sp costume for Worlds - it's lowering your PCS! Could someone close to her please have a word in her ear?

flying camel

Medalist
I think Polina's LP dress is worse then the short. She needs to be completely revamped, hair, makeup and costume. She just looks 12.

Oh dear, Gracie has drawn the worst position in skating for the LP, last with the whoe world watching. Can she handle the pressure...........stay tuned!

Last edited: