2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
LOBODA scored well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::cheer::cheer2: Allaaaaaaaaa!!!!
*fanboy mode*

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How perfectly shocking! :p *sarcastic smirk*

I'm actually more surprised that this is the first Masquerade Waltz I've seen so far.

oh, yes. It isn't the first we've seen this season, and certainly won't be the last! :drama:

I liked the snippet of the "Radetsky March" at the start. I don't know about anybody else, but I would quite to see a full routine using it. It would be fun to see how they cope with the speed of it.

Plus, it would make a change to yet another "Masquerade Waltz"! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
The ISU needs to send all of the people skating to Masquerade to one event and call it a Masquerade Ball.

Nobody would watch that...unless they actually had to skate in masquerade masks :popcorn:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
LOBODA scored well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::cheer::cheer2: Allaaaaaaaaa!!!!
*fanboy mode*

Well it was a big improvement from their first go at it. Sharper. Better flow. I still prefer the trolls, but they closed the gap with that. :)

I was VERY impressed with P/B from America. Too bad about the bobble on the twizzle, because otherwise it would have been VERY close with L/D.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is this Natalia Popova's little sister?!?

I doubt it. Natalia is from Crimea, whereas Darya is from the far north-east of the Ukraine, near the Russian border.

And, as a side note, recently retired French Pairs skater Daria (transliterated with an "i") is from Moscow, while Russian Junior Ice Dancer Bettina (who we saw at the Riga Cup) is from Vladivostok.

From what I've picked up, "Popov" (and the female version, "Popova") is a very common surname across Eastern Europe. Like, I know Czechs with the same surname.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Well it was a big improvement from their first go at it. Sharper. Better flow. I still prefer the trolls, but they closed the gap with that. :)

I was VERY impressed with P/B from America. Too bad about the bobble on the twizzle, because otherwise it would have been VERY close with L/D.

I actually think their first performance was more powerful and speedy, he actually dragged her a lot during their first SD, it's like Pavel toned it down a bit.
And L/D probably lost a level on twizzles too. I need to see the protocols.

Haven't seen anyone else yet, just got home from work, and I really need to EAT right now :)

French have a very high score, were they that good?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I didn't think so. They should just not be that near to Loboda & Drozd. And their SBS steps should score less than Pogrebinsky & Benoit, as well as less than Loboda & Drozd.

Their second set of twizzles had ver little ice coverage, although well synched, and they had a very nice lift, but otherwise not for me.

But I do not consider myself in sync with the rules at this time.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I actually think their first performance was more powerful and speedy, he actually dragged her a lot during their first SD, it's like Pavel toned it down a bit.
And L/D probably lost a level on twizzles too. I need to see the protocols.

Haven't seen anyone else yet, just got home from work, and I really need to EAT right now :)

French have a very high score, were they that good?

The first few groups were all pretty mediocre, and they were good, so that may have given a boost to their score. But definitely top 3 so far.

ETA: I would have P/B second. The French third.

Snow63

Record Breaker
This slowed down version of the Beast :no: Nice edges.

Layback11

Record Breaker
The French girl's dress is gorgeous. Reminds me of Tessa's polka dress from 2013.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I don't see Biechler/Dodge making ANY kind of impact next season in Seniors.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Very nice from B/D of the US. I wish more couples would skate the waltz pattern with that kind of attack.

Ah, second. Yes, they should be ahead of the French.

Snow63

Record Breaker
And Bazin looks awkward as usual :laugh: At least I like their music.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I am decidedly not a fan of E/B. Ploddy Russian waltz and then a hoedown? Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman! It was skated well but definitely not my cuppa.

ETA: 5th is about right. I am impressed with Junior judging, which seems much more reasonable than what we often see in Seniors.

Last edited: