2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
But arguement leads to the truth!
haha Im afraid in THIS case its hopeless:rofl2:

haha now Yuna fans here:laugh:
guys get over it srsly? We get that you hate Adel. No need to say it over & over again.:noshake: (Well I get the sadness though I still cant get what happened to Elena/Anton so I kinda sympathise:()

Last edited:

NicoleH

On the Ice
but Rika is too imo:shrug:
If both Radio and Rika are sloppy as you claim, then they should get same PCS right? So I still don't see why Radio deserves PCS 4 points higher than Rika.
I think Adelina's latin program is very charming, and Evgenia has beautiful balletic posture. I wouldn't mind if these two get high PCS, but Radio's posture... and her programs are so generic and boring.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
If both Radio and Rika are sloppy as you claim, then they should get same PCS right? So I still don't see why Radio deserves PCS 4 points higher than Rika.
I think Adelina's latin program is very charming, and Evgenia has beautiful balletic posture. I wouldn't mind if these two get high PCS, but Radio's posture... and her programs are so generic and boring.

Simple answer: because Lena is better in pcs?

Meoima

Match Penalty
To be honest after today I have to say, I think Adelina has the best SS among all current ladies. Her speed and flow are just to die for.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ladies, how it happened​

My number one, Alaine

I am so happy about her performance, she once again showed her lovely Pina program, flawlessly and with lots of charm and a good fight on her loop! To me, she has such a unique way of linking her elements, it´s just always something happening in between, but not only in regards of her body movement, but the face as well. I love these naughty looks in between, the knee falls and turns – it is such a joy to see her skate and she has the absolute best closing sequence of all skaters this season, it looks so badass – I love it. To me, besides Adelina the best lady in regards of the former "B" grade, sadly the judges did not agree with me there.

Today, the 19 years old didn´t go for her big triple Axel like back at her first GP and guys, I think it was right so. Her program does not need it, at least for me. While I am sure that she will keep working on the element, it might be more a thing for a Free Skate, but this we will see tomorrow and if she doesn´t include the element, then there is nothing bad about it either. She has a gorgeous Lutz, did you see that height today, so impressive! It is her favorite element as she told me a few weeks ago and the combination with the triple Toe is high class, so are her spins, the absolutely amazing steps, her speed and interpretation skills. Someone has to bring a huge bouquet of flowers to the rink tomorrow, she so deserves it.

Well played Alaine, proud you can be!

Forever in Love, Adelina

Proud we skating fans should have been about her brave skating at Sochi, sadly, however, too many "fans" completely ruined it and blamed her for all kinds of things, only because their favorite skaters didn´t perform as good on both days and sure she got a tiny bonus at home soil, but hey this all the others before her got as well. No matter if fan or not, she did deserve better from our skating "family".

After Sochi, she was out for over a year with tons of bad luck and injuries. Now she is back and oh boy, does she look magnificent! She always had that special look and appearance for me and she even improved on it. When she skates, there is always so much fire in it, especially her step sequences are world class to me, she has the speed and sells it every time, like an absolute professional and she does so since she is teenager.
It is sexy, mature, but also funny and naughty, yet it all works together beautifully and did you see that little "ups" in her face, during the steps, when she slipped a bit?
Even that mistake, she sold – fantastic and in a charming way so that you might even wish, she would do these mistakes a bit more often!

Today she skated to some Latin rhythms and the way she shakes her booty, so hot. A bit hot and cold was her jumping however, she had a couple of issues on the Axel, where she was out of Axis, yet put it on the ice, classy jumper as she is, the triple -triple, was only with a double at the end, not sure if this was intended or not, maybe just a precaution...
In the end, she scored a bit over 65, which is pretty good for someone who was "dancing with the Stars" so to speak and not allowed to do any jumps for over a year. She mentioned it, she worked a lot on her "expression and performance" there and I think it worked.

I love this girl, I love how positive she can skate and what a beautiful woman she is. Every program of the past years, has been a blast for me, she lands her jumps so confident, with such a seductive look in her eyes, I so love that. She is such a gifted skater and I so hope, she will keep skating and ignore all the haters out there.

Поздравляю с днём рождения

Evgenia, won Skate America and today she had a little "ups" as well, however, it was a bit more of a problem, than for Adelina, as she fell on her flip and had to restructure her program afterwards, to still squeeze the combination in, as all her jumps are right at the end of her performance, so there is not much space and time to think about it. Needless to say, the highly talented Russian, just did it like it was nothing and performed a loop – toe loop shortly before her final Layback.

It is quite interesting to compare her to Adelina, Evgenia is a very ballet like skater so to speak, Adelina however, is more a sporty type, yet they both sell their programs with a lot of charm, yet different.
In my opinion, she should not be too hard on herself, let´s face it, it can not work every time and it´s not like she did horrible either, it was a mistake – yet she didn´t panic, which proves how mature this young lady already is.

Personally, I am very curious about this girls development especially in comparison to Adelina, as Evgenia reminds me so much of my favorite girl from Russia.

Few more notes,

Rika had a nasty fall in the Warm up, so glad she did recover from this in the short and showed a very good performance to Cirque de soleil. Tomorrow will be her big day, when she does the Riverdance again – I am soo looking forward to this, my favorite Free this season (will Adelina be able to top this?), get ready for it, it will kick you out of your socks guys and please judges, be fair this time!

Dasa Grm is so amazing when she can skate clean. I feel, that she has a mesmerizing - mature skating style, a real woman on the ice, so much going on there and I love all her programs. I so wish her luck for tomorrow.

Elena, of course I have not forgotten her, especially since she got a new all time PB for her short (71.79)! That said, I gave you guys my "fanboy" talk already at the CoC and I would only repeat myself now. She is so young, yet that face it has so much expression already and she has the best outfit of all as well.
She does skate to Je t´aime, a love song and she was almost crying when she finished her flawless program! It must mean so much to her to skate these programs, she mentioned it before, that these programs, are very close to her heart and I think, that these emotions are real and it makes her very sympathetic.
I so pray for this girl, that she will be given time to grow up and that Russia understands what a big talent they have, or should I say talents – as they have so many of them, yet – my Adelina is still my number one.

There were of course many more performances today, i really enjoyed the programs, no matter if Pretty Woman or Too Darn Hot. Thank you very much and good luck to all the ladies for tomorrow, may the sharpest blade claim the victory.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
thanks a lot Alex D! You are the one who's always a pleasure to read!

Some of it is personal. Something just fits your or my taste
The judges might think differently:confused2:
PCS is many things.
To you programms may be boring & generic (& many think the same!) but she sells it. For someone Rika may be boring (its not out of realm of possibility:confused2:)

Again I LIKE Rika quite alright but she may not be everyone's cup of tea/ Lena has posture problems but she sells it-->this better components. (again to my amateur understanding)

!

Last edited by a moderator:

lyndichee

Medalist
To be honest after today I have to say, I think Adelina has the best SS among all current ladies. Her speed and flow are just to die for.

Definitely agree. Adelina is also a great jumper, it was shame that first 3T was at an awkward angle but now she'll know what to do workshop once she gets back to practice. I kind of disagree with how judges gave Elena comparable scores on SS.

Alaine was definitely a little underrated today but I'm quite happy with the performance. The combo looked really good and I hope she sticks again tomorrow. No more 3A's please.

kresslia

Medalist
Welp colour me shocked beyond belief that Alaine is somehow in 2nd here with a new PB by, like, 6 points. I'm enjoying the pressure Alaine and Gabby are putting on Kaetlyn. Canadian Nationals might be a bloodbath with only two spots available. Grab the popcorn!

Kinga

Medalist
The level of competition was fantastic! ☺
I thought Alaine Ch was amazing! Great choreo and well executed. She was fast and convincing. If she continues to improve, her SP may become something really special.
I also love Polinas SP. Great posture, lines, arm movements and all fits with music. Wow at those twizzles! She just needs to project better.

I do not think Rika was underscored. Nice choreo, but she is very sloppy throughout the program. SS leave a lot to be desired. Her layback is rather average and bielmann really unattractive. Plus she also had TES issues, so I understand her score. It might be as TAT said - in comparison with others Rika lacked refinement and that was maybe more visible today.

Having said that, I think Elena still has a lot work to do in the "sloppiness" and SS department and despite selling the program, her PCS should be a bit lower.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Definitely agree. Adelina is also a great jumper, it was shame that first 3T was at an awkward angle but now she'll know what to do workshop once she gets back to practice. I kind of disagree with how judges gave Elena comparable scores on SS.

Alaine was definitely a little underrated today but I'm quite happy with the performance. The combo looked really good and I hope she sticks again tomorrow. No more 3A's please.
Her combo was BIG!:eek: And I believe if she becomes consistent, her pcs will rise:) That happens to all the skaters

NicoleH

On the Ice
Some of it is personal. Something just fits your or my taste
The judges might think differently:confused2:
PCS is many things.
To you programms may be boring & generic (& many think the same!) but she sells it. For someone Rika may be boring (its not out of realm of possibility:confused2:)

Again I LIKE Rika quite alright but she may not be everyone's cup of tea/ Lena has posture problems but she sells it-->this better components. (again to my amateur understanding)
I don't think Radio sells it, her programs are cold and she has posture problems. I think (& many think) Rika is the one who sells it and should get higher PCS than Radio.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wow. Alaine was really good today.
But the question is, can she keep it together in thr free skate. She has a tendancy to bomb. For her sake, i hope she nails the free skate.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Nope, Gracie has much better skating skills than Sotnikova; steps, ice coverage, speed and spins. The latter was almost falling during her stsq. She just kicked her legs without bending her knees which looked awkward and not smoothly glding, and in most of the time she stood on two feet. Her spin positions were not pleasing too. 65 with the wonky jump landings is so overscored compared to what she actually performed.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I don't think Radio sells it, her programs are cold and she has posture problems. I think (& many think) Rika is the one who sells it and should get higher PCS than Radio .

I definitely support that opinion.

Though I must say I enjoy Radio's SP quite a lot too, I don't think she was cold this time. Not as explosive and emotive as Rika, but still better than Evgenia and Polina for example. It's the LP I have issues with.

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
Literally anyone could have been a good example.
I'm not saying the choreography itself was bad, but either the choreography or the music was picked by a deaf person.
I really don't like Polina Edmunds, but have to admit, her music is simply unperformable. :hopelessness:

That program could put the energizer bunny to sleep. :laugh:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I don't think Radio sells it, her programs are cold and she has posture problems. I think (& many think) Rika is the one who sells it and should get higher PCS than Radio.
Was there the poll I've missed?

Rissa

Record Breaker
I really don't like Polina Edmunds, but have to admit, her music is simply unperformable. :hopelessness:

That program could put the energizer bunny to sleep. :laugh:

I quite liked it and thought she performed it pretty well... I think she should give Jason Brown pointers on how to choose slow peaceful music that isn't boring. :slink:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
well good for you then.
Lena fans disagree. Tastes differ thats all.
All of the positive, heartfelt emotions in this thread & in the stadium show that Lena didnt leave those particular people cold at all, quite the opposite.

Btw Snow posted his very interesting report from the stadium. I guess he can better asses what atmosphere was there & confirms some sentiments why she scored lower than Lena (& other skaters).