2015 Trophée Bompard Ice Dance SD | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Trophée Bompard Ice Dance SD

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hubbel/Donohue were very clean, I'm surprised to be honest. Very nice improvement after last season. Very. But their dance still screams 'music violation deduction' for me :confused2: Overall it was pretty dull event. Thank god it's over, now I can go to bed :bed:
Oh, and shame about Coomes/buckland bombing. :(

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Whoever that was singing "Hallelujah", I hope I never hear them again!

She absolutely destroyed what was a beautiful song.

If you want a female voice, go for Alexandra Burke.

But if it doesn't matter, it HAS to be Jeff Buckley.

Thank goodness the skating was beautiful.

CaroLiza_fan

:eek: I mean, I do love Buckley's the best. But... Alexandra Burke... Really?! :shocked:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Hubbel/Donohue were very clean, I'm surprised to be honest. Very nice improvement after last season. Very. But their dance still screams 'music violation deduction' for me :confused2: Overall it was pretty dull event. Thank god it's over, now I can go to bed :bed:
how can u go to bed???
what about watching V/T!

katha

On the Ice
Stepanova/Bukin were disadvantaged by skating so early in my opinion
I think with S/B you also have to take into account the tougher situation in Russia compared to last year: They could do rather well for themselves because there was a void with B/S injured and S/K struggling so much. Now B/S are back and S/K seem to have found their groove. The international judges probably also take that into account, their score here was a bit lower than what I/Z, B/S and S/K posted (and B/S, I/Z and S/K all skated early in their events as well). I know you can't compare directly between events, but IMO you can perhaps perceive trends how the judges perceive the Russian pairs in relation to each other...

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
I thought H&D were great, well deserved leaders!

I can't deal with G&P's costumes and ending pose, I dont think it's possible to be more literal. It'd be like if Julia wore a Vegas Elvis suit in her short. I also don't get the idea that they're edgy, they remind me of someone's 13 year old sister trying too hard to be edgy, comes off a bit eye rolly to me.

LisaM

Medalist
I can't deal with G&P's costumes and ending pose, I dont think it's possible to be more literal. It'd be like if Julia wore a Vegas Elvis suit in her short. I also don't get the idea that they're edgy, they remind me of someone's 13 year old sister trying too hard to be edgy, comes off a bit eye rolly to me.

:laugh: This.
Except the 13 y/o was me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't know I think this program is just a little too quirky for me :(

I'm convinced it's a parody program. Almost a challenge to the judges: how much can we bend rules/expectations and get away with it? There are parody steps of French court dances, military march steps. I quite like it--it definitely grows on me the more I see it. The first music cut is genius. But it definitely needs to include more of the Beatles at the end, because right now it still comes across as too much of a gimmick. The ending peace signs aren't doing a blessed thing of dispelling that feeling.

But you know, de gustibus and all that jazz.

swurvestar

Rinkside
Umm, pretty sure it was Leonard Cohen who originally did "Hallelujah" and he's Canadian (from Montreal). Really wish they used his version.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think with S/B you also have to take into account the tougher situation in Russia compared to last year: They could do rather well for themselves because there was a void with B/S injured and S/K struggling so much. Now B/S are back and S/K seem to have found their groove. The international judges probably also take that into account, their score here was a bit lower than what I/Z, B/S and S/K posted (and B/S, I/Z and S/K all skated early in their events as well). I know you can't compare directly between events, but IMO you can perhaps perceive trends how the judges perceive the Russian pairs in relation to each other...
I don't disagree with your point, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the scores here. The judges/tech panel seem to be going strict (see: Coomes/Buckland's scores).

SunDae

Rinkside

I found the last 3 (C/B, H/D, G/P) all skated and performed quite cautiously. Carefully. No mistakes in twizzles but also no attack. Lifts executed but matter of factly and not really to the music. Should standing 3 inches above the ice on your partner's boots be categorized as level 4?
PSS patterns looked like a lot "walking" in skates, not "dancing" or "marching"

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Hubbell is over her injury, so that's a help.

lmarie086

Medalist
Hubbell is over her injury, so that's a help.

Yes, she and Zach really didn't have a lot of training time before the 14/15 season. Their FD didn't truly work last season, but it might have been better if they hadn't lost so much time due to her recovery. I think she also had a concussion before the season as well, so that cut in to training time as well. I think they're going to start moving up this season.