2016-17 GPF Short Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Short Dance

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Didn't expect C/B in last... but DEFINITELY didn't expect S/S in 2nd! It's been an interesting competition.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Bad costumes and bad SD. I feel second hand embarrassment watching them. Please change your SD Maddy and Zach otherwise, Katelyn and Jean Luc might take your place at Worlds.

I actually hope for the scenario. :) (see my avatar!) Many have said many times they should ditch the SD, but well, they obviously thought the SD is worth to keep it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
indeed it's fustration, disappointment and sadness since delobel and schoenfelder 2006 og 4th place, P/B 4th place og 2014 and 3th world 2014.
It's amazing to me that you have this information readily to hand...

D/S did get their world title in the end in 2008 (which I had to wiki for the date).

P/B had my favourite FD of the Olympic year in 2014.

keasus

On the Ice
I am not a huge fan of hip/hop, but damn, the Shibs' SD is so fun and creative. Really well performed. My favorite of the night.

andromache

Record Breaker
Well the only thing that went as expected is V/M in first with a new personal best score... anyone expected Chock and Bates in last (and lower PCS than everyone but Hubbell/Donahue?!)

Judges really don't like C/B this year (could be they want fewer US teams so close to the top?) and meanwhile this is the first season I really like C/B. Their material is fresh - I hate the Bad to the Bone part of the SD, but I think the FD is very creative and strong. C/B's victories this year have all been based on TES rather than PCS. When they mess up technically, they get dumped.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's amazing to me that you have this information readily to hand...

D/S did get their world title in the end in 2008 (which I had to wiki for the date).

P/B had my favourite FD of the Olympic year in 2014.

:eek:topic: P/B also had my favorite FD of the olympic season! It was so fresh and creative.

Lota

Record Breaker
Well well well... the standings sure are intriguing :cool:

The most interesting FDs among the top teams for me belong to B/S and C/B, but I doubt they'll be able to claw their way up to 3rd place... Well, I just hope that everyone does well tomorrow, so that we can be in for another night of top-notch skating :agree:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
shibs blues pattern probably lost a level... twizzles were stellar so was the lift... good skate...a bit subdued....

Funny how perceptions differ....I actually thought they were more expressive and energetic than in their prior two outings.

TGee

Record Breaker
It is the first time for me to watch their SP from start to finish.
First half: Soft, flowy, but too bland.
SEcond half: I find the music "push it" really engaging. Then 5 differnt music cuts?? too choppy and lost the drive and contrast they had.

Uhm, why do I feel that I'm the only one that feels that the young American teams are the only ones that actually took the Blues/Hip hop requirement literally....

Cuts and sampling are one of the things that characterizes Hip hop.....critiquing it seems to me to be like criticising skaters for actually using Spanish music when that was the required pattern...

But I get that it's a challenging dance pattern, and the global acceptance and understanding of it clearly has a way to go to make really going for it not to be a risk....

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear I actually LIKE the Hubbell and Donahue weird music cuts! :scard7:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
H/D did rework their SD and the judges seem to like the changes because they scored a SB by over 3.5 points. They are moving in the right direction, with the feedback from today and more mileage it will be even better by nationals.

Plisskin

Medalist
I actually hope for the scenario. :) (see my avatar!) Many have said many times they should ditch the SD, but well, they obviously thought the SD is worth to keep it.
I wouldn't mind tbh. I like both teams and honestly, Maddy and Zach's SD is an embarrassment to their talents. I don't understand why they want to keep it so much. It's whack...

Giselle

Medalist
Judges really don't like C/B this year (could be they want fewer US teams so close to the top?) and meanwhile this is the first season I really like C/B. Their material is fresh - I hate the Bad to the Bone part of the SD, but I think the FD is very creative and strong. C/B's victories this year have all been based on TES rather than PCS. When they mess up technically, they get dumped.

As they should. Come what should the judges do, reward C/B for their mistakes?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
subdued here not compared to themselves... compared to some of the other teams
Funny how perceptions differ....I actually thought they were more expressive and energetic than in their prior two outings.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Shiiiibs! I am so happy. They have really capitalized on last year. It's wonderful to see!