2016-2017 Team China Update | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Team China Update

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Oh that performance by Han...and the whole video and concept...I know it was a bit tongue in cheek but I couldn't help it, I got a bit teary :sad21:

is there a video?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree with that... i thought they looked very good together.

I think that these new teams are better than the previous ones... that's just my opinion... and I am talking about the athletic potential only. Not interested in another feud about how humanly it must be difficult for these athletes...

Peng looks so much more comfortable with her new partner who is also expressing and communicating well. Yu is shining and elegant and with Hao, she gets huge support in the WOW WOW WOW pair elements. Time will tell, but at this point, considering Sui and Han are off the ice for a while, it probably was a bold but necessary move to make. Oh sigh... I fear I am going to get bashed for saying this.
Yu/Zhang looks so cold together. Sigh. Yu looks liked she aged a bit more.

Nice to see that Peng/Jin are meshing well.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what did you guys thing of the pair swapping number ? like a message sent to fans saying, "we are doing this for the best of all four skaters" ???

Weathergal

Medalist
Wow just wow. Awkward, cruel, bizarre. Those are the words that come to mind when I think of the pairs number with the four pairs skaters. Was it just me or did Yu look like she was trying to hold it together emotionally when she was skating with Jin at the beginning?

Does the Chinese fed honestly think people are buying this? Is it odd that so many songs with English lyrics were used in an exhibition in China? I honestly don't know so I'm asking.

i thought the Han number was nice if a bit of a tearjerker. It was difficult to see Sui in a wheelchair and genuinely touching the way he acted toward her. I can't remember her exact injuries. Does anyone recall?

Agree with others who weren't very moved by Yu/Zhang's program at this point although I will say their costumes, especially hers, are beautiful. Peng/Jin definitely showed promise in their SP, and they do seem to have some chemistry.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah... i am wondering if the fed thought it was absolutely necessary to make some sort of statement..... having all of them on the ice at the same time, can also send a positive message of "even though we disagreed, we have moved on into our new partnerships, for the best of our country"...

One can also think that Yu/Zhang could be lined up for 2018 while Peng/Jin for 2022.

The real losers of all this feud are the Wangs... they will have to work really hard to get to team number 3, let alone team number 2....

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was it just me or did Yu look like she was trying to hold it together emotionally when she was skating with Jin at the beginning?

Guess you didn't read her presser? Someone on FSU translated it.

She said how she was looking forward to holding Brother Jin's hand one more time. And how it hurts her a little on the inside when she thinks of all the unforgettable things from the past. That she had no mental preparation for the switch and reiterate how she just wants to hold Jin's hand again skating in 1 more program together.

Weathergal

Medalist
Guess you didn't read her presser? Someone on FSU translated it.

She said how she was looking forward to holding Brother Jin's hand one more time. And how it hurts her a little on the inside when she thinks of all the unforgettable things from the past. That she had no mental preparation for the switch and reiterate how she just wants to hold Jin's hand again skating in 1 more program together.

I hadn't read that--that is just heartbreaking. That makes me so sad. Kind thoughts to her.

Was reading more about Sui's injuries and recovery in the Fan Fest. These ladies are so strong eomtionally and physically.

yqs100

On the Ice
Can you guys stop making stories? Let the new teams concentrate and do their best. Thank you.

The latest interview with the two new pairs

Yu/ Zhang. The new partnership works better than she thought. The new sp is cheorograoged by david Wilson, Yu loves the music. LP is made by Lori. Theme is protect the environment. The aim for this team is improve everyday and hopefully can participate olympics. Yu is exciting about the olympics, it will be her 1st Olympic, she is very looking forward to it.

Peng/Jin. The new partnership is well matched. Peng is the one being more proactive, and encourage Jin to work harder.so far it works well. Their goal is to solve all the obstacles. And improve bit by bit and hope to delivery good performanc in every competition, eventually perform in the olympics.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Can you guys stop making stories? Let the new teams concentrate and do their best. Thank you.

The latest interview with the two new pairs

Yu/ Zhang. The new partnership works better than she thought. The new sp is cheorograoged by david Wilson, Yu loves the music. LP is made by Lori. Theme is protect the environment. The aim for this team is improve everyday and hopefully can participate olympics. Yu is exciting about the olympics, it will be her 1st Olympic, she is very looking forward to it.

Peng/Jin. The new partnership is well matched. Peng is the one being more proactive, and encourage Jin to work harder.so far it works well. Their goal is to solve all the obstacles. And improve bit by bit and hope to delivery good performanc in every competition, eventually perform in the olympics.

Who do you think you are? Someone at least said about it's source (like Weibo, or FSU) to check on while you haven't on the interview yet. You need to bring a link to back up what you said is a truth like the above. You haven't verified your claim that people are making stories either. Moreover, not every one are obliged to concentrate on the new pair teams if they do not want to, especially Xiaoyu's fans as the pairing was not done with a normal process.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Who do you think you are? Someone at least said about it's source (like Weibo, or FSU) to check on while you haven't on the interview yet. You need to bring a link to back up what you said is a truth like the above. You haven't verified your claim that people are making stories either. Moreover, not every one are obliged to concentrate on the new pair teams if they do not want to, especially Xiaoyu's fans as the pairing was not done with a normal process.

I think the poster meant this interview: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...ad-to-beijing-2022.97764/page-26#post-4829196

I think it's clear which pair is more happy with the situation...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
some update on team China:

- The new pairs Yu/Zhang and Peng/Jin released their programs, the results speak itself.
- Zijun Li just announced her new programs: SP - Le Diable Matou LP: The Banquet OST(chinese kongfu movie)
- Booing Jin's fan club posted a short clip of his new program, music is not attached. http://m.weibo.cn/status/4026402929...47397&id=4026402929949718&v_p=11&type=comment
- Han Yan will keep the LP, but have a new SP
- Sui/ Han is back on ice, the surgery and recovery was good. they have withdrew from SA, but still on CoC list.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
some update on team China:

- The new pairs Yu/Zhang and Peng/Jin released their programs, the results speak itself.
- Zijun Li just announced her new programs: SP - Le Diable Matou LP: The Banquet OST(chinese kongfu movie)
- Booing Jin's fan club posted a short clip of his new program, music is not attached. http://m.weibo.cn/status/4026402929...47397&id=4026402929949718&v_p=11&type=comment
- Han Yan will keep the LP, but have a new SP
- Sui/ Han is back on ice, the surgery and recovery was good. they have withdrew from SA, but still on CoC list.

OMG the Banquet OST, no wonder zijun is talking about that song!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i saw some clips of Zijun's stsq, it is obvious she emphasized on strength, power, sharpness in her stsq. also the Banquet OST is quite magnificent music, you got to skate big with burning emotion. the sweeping feeling. etc.