2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program

shyne

Final Flight
Judge #1 is the same judge who gave Adam Rippon a 6.75 for ss @ 2016 U.S. International Classic (his final ss was 8.40)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't really have an issue with a lower mark, as long as it's relatively consistent... judge 1 has been strict with pretty much everyone. If you scroll down quickly the protocols, you see a decrease.. judge 1 is almost always the lowest from all judges, which is being fair in my opinion. What I dislike is when a judge is giving 9s when others give 7s and 7s when others gives 9s... here judge 1 just thinks everyone sucked ;) (gotta feel sorry for that poor person who sees life without rose-colored glasses) i am fine with that hardcore attitude
Judge who gave PCS in 7's for Hanyu should be banned from judging anything more in this competition. Seriously.

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
i don't really have an issue with a lower mark, as long as it's relatively consistent... judge 1 has been strict with pretty much everyone. If you scroll down quickly the protocols, you see a decrease.. judge 1 is almost always the lowest from all judges, which is being fair in my opinion. What I dislike is when a judge is giving 9s when others give 7s and 7s when others gives 9s... here judge 1 just thinks everyone sucked ;) (gotta feel sorry for that poor person who sees life without rose-colored glasses) i am fine with that hardcore attitude

I'm also not happy with the 7s specially the transition. Hmm... but since you put it that way, I guess J1 must be really strict indeed. :devil:

shyne

Final Flight

That's so not true.
Judge 1 hands out as many extreme top scores as extreme bottom scores (both top and bottom extreme scores are being dropped, but only her extreme bottom scores are shocking because no one else gives out score anywhere close to that).She was chosen to serve at both Autumn Classic and U.S. International Classic this year.
Her scoring pattern for Men's SP clearly shows her dislike of certain type of skaters.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That's so not true.
Judge 1 hands out as many extreme top scores as extreme bottom scores (both top and bottom extreme scores are being dropped, but only her extreme bottom scores are shocking because no one else gives out score anywhere close to that).She was chosen to serve at both Autumn Classic and U.S. International Classic this year.
Her scoring pattern for Men's SP clearly shows her dislike of certain type of skaters.

I can't see the link ... it sends me to nowhere

I didn't make a thorough analysis... as I said, I scrolled quickly down the protocols and her numbers were going down gradually, pretty much like everyone else.

Maybe she thought like some others on this thread that Yuzu's performance is not wild enough for Prince... (I personally think it's not at its full potential yet but that it will be very soon)

and regarding Adam... sigh... I am sorry but last year's programs were so much better than this year... perhaps this judge is being strict on musical interpretation.

I haven't noticed the kind of extremes that you are talking about. Sorry. Maybe I am blind.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Now if someone could just steal the white pants and replace them with some black ones with purple rhinestones.
You steal the pants, I bring the bling.

At least with that outfit no one can complain about leg extension and toe point :sarcasm: because how the hell would you be able to see any of it with all that white on white.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I can't see the link ... it sends me to nowhere

I didn't make a thorough analysis... as I said, I scrolled quickly down the protocols and her numbers were going down gradually, pretty much like everyone else.

Maybe she thought like some others on this thread that Yuzu's performance is not wild enough for Prince... (I personally think it's not at its full potential yet but that it will be very soon)

and regarding Adam... sigh... I am sorry but last year's programs were so much better than this year... perhaps this judge is being strict on musical interpretation.

I haven't noticed the kind of extremes that you are talking about. Sorry. Maybe I am blind.

Actually looking at this image it does look suspiciously. Actually if the judge liked performance or not shouldn't matter for judging things like skating skills , transitions etc especially when Hanyu gets 7' in pcs while the same judge gives average of 8,5 for Messing

You know, judges are also humans and they are somewhat biased, likes this or this skater, but they souldn't use it totally to completely distort results based on their bias

Last edited:

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
this looks potentially correct as the referee was indeed jean senft
Yes should be! I heard those names while they were introducing judges in the beginning!

David Kirby, Cory Sutherland

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
That's so not true.

That is such a detail data :bow:

Her scoring :palmf:. For those that cannot view the table in instagram, sorry it is a bit small.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just to clarify :) i raised the issue with judge 1... i think i was among the first posters (if not the first ) to mention how crazy low she marked Yuzuru.

then i scrolled down quickly, and it looked like she was marking everyone harshly.. and her scores were decreasing WHICH TO ME MEANS that she was marking pretty much as the skaters ended up ranking... which to me is fair scoring.

However, now, I have looked at that table... and yes...it does show that she's an extreme scorer. I am happy to stand corrected based on facts I hadn't seen... i thought she had A LOW pattern for everyone.. but fair enough she has an extreme HIGH pattern too...

Aren't the lowest and highest marks dropped anyways? In this case, we can all breathe properly as almost ALL of her work is in the garbage.

Oh well, thanks to karne, we know Australians at times, have strong opinions ;) that makes life diverse and beautiful :) let's see if she gets picked to score big events ;) (i doubt it)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
just to clarify :) i raised the issue with judge 1... i think i was among the first posters (if not the first ) to mention how crazy low she marked Yuzuru.

then i scrolled down quickly, and it looked like she was marking everyone harshly.. and her scores were decreasing WHICH TO ME MEANS that she was marking pretty much as the skaters ended up ranking... which to me is fair scoring.

However, now, I have looked at that table... and yes...it does show that she's an extreme scorer. I am happy to stand corrected based on facts I hadn't seen... i thought she had A LOW pattern for everyone.. but fair enough she has an extreme HIGH pattern too...

Aren't the lowest and highest marks dropped anyways? In this case, we can all breathe properly as almost ALL of her work is in the garbage.

Oh well, thanks to karne, we know Australians at times, have strong opinions ;) that makes life diverse and beautiful :) let's see if she gets picked to score big events ;) (i doubt it)

Yes. I think that within her marks between skaters, there's not much significant difference (well, between some). I did a one-way ANOVA for her scores between selected skaters (Hanyu, Ge, Messing, Toman, Samohin, and Raya) and based on Tukey's Honestly Significant Differences:

Ge-Hanyu
Messing-Hanyu
Toman-Hanyu
Samohin-Hanyu
Raya-Hanyu
Messing-Ge
Toman-Ge
Samohin-Ge

Raya-Ge
Toman-Messing
Samohin-Messing
Raya-Messing
Samohin-Toman
Raya-Toman
Raya-Samohin

Scores of bolded pairs are significantly different. And, of course, you don't really need to do this to see that her scores, at least for Hanyu (he's all I did thus far), are very much significantly different from all 6 other judges (of whom don't differ much at all between one another)

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I rewatched this morning, thinking I was too tired a few hours ago and nah. Someone steal those pants. That is not good. I mean even in hi-res,

he is melting into the ice. WTH to be honest. I completely understand Orser's reaction of "Oh, white" when he saw it - and he saw it just before this performance. I am not sure that was particularly smart and I think the pants and sleeves require a change .

https://vine.co/v/56BHmUWYnqU

There needs to be a bigger delineation between him and the ice. Overall, this program still looks better than I thought it would at this point, or he looks better. There's a slightly improved quality to his jumps, I'm looking forward to seeing them more. He needs more energy for it all to pop but that'll happen when it settles for him and he's not thinking through it all so much.

Please fire judge #1.

Misha still looks lovely on second viewing. Max still makes me sigh. Bring on the FS.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I predict that we won't see Hanyu's white costume again. If he still wants to use it somebody in his team will taint it with something. But I give him credits for using white boot covers, he's really gone for that look. I really couldn't enjoy his performance at all because of it. Maybe judge no. 1 did give him such low marks because she couldn't see him properly? :dev3:

tzazu

Medalist
I predict that we won't see Hanyu's white costume again. If he still wants to use it somebody in his team will taint it with something. But I give him credits for using white boot covers, he's really gone for that look. I really couldn't enjoy his performance at all because of it. Maybe judge no. 1 did give him such low marks because she couldn't see him properly? :dev3:

:laugh2:

HanDomi

Record Breaker

laughed hard at this

hope Orser gonna unintentionally destroy this costume :laugh2:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
hope Orser gonna unintentionally destroy this costume :laugh2:

Ahem, all he needs to do make the typical 'male' mistake when washing clothes. Just pop something purple in with it when washing it. Teeny tiny mistake and all solved :biggrin: