2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Ladies Free Skate

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. Under close scrutiny, flat at most. During real-time, hard to spot anything remotely suspect there.

I think edge calls are massively over punished anyway so I don't care if they miss them all TBH. :)

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
My 2 cents of the 3 top ladies:

Elena Radionova - Another skater that I like, jumps fully rotated with good height, etc. (Satoko better not medal at Worlds this time with her so 'obviously' underotated jumps, it just irks me to bits when the judges continue to give her high marks for her jumps!) My only question is - why is Elena skating to this dinosaur piece of music, 'Titanic'? That music is so archaic, the movie itself is 19 years old and Elena is only 17. Elena is youthful, full of exuberance and naturally radiant, she can skate to any music. If the coach wants her to skate to 'modern' music instead of 'classical', there are plenty to choose from her 'own' lifetime and not this sombre, melancholy grandma's favorite called 'Titanic'.
:laugh: Whenever I heard the Voice of "Jack" near the end of the program, I just could not stop holding my sides with laughter... "My Heart will Go on" for a 17-year-old girl? Really? :laugh: Perhaps her team believes that this piece of music can strike a responsive chord with American audience at Worlds.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think edge calls are massively over punished anyway so I don't care if they miss them all TBH. :)

Right, just as you have nothing against Evgenia in this thread, despite having posted dozens of times this season about how much you don't care for her programs.

Tell me I'm wrong.

gotoschool

Medalist
It looks more like an E once she takes off...but of course the judges are sooo selective. :bang:

I do think Evgenia skated well, but I agree. It looks like an E to me. Most all of Evgenia's inside blade is in contact with the ice on take off instead of just the toe pick and there looks to be quite a bit of weight applied to the inside blade.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right, just as you have nothing against Evgenia in this thread, despite having posted dozens of times this season about how much you don't care for her programs.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I just liked her better last season and connected to her and Sima's friendship then. I think a ! call would be more than enough for her 3z and I really don't mind a non call TBH. That's all I was saying.

Her programs are what they are. It's obvious some people connect with her. I'm just one of the ones who don't ...... this year.

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
I could not comment live :drama:, I missed all the fun with you guys.
My few short comments before I zone out :bed::

The best program of the night belongs to Giada Russo, hands down (I would not expected that). Bold, brave, innovative and she moved soooool well. Her awarness is absolutely fantastic. The program was also jammed packed with transitions. Bravo!

Chiming in to agree with your comment. I got goosebumps watching Giada's FS. She had incredibly fluid, silky upper body movement, coordination, turns and feel for the music. It's a rare program that feels like real dance on the ice, not just skating. I wonder if she has extensive dance background as her dancing skills are top notch.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Congratulations to the medalists! And especially congratulations to our Viveca Lindfors for getting 8th place at her first Europeans!!! That means that we are getting 2 slots next year? (Just hoping that one day soon we would get a male skater who is able to jump a more difficult combination than 3T-2t... in sp and has the triple axel.)

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Show me the posts where you defended her. And even if you did, you know nothing about Evgenia when you attacked her "3z-3t" when she doesn't have one. Even non-fans know she has a 3f-3t. And when will you compare Evgenia's 3f-3t with Radio's 3f to show you're fair to everyone?

Someone is taking this too seriously!

randomfan

Record Breaker
Zhenia's jumpamatron on her 3z
http://youtu.be/wAxNv8Uo3V0

:biggrin:

I recommend putting it in 1080p HD :yes:

Out of all your amazing jumpamatron videos, this has to be the best, especially because of the random moments at 0:18 and 0:42! :)

This picture sums up the competition in all

agree ? :laugh2:

http://cs633624.vk.me/v633624863/13cdc/9huAW70v3as.jpg

:popcorn: I love Elena's face! Someone should make a meme like those hilarious ones of Ashley at Sochi.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Agreed. Under close scrutiny, flat at most. During real-time, hard to spot anything remotely suspect there.

It is still much less obvious than Gracie's outside edge on flip. Zhenya has to put her imperfect lutz in FP. But she is doing it just once and even if she is getting away with cheating it is nothing like Gracie who uses flip both in SP and LP or Satoko with her unpunished URs.

karlowens2

On the Ice
I would watch Evgenia over Wagner or Radio of Joshi because Evgenia has more beautiful body lines, more consistent athletic jumps, and more balletic elegant interpretation. Glad the judges agree with me.

Yeah, until Med stops winning and you' ve moved on to the next one. Was thinking last night where did all the Tut fans go? How many of you who think Med is the answer were Tut fanatics last season?

Litheness and 40 kg are not artistry. Few on this site want to face the fact that if winning depends on being light with adolescent flexibility it's not a sport.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Just because Gracie's and Satoko's techincal problems are overlooked too, it doesn't make Evgenia's missing Lutz edge call okay. All of that is a problem. There's a slew of skaters behind them who are not getting this benefit of the doubt. And that makes it unfair.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Just because Gracie's and Satoko's techincal problems are overlooked too, it doesn't make Evgenia's missing Lutz edge call okay. All of that is a problem. There's a slew of skaters behind them who are not getting this benefit of the doubt. And that makes it unfair.

It does because other skaters are missing many other things which the leaders have, hence, it would still make no difference. Then it is about relative judging of the leaders: either forego or not but with the same attitude to everyone.

karlowens2

On the Ice
So much drama but the truth is that as of now none of the Russian senior skaters is younger than 16.

Stop trivializing the issue. Many have been 15 when they were awarded important medals. This whole discussion would dry up if the senior age level were moved up 18. Less mixing of apples and oranges. People(Rus. Fed.?) who oppose this know that their favorite 16 yo will probably not be there by the time they are 18. Sotnikova for example.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Stop trivializing the issue. Many have been 15 when they were awarded important medals. This whole discussion would dry up if the senior age level were moved up 18. Less mixing of apples and oranges. People(Rus. Fed.?) who oppose this know that their favorite 16 yo will probably not be there by the time they are 18. Sotnikova for example.

Stop being so bitter against the Russian skaters who currently are the best in the world. There was the change of generations that started with Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva after the long drought after Slutskaya. Now this first crop is getting to the age of maturity and NOBODY is officially out. Some will be due to injuries but some will survive and we should hope that Medvedeva and Radionova will be around for many years, that Yulia in her new body will be able to restore her FP - her SP was good last and is good this season, that Liza will overcome whatever issues she has (which have nothing to do with age) and reappear strong with 3A etc. etc. As for "15 year olds" we see that Sotskova and Sakhanovich stay in juniors, that Tsurskaya will stay in juniors at least another year, etc. etc. This nonsense is tiresome - luckily a lot of GS members think like that.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty

huh ? Lena is 17 and Tuk just turned 19, and they are still around.
Tuk won her Worlds medal post puberty. so your arguement is invalid