2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach!!! I was too busy watching the Free Dance, and forgot about the Pairs highlights on Eurosport!!! :bang:

They've been on half an hour, and della Monica and Guarise have just finished.

I'm so sorry! :disapp: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm pretty sure that's not true, at least in figure skating or is that a new rule?

Tatiana Volosozhar skated for Ukraine in 2006, 2010 and for Russia in 2014.
Tatiana Navka skated for Belarus in 1994, 1998, and for Russia in 2002 and 2006.
Thanks for correcting me, you're perfectly right. I thought I read that somewhere ... :scratch2:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Just watched the top three free skates. I believe commentary was done by TAT. I would love to know what she was saying; she was really excited! Anyone know?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yes! I'd give one to Orser and Stojko (so that the Canadians have two, I feel they'd deserve that) and I'd give another one to Slutskaya. Russia was too long without a ladies OG after all, that caused a bunch of problems. ;)
Michelle Kwan, Patrick Chan, Usova and Zhulin, Babilonia and Gardner and Kurt Browning all worthy too :)

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 182.71 2 1 video
2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 178.01 1 3 video
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 176.50 3 2 video
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 172.65 4 4 video
5 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 165.55 5 5 video
6 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR 162.75 8 6 video
7 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 162.58 6 7 video
8 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 158.05 9 8 video
9 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 152.79 10 9 video
10 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 151.67 7 12 video
11 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksim SPODIREV POL 147.07 11 11 video
12 Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 145.23 12 10 video
13 Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA CZE 141.36 14 13 video
14 Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS GER 137.99 13 15 video
15 Cecilia TЦRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 134.10 18 14 video
16 Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR 133.71 17 16 video
17 Barbora SILNA / Juri KURAKIN AUT 129.87 15 17 video
18 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL ARM 125.19 20 18 video
19 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP 122.81 19 19 video
20 Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET FRA 121.43 16 20 video

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They practise 4Tw, 4STh and 4FTh. Maybe it is time to let the Axel go.

I've read somewhere that they tried 3a throw and it just don't go for them. So they decided to focus on quads instead.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 182.71 2 1 video
2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 178.01 1 3 video
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 176.50 3 2 video
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 172.65 4 4 video
5 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 165.55 5 5 video
6 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR 162.75 8 6 video
7 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 162.58 6 7 video
8 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 158.05 9 8 video
9 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 152.79 10 9 video
10 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 151.67 7 12 video
11 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksim SPODIREV POL 147.07 11 11 video
12 Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 145.23 12 10 video
13 Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA CZE 141.36 14 13 video
14 Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS GER 137.99 13 15 video
15 Cecilia TЦRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 134.10 18 14 video
16 Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR 133.71 17 16 video
17 Barbora SILNA / Juri KURAKIN AUT 129.87 15 17 video
18 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL ARM 125.19 20 18 video
19 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP 122.81 19 19 video
20 Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET FRA 121.43 16 20 video

You may want to move this to the dance thread (as these are the ice dancers and not the pairs programs!).

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Just watched the top three free skates. I believe commentary was done by TAT. I would love to know what she was saying; she was really excited! Anyone know?

I only watched S/M of the top three, and was pleasantly surprised by how complimentary TAT was to Aljona. She said their music was terrible (true), but the skating was outstanding. She said the entrances to the elements were very creative, and Aljona pushes both herself and Bruno mercilessly. Also, the DS was done with the other arm, which might mean the usual arm is injured. The one-arm lifts were superb (when they happened).

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
S/M way overscored on PCS. Solely because she is Aliona Savchenko. She's great though. Also scratching my head at how people can think Massot will be greater than Robin? No way.

V/T very conservative scoring. Should've been over 145 points. High quality elements, great transitions and choreographic movements, better speed than previous performances, incredible lifts...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I only watched S/M of the top three, and was pleasantly surprised by how complimentary TAT was to Aljona. She said their music was terrible (true), but the skating was outstanding. She said the entrances to the elements were very creative, and Aljona pushes both herself and Bruno mercilessly. Also, the DS was done with the other arm, which might mean the usual arm is injured. The one-arm lifts were superb (when they happened).

Imagine if the judges are this generous for S/M already what they will get with better music. I just don't think they deserve to be treated this kindly. It is pretty clear Aliona wants gold and is out for herself. That's fine and in some ways admirable. She isn't mean from what I can see. She is strategic nothing wrong with that but on the other side while it is a free world I think she has had her turn I am sure she will podium though. It just doesn't seem fair if there is such a word. You find a coutry where you can be no1 and qualify easy not like Russia, get th support and attention and the judges love you not just on talent some would say. Sometimes thinking about yourself works probably in Alionas case, Yamaguchi who dumped Rudi to focus on singles, yes, I know there will be fans who say this is life or whatever, trankov but then it didn't or doesn't appear to be working for Kirsten MT - mind you I thought that was mainly because it wasn't sure if he was going to stay in for the next Olympics. But it looks like two fourths at worlds is as close as she will get. I hope Germany has two spots at worlds or I will even be more against sm but I know that is life and the name of the game skating for a country is now more for convenience.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A kinda of disappointing free skate, not everyone skated their best, but none the less still entertaining.

I loved V/T, from the very first moment the music started I was drawn in. For me it is probably their best free programme, far far ahead of JCS in Sochi. The dramatic music suits Maxim's style. I expected the score to be a bit higher but two of the lifts, the death spiral and PCsp were only level 3. Definitely work to do before Worlds, if both were fit and healthy K/S and S/K would be capable of beating that.

Some very good technical elements from S/M bar the two lifts but once again they were grossly overscored on the PCS. It is absolutely ridiculous that this skate scored 72.61 and was just 1.05 marks behind V/T. This is a clear message if they can deliver the Tech they will be on podiums battling for gold. Lots to admire in what they delivered, Aliona was very understanding in the K&C, maybe not so when the cameras had disappeared.

T/M should have been in 2nd overall even with their less than stellar skate. I much prefer last years Hello than Chopin, that aside when on form you can not deny the quality of the elements. V/T scored more for their twist than T/M. J/C moved up to 4th despite finishing 5th in both segments, they really went for the TES and as a result I think the performance side was a bit flat. Hard to believe that M/H place 4th in the Free and 5th overall, I don't like this programme and for me undoes a lot of the great progress they made in their debut season.

DM/G could easily have been the number 1 Italians here but for a slightly sloppy skate, I like this couple and they are really progressing. I loved A/R's performance, they give it everything they are two great performers and really commit. They got a great reaction from the audience who were not very happy with their score. Does anyone know why the lift was invalidated? Their PCS was disappointing, I would have placed them second on that in the high 60's.

I thought V/B were going to skate a blinder but as the programme went on things went downhill, still for a first season team they are doing well and have huge potential. I also enjoyed D/K, a lot of potential with good technical content, has there ever been a top team from Belarus? I also liked the Lithuanians, they could place well in Junior worlds.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
It's interesting that S/M are going huge marks right out of the gate. Its clearly all on Aliona's reputation because while Bruno isn't terrible he's nowhere near her level. Their a little uneven at the moment. Its not like their a match made in heaven. I mean when V/T got together their getting the huge marks from the start made perfect sense. It was two brilliant individual skaters coming together to form what pretty much everybody considered the dream team. Aliona is brilliant but Bruno is only okay so why such high marks? :unsure:

Arawen

Final Flight
First of all I´m SO SO happy for V/T, finally they´re back for real :yahoo: Like many here I agree on S/M being overscored in PCS. Their elements are huge and the lifts are very daring when executed but in between I think their skating is either slow or rushed and they´re not "beautiful" to watch IMO.

frida_lumen

Rinkside
I'm pretty sure that's not true, at least in figure skating or is that a new rule?

Tatiana Volosozhar skated for Ukraine in 2006, 2010 and for Russia in 2014.
Tatiana Navka skated for Belarus in 1994, 1998, and for Russia in 2002 and 2006.
Aliona already skated for two different countries at the Olympics. In 2002 with Morozov she represented Ukraine. She's 4-time Olympian and she's going for more :) Impressive.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
Silly anecdote from tonight, as I was watching the news with my parents, they showed Papadakis & Cizeron then a really short footage of James & Ciprès.
-Dad : Surya is still skating?
-Mom : Wow she's become quite beautiful after all her (plastic) surgeries !
-Me : :laugh:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
For those who would have score S/M's PCS lower, what marks would you have given them and why? I don't know the PCS bullet points for pairs inside and out. I'm always curious about how we decide what program component scores we would give.