2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm sorry, Wakaba. I love you, but I hated everything about that routine.

The dress, the gloves, the music. Just wrong.

Skating was good (apart from one jump that you needed a magnifying glass to see). But I couldn't get excited about it because I disliked everything else so much.

She deserves better than this.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Poor Se Bin. She's falling on everything!

Hope her coach gives her the biggest hug possible at the end. Because she'll need it.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So I'm probably the only one who kind of likes Wakaba's dress...

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The scores are meaningless without the TES/PCS breakdown. Wakaba did not deserve a high PCS but who knows what she got. The backloading of jumps is an unfortunate result of the SP bonus. It should be re-thought if not eliminated. In the long program the skaters have to go 2 minutes to get the bonus. It makes no sense to give a bonus after a little over a minute in the short program. Maybe only one late jump should be given the bonus.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
:love: Wakaba!! But the dress is mehh. To long for her short legs.

Yes. That's what was bugging me. And the bell sleeves just emphasized it.

It's too bad, I hope they change the dress but you can see in the close ups how much work and detail went into it.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I see my World Champion daughter!!!

No interaction between Se Bin and her coach at all.

:disapp:

Correction, they sat close together for the photo. Now they're talking.

This score will not be pretty.

CaroLiza_fan

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

I like the concept of the dress, the colors, the ombre (of course), and the detailing is gorgeous up close- it's just not cut right for her. Maybe they can get it altered instead of replacing it totally.

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes that's the word... something about her just mesmerizes me :agree2:

Me too...I just sat there with my mouth open and then at the layback I uttered a spontaneous Aaaaaahhhh soo gooood

burntBREAD

Medalist
The scores are meaningless without the TES/PCS breakdown. Wakaba did not deserve a high PCS but who knows what she got. The backloading of jumps is an unfortunate result of the SP bonus. It should be re-thought if not eliminated. In the long program the skaters have to go 2 minutes to get the bonus. It makes no sense to give a bonus after a little over a minute in the short program. Maybe only one late jump should be given the bonus.

They read the TES and the PCS separately when announcing the scores and both are listed separately here as well. http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4144/senior/SEG001.HTM

TMC

Record Breaker

No, I liked it too :)

I don't think her programme is so egregiously backloaded, not compared to last season's short anyway

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
For a second, I thought I saw Alaine from the girls to have a warm-up time, but that was mistaken. I'm wondering who is the blonde girl. :)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Wakaba was amazing, loved every single part of the program, pcs were low but if she improves will he 72-73 by the end of season if goes clean . Great job Shae lynn and Wakaba.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I'm saving that until she comes on. But, I am really itching to see her!

Haven't seen the Pairs competition from Czech Skate yet, so it's been a while since I've seen her in action! Come to think of it, I haven't seen Anna or Martin skating since they won Junior Worlds! :eek:

Bad Dad! Very bad Dad!

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
Wakaba was amazing, loved every single part of the program, pcs were low but if she improves will he 72-73 by the end of season if goes clean . Great job Shae lynn and Wakaba.

Yay somebody who agrees with me! I just loved literally every single second of that programme.

I haven't really cared about the ladies since Michelle, but Wakakba and Ashley and the like are bringing me back :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don't agree with that last sentence, though. Many ladies do two jumps in the second half, and it results in beautifully balanced programs. But I get that wasn't quite your point.

I totally agree though that squishing the combo and last triple together was very bad.