2016 Lombardia Trophy Pairs FP | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Pairs FP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Just noticed there was no thread for this.

Here's the stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RocWMCGVQvY

Pairs Free Skate
Saturday, September 10, 2016

8 - 11 Sep 2016
Bergamo Italy

Entries

No.NameNation
1Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff, performed by The Piano Guys
LP Love Story by Nana Mouskouri
ITA
2Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
SP
LP "Homecoming" and "The Ocean Princess" by Thomas Bergersen
ITA
3Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP "Seven Nation Army ," by Jack White; choreo by Massimo Scali, Corrado Giordani
LP The Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) performed by Adele, Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (soundtrack); choreo by Massimo Scali, Corrado Giordani
ITA
4Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV
SP Scorpions: Maybe I Maybe You; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LP Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LTU
5Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS
SP Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer
LP "Detonation" by Joe Doering and a cover version of "The Writing's on the Wall" by Michael Weatherwax, The WaxTrax Orchestra, and Andrea Robinson, from the Spectre soundtrack
KOR
6Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
SP "Purple Rain" by Stacy Francis and Prince; choreo by Amanda Evora & Jim Peterson
LP "Don't Cry for me Argentina" performed by Madonna; choreo by Amanda Evora & Jim Peterson
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
First pair is on the ice. Lion King program. Some nice spirals to the Pride Rock crescendo. A little trouble on the jumps. Lose synch on sbs spins. Finish before the music. Oh, crap this is juniors:palmf:

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ok, now the senior pairs are on. Butkute/Ermolaev on first. My stream is skipping, so I missed the first jump. Her knee is wrapped. He didn't really drop her on the twist, but she came down hard on two feet. Music is Muse. Simple gray dress for her, black button down and pants for him. Little errors here and there, but nothing major. Decent first outing

Edit: He's very handsome :love:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Ok, now the senior pairs are on. Butkute/Ermolaev on first. My stream is skipping, so I missed the first jump. Her knee is wrapped. He didn't really drop her on the twist, but she came down hard on two feet. Music is Muse. Simple gray dress for her, black button down and pants for him. Little errors here and there, but nothing major. Decent first outing

Edit: He's very handsome :love:

I just came and was disappointed at missing them. Well, I think I can live with that now... ;)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I just came and was disappointed at missing them. Well, I think I can live with that now... ;)

Welcome! I'm glad you're here, I was wondering if all the posters were watching pairs in another thread and I was making a fool of myself over here :laugh:

Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS <<<< BEST NAME EVER

Shame about the fall. Minji has very nice lines. Another fall. Is this Korea's top pair? I know they're trying to push the ladies to be ready for 2018, is Korea focusing on the other disciplines as well?

LRK

Record Breaker
Very dramtic music - made the falls even more dramatic. I do really like them, though - I think they have potential.

TMC

Record Breaker
Welcome! I'm glad you're here, I was wondering if all the posters were watching pairs in another thread and I was making a fool of myself over here :laugh:

Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS <<<< BEST NAME EVER

Shame about the fall. Minji has very nice lines. Another fall. Is this Korea's top pair? I know they're trying to push the ladies to be ready for 2018, is Korea focusing on the other disciplines as well?

Yes, they are the 2016 Korean champions

- - - Updated - - -

I really like Pfund/Santillan!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I think I remember likeing Pfund and Santillan last year...

Skating to Evita (film version). Well choreographed program- wow, actually using the elements to express the lyrics, who's weird idea was that :laugh:

Shame about the falls, but I remember why I like them now :clap:

TMC

Record Breaker
They were very consistent last year, so I'm surprised to see 2 falls. That last throw was pretty sweet though!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
They were very consistent last year, so I'm surprised to see 2 falls. That last throw was pretty sweet though!

It's still early in the season, I'm sure they'll be back in form later.

Wow, sparkly black bodysuits rule the day. Vanessa James's impact

TMC

Record Breaker
It's still early in the season, I'm sure they'll be back in form later.

Wow, sparkly black bodysuits rule the day. Vanessa James's impact

Very true!

I like the bodysuits, shows the line nicely.

Can't wait to see what Vale & Ondrej have in store for us!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Very true!

I like the bodysuits, shows the line nicely.

Can't wait to see what Vale & Ondrej have in store for us!

I agree, the bodysuits are lovely. Though apparently a little uncomfortable if Rebecca's wedgie picking is any indication! :laugh2:

sarama

Medalist
I have no idea who they are, but they looked happy, good for them! Now Nicole and Matteo show who is the top Italian team....
Is this some kind of tribute to Sale and Pelletier?

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
A bit too sa... soft version of this song for me - I prefer it with a little more Power.