2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS

LRK

Record Breaker
I think there are signs here & there that show that they haven't skated so long together - but considering how good they are already, I think it is a very promising partnership.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Tim are Really amazing when you consider they only paired up in June. A few stumbles, but really lovely lines and connection with each other on the ice. And they were happy:love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow! Well done, Ashley and Timothy.

Their improvements are visually evident. They had a great presence on the ice and their lines looked assured even though they didn't hit every elements. The two throw jump landings were iffy, but given their short partnership, they will get there.

I'm wondering why there isn't a thread for 2016-17 U.S. Pairs figure skating yet. :)

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Cain/Leduc...wondering how US colleagues saw this. I thought that while there were rough elements, they were comfortable in the program and didn't feel early season to me.

Am struggling with the winter white of the costumes. The design is pleasant and concept works IMO, but just so hard to see in competition lighting.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Minerva Hase and Nolan ? from Germany.... I really really loved that version of Eleanor Rigby. It provided so many different moods and contrasts. Great start with instrumentals, then eventually vocals which was like, oh yes, I wanted to hear those words.

I thought this pair did a lovely job of interpreting it too. Nice to see.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Well done, Ashley and Timothy.

Their improvements are visually evident. They had a great presence on the ice and their lines looked assured even though they didn't hit every elements. The two throw jump landings were iffy, but given their short partnership, they will get there.

I'm wondering why there isn't a thread for 2016-17 U.S. Pairs figure skating yet. :)

Good idea! If you start one, I'm there!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cain/Leduc...wondering how US colleagues saw this. I thought that while there were rough elements, they were comfortable in the program and didn't feel early season to me.

Am struggling with the winter white of the costumes. The design is pleasant and concept works IMO, but just so hard to see in competition lighting.

Good question. Ashley and Tim competed against Marissa/Mervin at Mid-Atlantic and bested them in SP, although M/M won after FS.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This is another new team that I do think has potential if they stick together. It's obvious they are still getting some elements worked out but they have a nice connection and flow across the ice and some of their elements are fairly big already.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so mad. The video stopped for me just as "Once Upon a Dream" started, well I heard about 2 bars. And I love that version!

I know, I'm always talking about the music. I did see enough to see that they really struggled with the jumps today. Erika and AJ, that is.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Totally unexpected pleasure from Erika SMITH / AJ REISS. They were fast, dynamic, and colorful. They shed their unique character on the ice. Where have you been? (rather it is like where I have been not knowing them until the event!) Although they made a lot of mistakes, they also looked pretty promising. I just googled them, and they competed in the last US National, 6th. I'll definitely keep my eye on them from now on.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
So I really do appreciate that these two are trying something different but that was just too avant garde for me... I feel like i just don't get it. They've also really regressed technically since last year which is sad to see. COOL final lift though.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love the unconventional program using experimental music pieces and costumes. :) I felt their SP was dull and underperformed, but the program showed their energy although their performance was not clean.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was very pretty but a little generic in the theme. Some really nice touches though- I loved the entrance to the death spiral and the entrance to the final lift.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Lubov and Dylan:love: That last lift, beginning with a dance lift then transitioning to pairs lift, just wow.

I can see Sandra Bezic's influence ... in the choreography and also in how Dylan and Lubov show it. Seems like I see a big change in expression from Dylan.:)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Luibov and Dylan presented another beautiful program after their SP. They brought up something new to the current Canadian pairs field. They also made a lot of mistake, but still didn't not lose the overall quality of performance. :love:

TGee

Record Breaker
Luba/Dylan ...so great for this point in the season. Love this new FS. Elements to work on but the program is solid. Definitely in good shape for GP season.:clapper:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
OMG that one lift :jaw: :love:

I honestly think these two are this years world champions. Last year I wasn't sold on them but they have REALLY solidified into something very special.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gorgeous elements and skating from Aliona and Bruno. Just incredible.