2016 NHK Trophy Ladies SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we have it all here... but i have never seen dumplings in borscht... so now i am curious.. usually it's sour cream... or meat and cabbage
I don't think we have a Polish restaurant in my home town. Hungarian so borscht is possible but I don't think we could get Polish food. We can get Mongolian food and Tunisian. And Ethiopian. In Toronto or Montreal maybe.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I don't think we have a Polish restaurant in my home town. Hungarian so borscht is possible but I don't think we could get Polish food. We can get Mongolian food and Tunisian. And Ethiopian. In Toronto or Montreal maybe.

if it was possible (without destroying meals in the process of transporting them to Canada...), we would send you at least samples of all traditional Christmas Polish dishes (including homemade pies and cookies), there are only 3 of us at home so there is a lot of food to share :)

MIM

Medalist
Judge #9 from SVK has very interesting view, too.

He gave exact same scores (SS, TR, PE, CO) to Anna and Maria.

He liked Maria Nagasu and Karen.
Nagasu got 8-8.75

He did not like Satoko Alaine.
Satoko got 6.75-7.5

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ok well i guess i will wash some dishes... and see if it wakes me up enough for men... see you in the men's thread... or in my bed

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
if it was possible (without destroying meals in the process of transporting them to Canada...), we would send you at least samples of all traditional Christmas Polish dishes (including homemade pies and cookies), there are only 3 of us at home so there is a lot of food to share :)

My bucket list for travel is
Paris
St. Petersburg
Eastern Europe (and Vienna)

One day I'll make to Poland. I studied so much history of the area at University that I really want to go and see all the places I read about.
But I will probably travel in the Spring or Fall. I've heard too much about Russian winters to risk it. My supply lines might get cut off!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
yes but erasing the lowest and highest score means that the second lowest and second highest scores count... when things are normally done, the median score is pretty close to average... when there are cuckoo scores... it can mess up things badly...

I will always remember Sylvie Fréchette in synchro swimming... Brazilian judge wanted to give her 9.7 but typed in 8.7 she tried to explain that it was a mistake but the USA referee didn't allow her to change the score.... so her score which would have been the highest, became the lowest.... Sylvie lost the gold because of that error.... so it still made a difference there... of course, a couple years later, it was repaired but there's nothing like winning at the Olympics ...
I agree, it can make a difference. Especially if you have two judges who favour a certain athlete.

deneuved

On the Ice
The technical panel were very kind to Miyahara, no way that lutz was just <. It was definitely <<, and then she would have been 4th.

MIM

Medalist
Judge #7 giving Yura 9.00 for skating skill, 9.25 for performance 9.50 for Composition and 9.50 for Interpretation made me giggle.

She gave higher marks than the mean.

I actually like her judging style.
Her SS TR seems to be on point. She grouped PE CO IN together and gave one number for three components in most cases.

9.25+ Karen Yura
9.25 Anna, Satoko
9.00 Mirai
8.75 Higuchi
8.50+Maria

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah, it is one of the kinds of borscht we have without sour cream (and vegetables and meat that some other kinds have in a plate) and the dumpligs are filled with mushrooms. It's a best soup ever for me! I have no idea if there is right word for this in English, but in my family the borscht is made few days before so it can go more sour, same process like with cucumbers or cabage (I know there is no tradition for that in western countries).
Ancientpeas, if you have a chance, go for it!

Wait, Elizabet lost to levels on StSq? That kind of explain her low score :( And Karen has an URed combo too...

My Gram used to float an egg on top of borscht too but none of us ate it that way... :eek:hwell:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
We have tradition that there should be 12 kinds of food (food may differ gravely depending on what your family tradition is), I'm not sure what all of them are called in English, but my favourite is this: http://www.mojegotowanie.pl/media/c...38e81c8e0f5f19e39d319eceda0aaab9afa3f333.jpeg :love:

Lol at Wakaba having lower GOE on 2A than Satoko. Had Mirai not lost levels on spins, she might've been ahead of satoko.
I know its suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper OT but I love polish ppl here on the forum I met:thumbsup:
Its such in contrast to what tv tells me all the time:laugh::slink:

andromache

Record Breaker
So did Ashley's GPF chances get a little bit better with Wakaba and Satoko's mistakes?

It'd be kinda funny if Mirai skated well enough in the LP to help Ashley in getting that GPF spot.

Looks like Anna and Maria are definitely going.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The judging seems all over the place for the ladies. Like with Ashley at COC, Satoko has gotten some suspiciously high PCS for a uncharacteristically sloppy program.
I'd have the the standings like this:
1. Anna (so gorgeous and strong though not 100% perfect)
2. Maria (less power, but squeaky clean on levels and jumps)
3. Mirai
4. Wakaba
5. Satoko
Justice for Mirai.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I really like Sotskova's dress. It's so different. She's a cute girl, but I wish she would lose that 'deer in the headlights' look. She's got the potential to be great, she should ooze more confidence.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The judging seems all over the place for the ladies. Like with Ashley at COC, Satoko has gotten some suspiciously high PCS for a uncharacteristically sloppy program.
I'd have the the standings like this:
1. Anna (so gorgeous and strong though not 100% perfect)
2. Maria (less power, but squeaky clean on levels and jumps)
3. Mirai
4. Wakaba
5. Satoko
Justice for Mirai.

I can't say i'm happy with it, but to be honest it was expected.

Japan isn't doing well with the ladies, and we saw US and Canada this season use the home advantage for their skaters. Also Mirai is already out of the competition for the finals.

lyndichee

Medalist
The Australian judge was all over the place today. They were dishing PCS out like crazy, so many people got crazy high scores from them.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Japan isn't doing well with the ladies, a

Yes but Wakaba exists too. What I mean is the second she steps out of Japan Satoko is going to start getting zinged again. And then what? They should put more trust in Wakaba because with Satoko, it isn't looking too good in the future.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I can't say i'm happy with it, but to be honest it was expected.

Japan isn't doing well with the ladies, and we saw US and Canada this season use the home advantage for their skaters. Also Mirai is already out of the competition for the finals.

It's not good for the sport or for the skaters when they are scored like this. It's not the skaters fault of course, that they are scored high for very flawed programs, but it makes viewers resentful, even if subconsciously toward the skater. I don't want that for Satoko as she is one of my favorite skaters and usually she deserves high PCS. Just not this time.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
It's not good for the sport or for the skaters when they are scored like this. It's not the skaters fault of course, that they are scored high for very flawed programs, but it makes viewers resentful, even if subconsciously toward the skater. I don't want that for Satoko as she is one of my favorite skaters and usually she deserves high PCS. Just not this time.

Yes but Wakaba exists too. What I mean is the second she steps out of Japan Satoko is going to start getting zinged again. And then what? They should put more trust in Wakaba because with Satoko, it isn't looking too good in the future.

Totally agree with you, Wakaba has the potential to overtake Satoko as Japan number 1 (at least here at the NHK after the short), maybe the fed still don't trust Wakaba's inconstency.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Tolstoj; Japan isn't doing well with the ladies.[/QUOTE said:
Yes, senior ladies are a bit of a mess right now but the junior ladies that are coming from behind are one of the strongest generation Japan ever had in ladies (in terms of potential of course)