2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Are you kidding me? Kaetlyn got the PB in the FS (over 10 points above her previous PB) at SC with a fall and several mistakes.

Kolyada deserved these marks, i remember Javi and Juzuru getting the pb with more mistakes and falls.

Elena got 71 at Worlds with the same mistake here but on the Flip instead, so i think her score is coherent and with a clean performance she can get a new PB at the cup of china.

So far no home cooking for Russia here, compared to SA and SC.

That's at Worlds -- the end of the season when everyone's GOE/PCS are generally peaking. And yes, it was also a mistake at Worlds to give her personal best PCS with an error and I was against that too (and I'm a huge Radionova fan, too... but marks should be earned).

No home cooking?!? LMAO, have you seen Kolyada and B/S? Julia doing a lip (!) and still getting positive GOE? How's that Kool-Aid taste? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I'm relieved to see Elena Radionova's good short program. Her left foot slightly touched the ice upon landing a 2A but it was not as bad as how she was doing in the second half of the last season, when she was plagued with the landing issue. Hopefully, it's going to be a Russian sweep with Lipnitskaya on the podium, which would restore her confidence.

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
According to CCTV5 commentator, Zijun is going to be coached by Mishin. So the Chinese fed is actually doing everything they can to find her the best coach.

are you sure she's not only attending one of mishin's skating camps? This is the first time I heard about this and it would be quite some news :eek: Also my understanding is that russian coaches are not allowed to coach skaters of other nationalities full time? Especially before Olympcs?

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
That's at Worlds -- the end of the season when everyone's GOE/PCS are generally peaking. And yes, it was also a mistake at Worlds to give her personal best PCS with an error and I was against that too (and I'm a huge Radionova fan, too... but marks should be earned).

No home cooking?!? LMAO, have you seen Kolyada and B/S? How's that Kool-Aid taste? :sarcasm:

Well almost everyone is getting new PB this season with a clean skate, so i don't see the complain, especially when the PB is less than a point above.

If you are okay with Kaetlyn's huge PB in the FS at SC, you will be absolutely fine with Lena's score here.

I saw Kolyada's SP and yes there is a mistake on the landing of the triple axel, but the jump itself is perfectly round and the height is impressive, but despite that he received -2 almost from all the judges. The rest of the program speaks for himself: best jumps of this afternoon, amazing fast spins and he is still behind Javi btw so even here, the scores are fair to me.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
are you sure she's not only attending one of mishin's skating camps? This is the first time I heard about this and it would be quite some news :eek: Also my understanding is that russian coaches are not allowed to coach skaters of other nationalities full time? Especially before Olympcs?

We can see Mishin coaching her during open practice and also tonight it was him who sent her out for her SP on ice. Actually, Ziquan Zhao is already training in Russia lately.

Eclair

Medalist
We can see Mishin coaching her during open practice and also tonight it was him who sent her out for her SP on ice. Actually, Ziquan Zhao is already training in Russia lately.
why didn't he sit with her on he kiss and cry? :scratch2: Thank you for the news, but I'm still not 100% convinced that he'll be her full time coach as long as he doesn't make a statement or sit with her in the kiss and cry.

skatefan22

Medalist
why didn't he sit with her on he kiss and cry? :scratch2: Thank you for the news, but I'm still not 100% convinced that he'll be her full time coach as long as he doesn't make a statement or sit with her in the kiss and cry.

Maybe he wants to wait till the official announcement. :think:

sneakers

Match Penalty
weaver/poje are with Morozov now and are training in a russian rink
maybe consultations for other russian coaches but I doubt Mishin would take Zijun.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just watched Yulia's program again. I know we can talk about the flip edge or whatever, but what is so beautiful about it is that you feel her soul in this. I do feel that she has really grown as a performer. She's come a long way from the Morozov choreographies in her junior days.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Onto the ladies now...

Kanako... I do like her lines. Good to see her happy. The music is *sigh* and there are times I thought she's detached to her music. In any case, better than SA.

Anna... Not perfect on the jumps but everything else was lovely. What I love most is that her spins are timed with her music. :)

Elena... slow spins but I think she skated to her music. Just a little bland for me though (like it's lacking fire and strangely some of her moves reminded me of Maxim :laugh:)

Julia... nice costume. That was chill (in a relaxing way) and lovely.

Zijun... nice black costume. I'm not liking that stsq but it was lovely to watch her skate.

Elizabet... too bad for that fall but yay! this sp makes me smile. :hap10: Also, I thought the presentation score could've been a little higher but well, good skate still.

Let's see if the LP can change the tides. :)

Max2skating

Spectator
PCS score for Julia could be more higher, don't you guys think?
I really like pogo and lena too, but julia for me is the best russian skater, she skates so easy and fluid

Krunchii

Record Breaker

He said here he's awaiting the arrival of a Chinese champion and people already speculated it would be Zijun. Hopefully there will be official news to put our concerns to rest. Skating without a coach is very difficult.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Anyway, wasn't the whole ban on Russian coaches coaching foreigners just before the home games at Sochi? I assumed that was just to ensure full loyalty and devotion to getting Mother Russia as many medals as possible in Russia and it was relaxed now. ;)

matcha

Medalist
Her federation appointed her her old skating coach Li Mingzhu. But she greatly disliked her coaching style which involves strict diet (strict restriction on water intake) and lack of artistic vision. As Zijun describes it: Some coaches are more hostile than others. She never felt comfortable with her. So she left her on her own behalf and is now training alone.

omg what a queen. I hope she finds a coach she gets on with soon.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Anyway, wasn't the whole ban on Russian coaches coaching foreigners just before the home games at Sochi? I assumed that was just to ensure full loyalty and devotion to getting Mother Russia as many medals as possible in Russia and it was relaxed now. ;)

Yes. And clearly there's no problem with WeaPo training with Morozov in Moscow nor Carolina with Mishin.

randomfan

Record Breaker
My review will come a bit later, but I just want to say that the ladies SP here was much better than the ones in SA and SC (honestly I didn't expect this :biggrin:). Lots of good skates, lots of good programs, lots of smiles! I enjoyed all three Russians and Zijun. I want to watch Elizabet and Courtney so badly but their videos are not available...

Also, I can't believe that despite being a big fan of Zijun I didn't know about this story of her coaching situation...I wish all the best for her.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Without that rule Elizabet Tursynbaeva could have stayed with Eteri Tutberidze and maybe become successfull like Evgenia.