2016 Skate America Men's SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Men's SP

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Wow J5 just J6'd everyone, they're very conservative with their marks and stingy on the GOEs haha, it's the same judge who was supposed to be J6 yesterday for pairs and didn't show up

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
The judges would most likely have given Jason the lead if he got that spin.

Interesting. :coffee:

What surprised me more... is that Jason got the 4T ratified. As in, no UR call. IMO it should have been called... that said, Shoma for example didn't get any deduction for having absolutely zero steps before his 4F, so he 'got away with one' too.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:laugh: In what universe? :rofl2:

Anyone in the top 10 can be a threat to Yuzuru He's not exactly the king of consistency :laugh: In fact no one is safe, all the men in the field are capable of a complete meltdown, meltdowns not even PCS can save. :laugh:

mcq

Record Breaker
Both Jason and Nam got an invalidated spin

Wow, if he had it Jason would be ahead of Shoma. Not commenting on PCS but the GOE of the top 3 look alright to me. Not sure about Jason's 4T need to watch again if it should be < or not.

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
What surprised me more... is that Jason got the 4T ratified. As in, no UR call. IMO it should have been called... that said, Shoma for example didn't get any deduction for having absolutely zero steps before his 4F, so he 'got away with one' too.

:giveup: Why bother with steps when the judges just don't care?

The tech panel was stern with the ladies last night so they had to even it by being lenient this time around. :coffee:

begin

Medalist
Anyone in the top 10 can be a threat to Yuzuru He's not exactly the king of consistency :laugh: In fact no one is safe, all the men in the field are capable of a complete meltdown, meltdowns not even PCS can save. :laugh:

All of this.

I don't understand the hubris. There's a reigning two-time world champ and his name isn't Yuzuru Hanyu.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm a bit surprised that the spread between Jason and Nam is a large as it is. I'll have to wait and see the programs but, from the reports, it sounded like Nam skated very well.

Nam lost a spin too. Also, no disrespect to how hard Nam has obviously worked to get back to this point, but there's light years between him and Jason on the second mark.

Uh oh, Adam got a costume violation (oops), no point deduction though

No he didn't, one of the judges pressed the button, that's all. A majority of judges have to press the button for the actual violation to happen.

Not so sure about Kovtun...

Why not? Sure Brendan fell on the quad, but he was otherwise clean and the program was nice. Kovtun was a mess, two invalid elements, and he's only four points behind? What a joke! If Brendan had two invalid jumping passes his score would be down in the 50s.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Liked Shoma the best, but he made some unfortunate mistakes. It looked like there was something on the ice, maybe a little hole or something which his blade got caught up in. All in all the placements are okay-ish, nothing to get worked up about. I hope that Boyang will come back in the long though. Watching this made me realise I don't really like it when skaters have no quad. 6 years ago it might've been okay, but nowadays...you need them.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
:giveup: Why bother with steps when the judges just don't care?

The tech panel was stern with the ladies last night so they had to even it by being lenient this time around. :coffee:

Yeah I know, but it really annoys me...

Not as if the guys needed a harsh tech panel with all the invalid elements here. Strong, independent men need no tech panel to screw them up... :slink:

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
Oh, it's okay, you probably just didn't see anything because of the white costume. It does make things quite difficult :biggrin:

Excuse me, he's just so good, he becomes the ice.

Now that's mastery at its finest. :devil:

berry8

Final Flight
Why not? Sure Brendan fell on the quad, but he was otherwise clean and the program was nice. Kovtun was a mess, two invalid elements, and he's only four points behind? What a joke! If Brendan had two invalid jumping passes his score would be down in the 50s.

I meant I would have scored Brendan higher than Jin B. :cool: