2016 Skate America Pairs SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs SP

Lota

Record Breaker
On an unrelated note, I wanna know what her lipstick is - looks amazing on her!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Solid enough without the loops. I think this program can be a better vehicle than their last - though, I loved the uber drama.

andromache

Record Breaker
A/R bringing some refreshing drama after all the pop/jazzy programs.

I root for Tarasova/Morozov and I want to love them, but they are so boooring. At least I am expecting more from their LP, program-wise. Unfortunately, neither had the charisma for the SP yet, but hopefully it develops and they grow throughout the season.

Favorite performances of the night were from Marissa/Mervin and A/R. Too bad neither delivered technically.

charmblade

Final Flight
Maybe it's because it's getting late and i'm sick and have to work in the morning, but that didn't hold my attention. Luckily it's time for bed now. :bed:

TGee

Record Breaker
A/R The costumes were just wrong for me with the music...I'd expected something more modern and vibrant, not classical from the look they offered.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They are a very attractive couple. But it was sloppy.

The whole competition was a bit sloppy. I think the right team is in first. I'm not sure about the american pair in 2nd but I guess it's fair.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Yeah... I just don't LIKE it. I'm trying to be happy for Denny and Frazier, but I'm such a Julianne and Charlie uber that it's hard. ;)

They're two of my favorite pairs, so I'm very torn as to what to think of it. However, I'm more inclined to be happy about it because of D/F's injury.

It's official: 2nd after the short for D/F! :yahoo:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well there's still the long program...

Thank goodness. I do hope Denney and Frazier do very well. I just... :slink: hope Julianne and Charlie do *better*. :hides:

Edit: Yes, layback, even if they do take the silver it'll be hard to be sad about it for S/B's sake, since what a great way to come back post-injury. And wherever they place, they're certain to be happy about tonight's performance.

Second edit: I think the people I'm really bummed for though are Tarah and Danny. I'm guessing 8th is NOT where they wanted to be, and it's such a pity.:sad21:

Last edited:

artsciboy

On the Ice
Not only does Rogonov have an atrocious man bun, but he also has a weirdly disproportionate backside. Although I suppose some people may enjoy it?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
T/M have a great chance to take over as Russian #1 team with all the injuries and V/T taking the season off. A great season for them will make it hard to keep them off the Olympic team in 2018.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Well, I really need S/B to beat the Americans. Not that I dislike the Americans. I liked their program.
But uh, I cannot ALLOW a Canadian third place finish. :rofl2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Down with the man bun. Otherwise he's a good looking guy.

Why do all the russian ladies have the same beautiful for pairs body type. As much as I love our Canadian ladies I do often prefer the look of the Russian ladies especially in lifts and spirals.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
cloning...
Down with the man bun. Otherwise he's a good looking guy.

Why do all the russian ladies have the same beautiful for pairs body type. As much as I love our Canadian ladies I do often prefer the look of the Russian ladies especially in lifts and spirals.