2016 Skate America Short Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If H/D are looking to move up, their programs this year aren't going to do it. The reaction by the judges this year to each outing as been decidedly lukewarn. And the FD is barely distinguishable from any other portion of Montreal Mush.

Madison's beeyutch face at the score tells you plenty. She's not a happy camper.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
If H/D are looking to move up, their programs this year aren't going to do it. The reaction by the judges this year to each outing as been decidedly lukewarn. And the FD is barely distinguishable from any other portion of Montreal Mush.

Madison's beeyutch face at the score tells you plenty. She's not a happy camper.

Madison is not happy :sad21:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Do they have to have the blues song playing for a full half? I'm really asking, I don't know. Could they divide the program into 4ths- blues/80s/90s/modern?

I guess it is doable. but a ton of more work in terms of music editing and make it cohesive.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Out of all the American women doing hip hop, Hubbell's is surprisingly the least convincing by a long way. Zach is better than Evan though.

olayolay

On the Ice
Glad to see I/Z back on the right track.

Elena Ilinykh is such a goddamn star. No one else competing right now even comes close to her.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Clean and precise skate from the Shibs but I think that program is just weird.

Madison and Zach are so great in the blues but there is just too many music cuts in the last half. Some bobbles from Zach but he is sick and with a head cold I can't imagine doing twizzles (well to be honest I have an inner problem and twizzles would make me violently ill). I don't see them changing it much because they are stubborn.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Shibs just said they started researching music for the SD in December of last season. Wow.

whatif

Medalist
Never understood H/D hype. I hope H/B can take over them this year.

Shibs did well given the anti-Marina tech panel.

birdseye

Rinkside
Clean and precise skate from the Shibs but I think that program is just weird.

To me the program makes a lot of sense actually. IMO it's a great mashup and very reminiscent of Kanye West's Gold Digger, which sampled Ray Charles's "I got a Woman". I very glad they went the route of creating their own track instead of just doing a standard music cut.

salchowx4

On the Ice
I'll be the dissenter. Maybe if I cared about the hip hop genre it would bother me on some level, but I liked the crazy cuts in their program (and I normally hate crazy music cuts).

I certainly hope they aren't overtaken by H/B. That would be a damn shame.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I guess it is doable. but a ton of more work in terms of music editing and make it cohesive.

If they just want cohesive, they need to redo the hip hop section to one, maybe two songs. If they want to keep the theme of hip hop through the ages, they need to re-balance the whole thing

CAS

On the Ice
I am glad to see the judges no longer anonymous. You can see every single judge favouring their own BUT Canadian judges across all disciplines are so obviously anti-Russian. A little subtlety wouldn't hurt.

Is the Canadian judge #4? If so I don't see what you are seeing.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Really, really liked I/Z. Their program is a winner. They were a tad nervous but they'll only get better as the season progresses :)

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
US judge scored two ''0'' for Bobrova/Soloviev, one of them for side by side steps. (very good element, got +2) She also scores -1 (pattern) and 0 (side by side steps with unexpected entry) for Ilinykh/Zhiganshin. And there is PCS. Will she going to judge on free dance?:eeking:

bramweld

Record Breaker
US judge scored two ''0'' for Bobrova/Soloviev, one of them for side by side steps. (very good element, got +2) She also scores -1 (pattern) and 0 (side by side steps with unexpected entry) for Ilinykh/Zhiganshin. And there is PCS. Will she going to judge on free dance?:eeking:

Seriously? Like why bother with having a competition?