2016 Skate America Short Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Short Dance

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
disagree with charlie:biggrin: it is indeed hip hop history.

I think the program would work better if they spent roughly the same amount of time on each 'era' rather than spending half of it on Nina and them smooshing three decades into the remaining time.

andromache

Record Breaker
I think this is the weakest program they ever had. I wonder if another team might over take them at U.S. Nationals.

H/B look much stronger than last year. But H/D have a strong FD, IMO, so I don't know....it could be very close.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think the program would work better if they spent roughly the same amount of time on each 'era' rather than spending half of it on Nina and them smooshing three decades into the remaining time.

maybe certain requirement of tech element of ice dance?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Benoit's Elvis isn't nearly as good as Andrew Poje's.

You know, I really like this team (P/B), but this dance doesn't suit them at all.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I liked those two. I'm out as my Shepherd needs his night walk before pairs starts.

Plisskin

Medalist
H/B look much stronger than last year. But H/D have a strong FD, IMO, so I don't know....it could be very close.
They really need to make some SERIOUS changes to it and those 5+ music cuts, but I don't think they will. In their recent TSL interview they are, imo, a little bit delusional about their SD. They apparently love it but it's a hot mess...

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Wanted to say Charlie is a little like a grandfather about hip hop. Someone needs to skate to Dr. Dre. or NWA

andromache

Record Breaker
They really need to make some SERIOUS changes to it and those 5+ music cuts, but I don't think they will. In their recent TSL interview they are, imo, a little bit delusional about their SD. It's a hot mess

They can keep the first part, and commit to one other piece of music. They're so talented, and it's kind of being wasted on this extremely well-executed, well-skated, hot mess. They looked cleaner and crisper compared to B/S, IMO, but I get why B/S are leading.

C'mon Marie-France!