2016 Trophée de France Mens SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Mens SP

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nathan... I love you but please change that costume... or maybe just come back to your training gear

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Nathan... I love you but please change that costume... or maybe just come back to your training gear

Well everybody was complaining a lot lately about the men dressing like they just grabbed anything from their closets without second thought :slink:

Be careful what you wish for :rofl:

Meoima

Match Penalty
shoot hurry up the sky is starting to lighten and i really need to go back to sleep after this

Denis Ten KAZ
Romeo and Juliet
In purple. Purple everything. Purple pants purple vest purple shirt

holy moly music guy i'm not even sure he was fully in positio there
4T very forward should be -3 no steps
3Lz-3T
CCSp
omg have we got disco remix
what the flip isn't this swan lake?!
3A
i'm so beyond confused right now
StSq
more disco i what
CCoSp
FSSp

i don't even what was that
seemed a bit lacking in the choreography department tho
Denis has just won the award of most avant-garde music cut in men field lol

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mura's stsq is :love::love::love:

Charlie White is a talented choreographer!

Those marks are too low...:disapp:

Wonderful step sequence. The choreography for the SP was done by Massimo Scali. Charlie White did the FS. Hoping for a better result for Taka tomorrow.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Am I only one who like Dennis's sp? I have no problem with the music, and he is one of the most artistic skaters. And best of all, he skated clean.
I personally think Morozov is much more creative and exciting than Lori.

No, I liked it too! His musical combinations were unusual, but I think deliberately so, and he carried it off well. But then, he's so talented both technically and artistically, he could probably skate to anything.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
OK, only watched the top four, and the very brief version...

could Nathan Chen be developing *personality*? And I mean that as a compliment and not snarky? Yes, the unimaginably fast jumps spinning in the air are impressive, but this is the first time I have watched Nathan without yawning. Even from the SP two months ago. Not there yet, not there yet, but this program gives me some actual hope.

I think it's been simmering below the surface, lol! I saw glimmers of it in his exhibition performance to Aerosmith last season.

Lysambre

Final Flight
Then you must not repect Patrick Chan or Stephan Lambiel since they could do quads but struggled with the 3axel. Many skaters say the quad is easier then the 3axel.

I like to think I respect everyone. But I'm not impressed when people who orherwise skate beautifully and/or can land quads do not master the 3A.
I never said the quads were more difficult. I just love a well done 3A.

It''s almost like I wish those great skaters were also complete skaters *gasp*, the cheek of me!

(Also, Chan actually has great 3A when he gets them clean.)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ and really, Patrick for his first seasons on the circuit was doing NO QUADS... he had great 3A.... it's only starting in 2011 that he added the quad toes. He has had some issues with the 3A, which a lot of us, Patrick followers, think is more mental than technical since, as you have pointed out, he does land great 3A quite often as well...

I don't understand the need to make statements about Nathan's not having 3A... He has a 3A. In Finlandia he did include it in his SP. Kevin Reynolds also prefers doing quads than 3As.... that's why he does 4 quads in his LP and only 1 3A.

I think that the axel jump is special and because it's a mandatory type of jump in he SP, it has its importance. However, I am all for people playing the COP the way that makes them win. If a skater is at ease with quads and doesn't want to risk falling because he is out of steam in the SP, I am not against doubling that jump. If the ISU wanted it to be absolutely a 3A, they would make it mandatory (ie 2A would be invalid).

MIM

Medalist
Am I only one who like Dennis's sp? I have no problem with the music, and he is one of the most artistic skaters. And best of all, he skated clean.
I personally think Morozov is much more creative and exciting than Lori.
I love it, too. I totally love what Lori did for Denis as well.;)

I support his change in coach/choreographer - like one poster said different coaches at different phase of one's career.;)
Morozov did really good job with his students recently. I am impressed with his vision for Anna starting last season, Weaver/Poje, and Denis. They are all brilliant skaters but probably find them somewhat stagnated in their career. I love what he did for them ; revamping their strength, confidence and finding a right tool for them to succeed.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I like to think I respect everyone. But I'm not impressed when people who orherwise skate beautifully and/or can land quads do not master the 3A.

Which is fine. But not all other skaters have a growth-related medical diagnosis for a disease that leads to repetitive injury. Or suffered an injury two seasons ago that forced him to lay specifically off the axel because of the pain caused by the landings/takeoffs. Or are currently coming back from surgery. Posters claim Nathan should cut the quads because of concern for his health, but when he cuts the axel, they complain. I don't think the jump is gone. He did it every time he needed it in every SP on the junior circuit last season. He was doing it at Finlandia. But it's a less steady jump for him. And apparently the landings/take offs have been more painful. If laying off it, instead of the quad, is better for his hip long term, then for goodness sake . . . lay off the triple axel and do the double for a while.

This was his GP debut. If people can understand why Adam might choose to skate his SP without a quad for early consistency in the season, then I guess they can understand why Nathan--coming back from injury--might choose to do the same with the axel. The triple axel may still be an issue for Nathan later (it is for plenty of people), but there is no harm in listening to his body at this stage of his career and recovery. It may be back tomorrow, and he may fall on it; but I hardly think this kid needs any more motivation to do the jumps and tackle his weaknesses. He is clearly plenty driven to improve and compete with the best.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Curious question: Did Chen wear the same purple velvet pants in SP as Shoma's in the LP?

da96103

Record Breaker
Now looking at Nathan's SP. I think it is good to embrace the culture of the host country but subjecting the vest to a guillotine contraption is a bit too extreme.

da96103

Record Breaker
How did Fernandez get a positive + GOE for the 4S+3T combo? The landing of the 3T looks iffy.

euroskate

Final Flight
Rewatching men. Boy Nathan impressed me and not only because of jumps! Live that Fernández kept this amazing pice of Art short. Love Adam but with his content he is just not there any more. Where did joriks bright shirt go?? Liked this much more than Boring gray

HanDomi

Record Breaker
How did Fernandez get a positive + GOE for the 4S+3T combo? The landing of the 3T looks iffy.

it's not the first time when judges throw positive GOE on messed jump pass

but if anything this jump pass should have received -1, not +1 !!

also, Nathan 4F should have received -2 for NO STEPS

judges not knowing rules at their best

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I forgot about that step out. That's the best he's done for that short program, and unfortunately.

Ok, I just thought you mean clean with this step out, because I see recently trend on calling messed jumps as clean :agree:

also positive thing I saw in protocols, judges gave Denis mid 8' for most marks , but 7,9 for transitions. That was good call, because there was literally NOTHING outside of steps sequence. The begining of program can be defined in one word - EMPTY. Just basic setup right away for 4T and combo.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
it's not the first time when judges throw positive GOE on messed jump pass

but if anything this jump pass should have received -1, not +1 !!

also, Nathan 4F should have received -2 for NO STEPS

judges not knowing rules at their best

Shoma's solo 4F in SP also does not have steps, though he gets -GOE for not so clean landings. I think if he does a clean 4F with no steps, it would get +GOE.

Has anyone actually gotten -GOE for a clean executed solo jump without steps in SP?