2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The best part of this event is the Kiss & Cry. looks really cozy!

Lysambre

Final Flight
I don't usually watch much pairs, so forgive the question, by why are they called side by side spins instead of twizzles? (are they the same thing with different name, or different things?)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't usually watch much pairs, so forgive the question, by why are they called side by side spins instead of twizzles? (are they the same thing with different name, or different things?)

A spin is supposed to stay (relatively) stationary in one spot on the ice. Twizzles are a type of turn that are supposed to move up the ice. :)

In both pairs and ice dance the objective is for the two skaters to stay in perfect unison.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't get spanish Fallin' at all. I really don't like this cut of the music. Poor Mervin. When was the last time he landed SBS in competition?

atsumiri

Record Breaker
spins and twizzles are totally different things.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Twizzles travel across the ice, while SBS spins don't.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really want to like these two, but it's been a few years now and I think it's safe to say this partnership just doesn't do anything for me... it's not just the mistakes they seem unable to escape, either, stylistically they just don't jibe with what I like somehow, even though I feel like they should.

Too bad about such a rough skate though, I do continue to root for them to get it together internationally.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Shame about Salchows :drama: Original program though, especially that intro to death spiral was unique and pretty difficult :biggrin:

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't get spanish Fallin' at all. I really don't like this cut of the music. Poor Mervin. When was the last time he landed SBS in competition?

He was the weaker link in this particular performance. Even the way he threw her was off, and could have caused her to fall.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really want to like these two, but it's been a few years now and I think it's safe to say this partnership just doesn't do anything for me... it's not just the mistakes they seem unable to escape, either, stylistically they just don't jibe with what I like somehow, even though I feel like they should.

Too bad about such a rough skate though, I do continue to root for them to get it together internationally.

Yeah, same. It's been two years but for whatever reason it's simply not working.

Last edited: