2016 Worlds TV and Livestream | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds TV and Livestream

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just saw this on today's schedule for Eurosport:

11:34 am
Figure skating: Worlds in Boston - Pairs free skate (1 min)
next program at 11:36 am

:noshake: These guys really should get their act together sometime...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw this on today's schedule for Eurosport:

11:34 am
Figure skating: Worlds in Boston - Pairs free skate (1 min)
next program at 11:36 am

:noshake: These guys really should get their act together sometime...

That is actually an example of the webmaster in the process of adjusting the Eurosport schedule page on the fly due to programmes over-running. (Yes, it was snooker!)

You just happened to visit the page a time in between the length of the snooker broadcast being extended, and the Pairs FS broadcast being removed from the schedule.

The Men's FS will air on BESP at 21h after the live broadcast of Pairs (but it'll only be 55 minutes long, versus the planned 90 for this morning) :drama:

As I was away at a motorbike race yesterday, I set the tape for the highlights of the Men's FS after the first Semi Final of the snooker. And I never thought of checking it when I got home. So, I didn't realise that it wasn't shown, and that I should be watching the shorter broadcast after the LIVE Pairs FS coverage. :bang:

It was only when I went to watch it this morning that I discovered that I didn't have it. So, I went onto the British Eurosport Player, and found that there was no Men's FS on there either. :disapp:

HOWEVER, I then went onto the German Eurosport Player (using a VPN), and discovered that they have the full 1h 32m 47s highlights of the Men's FS that they showed before the LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So, although we have been getting angry at the Eurosport Player for not having the World Feed for every figure skating event they cover, it has turned out useful in this case! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I always forget to mention this:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

All competition events, opening ceremony etc. unblocked. At least as far as I can tell, I'm in Europe and I can play all archived streams fine.

From a sample of one in the U.S.:
The ISU Eurovision channel remains blocked for me.​

But pls don't get me wrong: I'm happy for anyone for whom it is unblocked.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I always forget to mention this:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

All competition events, opening ceremony etc. unblocked. At least as far as I can tell, I'm in Europe and I can play all archived streams fine.

I just tried, and although the LIVE Gala coverage is blocked, any of the competition videos I tried played fine.

So, thank you for letting us know. Now I won't have to watch the BBC coverage and listen to that awful woman for the early skaters in the Men's FS and Ladies FS (I still haven't watched then yet :eek: )

By the way, when I was trimming off the extra at the start of the Men's FS, I wound forward and saw a graphic telling us the names of the commentators.

That woman that was totally clueless is called Katherine Downes. And a quick search revealed that she is actually a sports presented on BBC News.

I really hope they don't put her on the skating commentary again!

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm in Europe and I can see the archive content but not the gala live, nor any other part of the competition while was happening.... very weird!
Yes, it's only archived content, but that's what I've been using for the past couple of months as background entertainment. Loads of competitions in the archives, freely available to watch. Good stuff.

psycho60

Spectator
Ryan Bradley?

I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, since it was awesome to have about 20 hours of coverage on NBCCSports but I do have two complaints: This is the third time Grant Hochstein's beautiful short program has just missed being televised (nationals, Four Continents, worlds). And Ryan Bradley's singsongy delivery is just godawful. I don't know how Tracy Wilson could stand listening to him.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
HOWEVER, I then went onto the German Eurosport Player (using a VPN), and discovered that they have the full 1h 32m 47s highlights of the Men's FS
Does that work with other countries, too, like for instance the Dutch Eurosport? I completely missed the men's FS recap. I don't have a subscription, but I'd really like to know what the Dutch commentators said about Hanyu's skate. Not sure if it's worth getting a subscription for, though, just for that. I guess it isn't... :-(

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does that work with other countries, too, like for instance the Dutch Eurosport? I completely missed the men's FS recap. I don't have a subscription, but I'd really like to know what the Dutch commentators said about Hanyu's skate. Not sure if it's worth getting a subscription for, though, just for that. I guess it isn't... :-(

Yes. As long as you have the subscription, you can watch any version of Eurosport Player with a VPN.

I have the Dutch Eurosport Player open at the minute so that I can watch the MotoGP World Feed stream when BT Sport are on adverts (or when they are showing Craig Doyle and Colin Edwards gossiping :rolleye: ).

EDIT: But, I should have added - the on-demand section only has programmes that were broadcast on your country's Eurosport channels. If something was shown in its entirity on another version of Eurosport, but it was truncated in your country because of something else over-running, it will be the shorter version that will be in the on-demand section.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
Yes, it's only archived content, but that's what I've been using for the past couple of months as background entertainment. Loads of competitions in the archives, freely available to watch. Good stuff.

So it is going to stay this way!?!?! I thought it was just a temporary mistake!!!!!!!! I always had issues with the ISU stream so I never use it...unless for JWC live streaming (which every 3 skaters had to be refreshed because it kept saying I was in a geoblocked country while I was NOT for that event).... I guess I could start to make peace with eurovision after all this time that we were in such bad terms then

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, since it was awesome to have about 20 hours of coverage on NBCCSports but I do have two complaints: This is the third time Grant Hochstein's beautiful short program has just missed being televised (nationals, Four Continents, worlds). And Ryan Bradley's singsongy delivery is just godawful. I don't know how Tracy Wilson could stand listening to him.

I agree, I don't think that Ryan Bradley is cut out for television.

However, I hope NBC keeps Ben Agosto. He was great during the ice dancing, and having him with Tracy Wilson actually made it so Tracy Wilson didn't get on my nerves as much as she usually does.

auser

Record Breaker
From a sample of one in the U.S.:
The ISU Eurovision channel remains blocked for me.

But pls don't get me wrong: I'm happy for anyone for whom it is unblocked.

Consider this sample two ;).
ISU Eurovision channel worked for live Worlds coverage using vpn with server from India or New Zealand. If you missed the live coverage, it took some time before the archived coverage was available for viewing. Great that the archived Eurovision channel is viewable in Europe:hap10: . While testing the channel with vpn settings for both USA and Canada, I was denied access. Testing the archived Eurovision channel using vpn server from UK worked fine. Guess Speedy does not wish to support North American viewers :confused2:.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just visited the Eurovision TV site, and this came up:

2016 World Synchronized Skating Championships - Budapest

Live coverage from Budapest, Hungary, from 8th April. Geoblocked in Canada and the United States.

I looked in the Synchro forum, but couldn't find a topic on the Worlds championships?! :noshake: Maybe I didn't look well enough, but anyway, it's a livestream and it's worlds, so for now I'm putting a headsup here. ;-)