2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

olayolay

On the Ice
Lauriault/LeGac posted their SD on IG:

"How deep is your love" & "September"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUMbX_FV7w/

Originally posted on FSU, where the poster noted they did not indicate if they were using the originals or a cover. If they are indeed using Earth Wind & Fire's September, I will die a happy death:hap93: EW&F! Skating! Life is good :agree:

(don't mind the Bee Gees either, but I don't know of any other programs to EW&F. whom, in case you didn't figure it out, I adore:biggrin: ETA: Although kids, the peace sign? September? Not really the same era. That's OK, just bring it!)

Isn't the SD supposed to be Latin next season?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes but you can adapt a range of songs. Earth wind fire "September" is a cha cha cha rhythm.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Isn't the SD supposed to be Latin next season?

yes and for me Marie-Jade and Romain's music/thematic choices are a reason alone to applaud, because this SD will stand out no matter what in a sea of 'typical Latin' dances. Who have thought Disco SD Piper and Paul did last season would suit Blues rhythm so well - it was original, quirky, 'out there' and a full commitment from costume to Disco moves. These kind of dances are my 'gems'. Looking forward to vintage Latin with 'September' as Cha cha cha:cheer:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes but you can adapt a range of songs. Earth wind fire "September" is a cha cha cha rhythm.

last week an idea came to my mind that Eurythmics/Annie Lennox medley of 'Why' and 'Sweet dreams (are made of this)' would be a risky, but bold and interesting SD choice I think.

And I still live on the idea some team would use 'Danza kuduro' (preferably Piper and Paul):laugh:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Lauriault/LeGac posted their SD on IG:

"How deep is your love" & "September"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUMbX_FV7w/

Originally posted on FSU, where the poster noted they did not indicate if they were using the originals or a cover. If they are indeed using Earth Wind & Fire's September, I will die a happy death:hap93: EW&F! Skating! Life is good :agree:

(don't mind the Bee Gees either, but I don't know of any other programs to EW&F. whom, in case you didn't figure it out, I adore:biggrin: ETA: Although kids, the peace sign? September? Not really the same era. That's OK, just bring it!)

Sorry this is an OT, but you might enjoy this @elhenry :dance:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry this is an OT, but you might enjoy this @elhenry :dance:

Oh.My.Heavens. Of course, Ivan Righini would do this proud; thanks!:clap:

(Although "Boogie Wonderland" is quite atypical for EWF, it is one they're known for, so I'll take it!:biggrin: and I do need to say that as much as I appreciate the Gypsy King's style and verve, he needs to take some "worm" lessons from Jason. Pronto.)

:laugh::hijacked:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Liza's LP a tango

:sarcasm::sarcasm:
will it be a culminating mix of Adios Nonino, Malaguena, Gopher Mambo, Carmina Burana and Piano Concerto No. 23?

edited: added Carmina Burana b/c we need the Halloween voiceovers

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:sarcasm::sarcasm:
will it be a culminating mix of Adios Nonino, Malaguena, Gopher Mambo, Carmina Burana and Piano Concerto No. 23?

edited: added Carmina Burana b/c we need the Halloween voiceovers

You're so funny :laugh2:

Well apparently it's tango/Spanish inspired movements that's in her style. Whatever that means :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Duhamel/Radford SP: "With or Without You" (U2 cover) by April Meservy. Choreography by John Kerr.