2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 90 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

sarama

Medalist
I'm not really on board with V/M's FD yet. I like the tango part, but that's it for now. The beginning is odd, the beginning of the tango doesn't look like a tango at all, the entire second half is too cheesy and I really hope they reconsider the ending. It's anticlimactic and way too sappy. I'm sure it will grow and evolve over time, but for now I can't see the "masterpiece" that was hyped.
WeaPo's SD wasn't that great, but I think it will be a good program for them
From what I've seen, I really like G/P's FD, it's very "them", without looking stale, so it gets my approval (for as little as that may count)

pearly

Record Breaker
I'm not really on board with V/M's FD yet. I like the tango part, but that's it for now. The beginning is odd, the beginning of the tango doesn't look like a tango at all, the entire second half is too cheesy and I really hope they reconsider the ending. It's anticlimactic and way too sappy. I'm sure it will grow and evolve over time, but for now I can't see the "masterpiece" that was hyped.

I agree with this. However I think tomorrow this will already look much better. At least I hope :)

But I don't like the tango part at all. I am aware that 99% of tango that gets done on ice is like this (ballroom tango) and I am patiently waiting to see a proper Argentine tango done well on ice. Once we see it it will be fabulous and redefine tango in skating.

maddiesparks

Rinkside
I really like VM's FD. Keep in mind that this was a practice, so half the program wasn't actually skated. Also the ending to me wasn't sappy... she's literally dying in his arms, lol. More like tragic.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The costumes, right? her latin program in 2012 was really good but she was wearing an horrible dress, and now this?!!! :disapp:
The program does not say much but I guess they were in practice mood.

This is the sort of program that Tessa and Scott could pull off if they were in the mood. But I've checked myself a bit. Let us see the final product first. Right now I'd rather pretend I didn't see it yet.

pearly

Record Breaker
I just watched V/M's FD practice again. One thing I love about the Roxanne part is how their footwork is perfectly choreographed to the music. See this part right here: https://youtu.be/uFinvtYxiMs?t=88
They each follow a different beat or melody (lyrics, music, etc) and it works perfectly.

Ender

Match Penalty
The costumes, right? her latin program in 2012 was really good but she was wearing an horrible dress, and now this?!!! :disapp:
The program does not say much but I guess they were in practice mood.
What is Weaver wearing? How can anyone dance in... that?

bramweld

Record Breaker
What is Weaver wearing? How can anyone dance in... that?

It's like they are completely clueless to the fact that they're skating to very sophisticated, highbrow, Cubano Latino music. How do they not realize that the program would be perceived much differently if they fixed their costumes. Zhulin, took a similar approach for Sinkats, but I much prefer W/P's music. Zhulin however forgot to give Victoria a costume, and SinKats don't have the smoothness and maturity yet of W/P to really pull it off. I don't quite get Morozov's vision for this team.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
As much as I hate that Yuzu is repeating his Chopin short program...

God, I forgot how brilliant a program it was. :laugh2:

daphna

On the Ice
Ashley wagner is back to Moulin Rouge??? I thought she was creating a La La Land program she was in love with! Can anyone update?
I love her MR, it's her signature piece, really. but recycling it for a 3rd season - I'm not sure..

ETA: just found the official announcement. I'm OK with her choices for the olympic season - she went back to the programms that brought her biggest success. I just hope she gets a killer costume and adds new choreographic touches, Go Ashley!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Senior Ladies Programs from Nepela Trophy

No.NameNation
1Kailani CRAINE
SP: Dream a Little Dream of Me performed by Ella Fitzgerald; choreo by Alex Chang
FS: Moulin Rouge (soundtrack); choreo by Alex Chang
AUS
2Lara ROTH
SP: Life by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Frank Dehne, Adam Solya
FS: Mozart Medley; Rock Me Amadeus by Falco; choreo by Frank Dehne, Adam Solya
AUT
3Larkyn AUSTMAN
SP: Mein Herr (Liza Minnelli) with choreography by Mark Pillay
LP: Great Gatsby medley
CAN
4Eliska BREZINOVA
SP: Adagio performed by Lara Fabian; choreo by Danielle Montalbano (SP)
FS: Notre Dame de Pairs by Richard Cocciante, (information of 2016/17 season); choreo by Salome Brunner (FS)
CZE
5Aneta JANICZKOVA
SP: Flashlight by Jessie J
FS: Tango Jalousie
CZE
6Danielle HARRISON
SP: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen; choreo by Debi Briggs, Andrew Smith
FS: A Time For Us (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Nino Rota, Cheek of the Night (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Abel Korzeniowski, Dance of the Knights (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Sergei Prokofiev; choreo by Debi Briggs, Andrew Smith
GBR
7Katie POWELL
SP: Nowadays by John Kander, Hot Honey Rag by John Kander; choreo by Andrew Smith
FS: Daneils Joik by Jon Henrick Fjallgren; choreo by Andrew Smith
GBR
8Karly ROBERTSON
SP: With You (from "Ghost" musical soundtrack); choreo by Andrew Smith
FS: Stone Cold by Semi Levato; choreo by Andrew Smith
GBR
9Rika HONGO
SP: O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Frida (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldenthal; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
10Diana NIKITINA
SP: Soldier Of Love by Sade; choreo by Stephane Lambiel
FS: La Condanna, The Lady Caliph, and Trooping With Crows; choreo by Stephane Lambiel
LAT
11Dabin CHOI
SP: Papa Can You Hear Me, choreo. by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Gypsy Melodies by Dvorak; choreo. by David Wilson
KOR
12Seoyoung YOON
SP: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla
FS: Tango, including Assassin's Tango from Mr.& Mrs. Smith
KOR
13Alena LEONOVA
SP: Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha by Petty Booka; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
FS: Tune Maari Entriyaan; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
RUS
14Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
SP: Nocturne n.20 in C-Sharp Minor op.Posth (Joshua Bell version); choreo by choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, I. Averbukh, A. Zhelezniakov
FS: January Stars by George Winston; Departure and Dona Nobis Pacem 2 from The Leftovers ; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, I. Averbukh, A. Zhelezniakov
RUS
15Elena RADIONOVA
SP: It Ain't Necessarily So from Porgy and Bess by George Gershwin; choreo. by Shae-Lynn Bourne (last season's program)
FS: "Historia de un Amor", choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
RUS
16Ceciliane Mei Ling HARTMANN
SP: Sixteen Tons performed by Merle Travis; choreo by Oleg Epstein, Nicolas Osseland
FS: Snowstorm by Georgi Sviridov; choreo by Oleg Epstein, Nicolas Osseland
SGP
WDEma GABANIOVASVK
18Silvia HUGEC
SP: Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara; choreo by Molly Oberstar
FS: The Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Molly Oberstar
SVK
19Nina LETENAYOVA
SP: La Traviata: Amani Alfredo and Libiam Nei Leiti Calici
FS: Merry Go Round from Howl's Moving Castle by Joe Hisaishi
SVK
20Nicole RAJICOVA
SP: Une page d'amour by Nathalia Mansner; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FS: Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi, Clouds, The Mind on the (Re)Wind by Ezio Bosso, Experience by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
SVK
21Birce ATABEY
SP: Exogenesis Symphony Part II by Muse; choreo by Rana Belkis Gocmen
FS: Mercy On Me by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Rana Belkis Gocmen
TUR
22Sila SAYGI
SP: Night Train by Alvino Rey; choreo by Kutay Eryoldas
FS: Frida (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldendthal; choreo by Kutay Eryoldas
TUR
23Anastasia GOZHVA
SP: Please performed by Elijah Bossenbroek; choreo by Maria Tumanovskaia-Chaika
FS: Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Maria Tumanovskaia-Chaika
UKR
24Caroline ZHANG
SP: East of Eden by Lee Holdridge; choreo by Peter Oppegard, Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Caroline Zhang
FS: "The Mission" by Yo-Yo Ma; choreo by Peter Oppegard, Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Caroline Zhang
USA

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ice dance programs at Nepela Trophy

No.NameNation
1Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN
SD: Rhumba: Safari by J. Balvin, Samba: Watch Out For This by Daddy Yankee; choreo by Massimo Scali
FD: Exogenesis Symphony Part III Redemption by Muse; choreo by Massimo Scali
AUS
2Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV
SD: Bachata: Te Estrano by Xtreme, Salsa: Crystal Fusion by Deseo; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, S. Petukhov, O. Fomenko
FD: And the Waltz Goes On by Anthony Hopkins, performed by Andre Rieu; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, S. Petukhov, O. Fomenko
BLR
3Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA
SD: Samba: Beat On My Drum by Gabry Ponte, Rhumba: Loin by Maitre Gims, Samba: Adios by Zimpala; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD: Kay by Carmine Coppola, A New Carpet by Carmine Coppola, The Immigrant (Main Title) by Nino Rota, Godfather Waltz (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota, Finale (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota; choreo by Igor Shpilband
CZE
4Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON
SD: Abrazame by Tamara
FD: Mariage D'Amour by George Davidson and Je Suis Malade by Lara Fabian
FRA
5Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN
SD: Samba: Moliendo Café by Paloma Berganza; Rhumba: Moliendo Café by Paloma Berganza; Salomé by Chayenne; choreo by Corrado Giordani
FD: Io ci saro by Andrea Boccelli ; choreo by Corrado Giordani
GER
WDRobynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
SD: Samba: Latin, El Beso del Final by Christina Aguilera, Rhumba: Loca by Shakira; choreo by Philip Askew, Igor Shpilband
FD: Ghost (The Musical); choreo by Philip Askew, Igor Shpilband
GBR
7Aurelija IPOLITO / Malcolm JONES
SD: Cha Cha: Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White by Pérez Prado, Mambo: Mambo No. 8 by Pérez Prado
FD:
Battle Without Honor or Humanity, Falling Again by Maverick Saber, Tainted Love by Imelda May
LAT
8Olga JAKUSHINA / Andrey NEVSKIY
SD: Cha Cha: Faded, Rhumba: Latino Rhumba by Feminem feat. Alex
Samba; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
FD: Summertime by Al Jarrean, Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody by Louis Prima; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
LAT
9Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
SD: Destination Calabrio [Laidtrack Remix] by Alex Gaudino
FD: Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin [Sunset Sound Mix]
LTU
10Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN
SD: Despacito Luis Fonsi, My All by Mariah Carey, Mujer Latina by Thalia; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
FD: Arirang performed by So Hyang; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
KOR
11Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
SD: Latin Lover by João Bosco, Samba
FD: Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla and Beethoven's Five Secrets by One Republic
RUS
12Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
SD: Cha Cha, Rhumba: Formidable by Stromae, Samba: Batucada Brasileira; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
FD: Carmen by Bizet; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
RUS
13Yuliia ZHATA / Yan LUKOUSKI
SD: Cha Cha: Soha Mil Pasos (Kizomba Remix), Rhumba: Mañana de Carnaval by Luis Miguel, Samba: Babarabitiri by Todd Terry; choreo by Elena Novak, Mariya Tumanovskaya-Chaika
FD: Together (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack) performed by The XX; Drama (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack) performed by Killer Track; choreo by Elena Novak, Mariya Tumanovskaya-Chaika
UKR
14Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
SD: "Mambo Molly" by Mambo Mollyy, "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime" by Zuchero; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
FD: La Partita" by Victor Jara & "Sikuridadas" and "Quiaquenpita" by Inti-Illimani (based on South American music & the contemporary Ghost Dances ballet); choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
USA

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nepela Pairs

No.NameNation
1Natasha PURICH / Davin PORTZ
SP: "Angel" by Sarah MacLachlan
FS: Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen
CAN
2Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
SP: Mozart, Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff; choreo by Sergei Britkov
LP: La La Land; choreo by Sergei Britkov
RUS
3Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN
SP: Joue Jusqu'au Matin by Yoska Nemet; choreo by Julia Goriunova
FS: La Strada soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Julia Goriunova
RUS
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Summer of '42;" choreo by Igor Chinyaev
FS: "Too Close", "I Love You Much Too Much", and "Sleeping Beauty;" choreo by Giuseppe Arena
RUS
5Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
SP: You Raise Me Up, performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Ilona Melnichenko
FS: Gone with the Wind soundtrack; choreo by Phillip Mills
USA
6Erika SMITH / AJ REISS
SP: "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John (2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, including Evermore, performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Julie Marcotte
USA

Last edited:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
So after a long program today with three falls, Radford seemed to suggest he and Meagan are contemplating getting a new long program. Interesting.

sarama

Medalist
So after a long program today with three falls, Radford seemed to suggest he and Meagan are contemplating getting a new long program. Interesting.

Because clearly NOW it's the time to get a new program....

The Olympic season really messes up with the skaters' heads, it's like when your panicking and just make random decisions because your brain just shuts down

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Because clearly NOW it's the time to get a new program....

It was always time for them to get a new program. From the moment returning to "Muse" crossed into someone's brain.

Really, the short is a nice vehicle. Lets get more new programs! (I want to put up a cheering icon but all the icons are down for some reason).

sarama

Medalist
It was always time for them to get a new program. From the moment returning to "Muse" crossed into someone's brain.

That's what I meant;)... Did they really need to bomb a competition and then rush to make a new program? It would have been much easier and logical to make a new program and in case it didn't work, go back to an older one.