2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The Canadian announcers are so nice, "Things never go exactly as planned. There are always...surprises" lol

nimi

Medalist
Carmen needs to put on the shelf for awhile. Let us miss it and want it back again.
Is this the first season where there are 2 teams with Carmen in pairs (Stolbova/Klimov being the other one)?

Relatively few Carmens (compared to other disciplines) in pairs until now... *sigh*

whatif

Medalist
Brothers. Three are here, but there are four. Matthew is the oldest, then Andrew (who is also competing in ice dance this season), Jordan (who used to compete pairs also), and Ryan (who competes both singles and pairs).
:

Thanx. I can only imagine the family dinner conversations.

whatif

Medalist
Is this the first season where there are 2 teams with Carmen in pairs (Stolbova/Klimov being the other one)?

Relatively few Carmens (compared to other disciplines) in pairs until now... *sigh*

I believe S/K's Carmen is a different avant-garde take. But we may not even see that programme at all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A couple of rough moments but good job overall!

Yes, they have moments which are quite enjoyable (the first sbs jump for instance), but they really frayed at points. They really need to work on the exits of their elements: they often tend to almost stop and then go on with the program. It's very noticeable.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I so want Marissa and Mervin to hit their elements so they can get some momentum and confidence. I liked the tension in the music and they actually created some moments. They could build on this.

nimi

Medalist
please don't splat Mervissa!!!!!
Oh well... only one sbs splat and one throw splat...

They're sooo gooood and this program is beautiful and has so many wow moments, I just wish they could find consistency in the jump elements...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOL that's why I love De gustibus non est disputandum... because I loathe that song. Different strokes...

Mervissa. Sigh. They never do get it together with the jumps and they have so many good qualities. I did love the entrance into the death spiral.