2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Mens SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Mens SP

enzofv

On the Ice
This is so revolting!! The Men's and Ladies' SP are blocked on YT. Are they like this everywhere or just in my country?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
This is so revolting!! The Men's and Ladies' SP are blocked on YT. Are they like this everywhere or just in my country?

The only one that isn't blocked is the Pairs' SP, now all I have of Deniss' program is his practice videos :sad4:
Shoma and Jason fans were smart and reuploaded it on YT before the archive was blocked, and the top skaters for the Ladies too, but everyone else's is gone!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The only one that isn't blocked is the Pairs' SP, now all I have of Deniss' program is his practice videos :sad4:
Shoma and Jason fans were smart and reuploaded it on YT before the archive was blocked, and the top skaters for the Ladies too, but everyone else's is gone!

Deniss's SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
First, information correction:

Jason's music is NOT "Alexander Hamilton"! It's called "The Room Where It Happens" which is the big showstopper of the second act. And yes, I think there are better songs he could have chosen ("Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" or "Wait for It" spring to mind immediately) but Leslie Odom Jr's vocal chords do kick some serious butt in this one.

And Jason kicks butt performing it. Which is great.

And Brendan kicks all of the butt while being awesome.

Things that aren't great: the tumult of my feelings seeing Jason above Brendan on the leaderboard when I weigh what each of them did. Sigh.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Jason, and I really love Hamilton. However, I'm not liking this program. Jason gives it his all, but I don't think his expression and choreography actually matches the tone and lyrical content of the song. It's also a very odd song choice to pick because it's basically multiple characters singing at once in the middle of Act II. Since this is a short program, you would think they'd choose a song that didn't take place more than half-way through the story revolving dialogue and monologues from characters whose motivations we are already familiar with and know.

Different strokes for different folks, I know. I've just watched Jason's SP, and I don't care if I ever see it again. I had watched an earlier performance of it, and it definitely has not grown on me.

His LP, on the other hand, is a masterpiece, whether he gets the jumps or not.

And I know this is sure to rile his most ardent fans, but there's no way he should have placed as high as he did. Other skaters simply outperformed him. There's no way around it.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I have a question, regarding Jason downgraded 4T. A downgraded quad turns it into a triple. Does that interfere with the 3 T from the combination? are you aloud to do 2 identical jumps, so 2 3Ts (one in combination). Apparently yes! But I knew it is a problem...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have a question, regarding Jason downgraded 4T. A downgraded quad turns it into a triple. Does that interfere with the 3 T from the combination? are you aloud to do 2 identical jumps, so 2 3Ts (one in combination). Apparently yes! But I knew it is a problem...

No the jump is just scored as a triple, but it's still identified as a 4T<< not a 3T. It's only a problem if he had executed the 3T and then did the 3F-3T.

Different strokes for different folks, I know. I've just watched Jason's SP, and I don't care if I ever see it again. I had watched an earlier performance of it, and it definitely has not grown on me.

His LP, on the other hand, is a masterpiece, whether he gets the jumps or not.

And I know this is sure to rile his most ardent fans, but there's no way he should have placed as high as he did. Other skaters simply outperformed him. There's no way around it.

I think the fall/<< on the 4T was enough to dock a few PCS points, but I'm not sure if that warrants a super low placement. The video quality/display was so terrible, it's kind of hard to see what the judges saw exactly. There are things that judges may have given him credit for that doesn't really come through on video.

Other skaters certainly outperformed him in jumps, sure. But outperformed him overall or everything else? I think you could make an argument for or against.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
And I can't understand how A.Petrov was placed 8th. He looked like he lost 1 level in two of his spins...still he did 4T<2T, a good 3A and good Lz....I haven't watched all the guys above him, but from the protocols a few of them didn't seem to be much better, at all.

andromache

Record Breaker
The first half of Jason's SP had me thinking that maybe "The Room Where it Happens" was a mistake, that there were better Hamilton choices, that maybe it just doesn't work for skating. The second half was a Rohene masterpiece. Maybe without a fall the first half will work better? Everything after the 3A was A++++++ brilliant. Killer. I AM GLAD HAMILTON WORKED.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
And I can't understand how A.Petrov was placed 8th. He looked like he lost 1 level in two of his spins...still he did 4T<2T, a good 3A and good Lz....I haven't watched all the guys above him, but from the protocols a few of them didn't seem to be much better, at all.

You can't honestly think the judges would respond well to that horrific program? And he still looks very juniorish even though it's his 3rd season in seniors.

gmyers

Record Breaker

All step sequences and spins should be level 4. He had only one level 4 spin out of 3! And no goe for anything he did because of lack of difficult transitions. The program is now in contention for worst of decade but the worst thing is all the tech problems. You can't do so many level 3 spins anymore! The isu has made it so so easy to get level 4!

formersk8ter

On the Ice

I feel the same way. Not a good program and overscored... in both TES and PCS.