2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Tursynbaeva has better speed and fluidity than Mihara. And of course, both have better skating skills than Zagitova. Tursynbaeva looked like she was flying in comparison to Zagitova. I think the PCS is legit for the two ladies.

Also take a look at what's done to achieve that. Just being fast isn't "great skating skills"

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Technically, about 99% people here keep demanding falls to be reflected in PCs, as it is disruptive for the performance.

A mistake ridden performance (when the skater is affected by the mistakes) will most likely get lower PE scores. It was not the case with Kaetlyn, it was 1 fall and she recovered quickly

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you Kitto and Moriel.:)
It's difficult to keep up with all these calculations. :scratch2::biggrin:

While Osmond is a great skater....a very fast skater to boot too, I just feel the Swan Lake was/is a bad choice for her. To add to that, making it a black swan. Nothing about her performance screams black swan to me.

This.
I really do like Osmond as a skater. From a tech. POV as well as artistic. But I just don't see her with this free program. I don't think it's a problem, to be clear. It is not a bad program but I would love smth modern for her in order to enhance her personality on ice and her powerful jumps.

moriel

Record Breaker
Polina needs about 210, Ashley about 235.

I just dont see polina being second with 210 there.
The lineup isnt strong, and its kinda doubtful there are ladies who could score over 210. Ashley maybe, but then she would be first.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's how I would have the results, based on tech and presentation, a la 6.0:
1st- Maria S.
2nd- Mai Mihara
3rd- Alina Z.
4th-Kaetlyn O.

rosy14

Final Flight
If Higuchi is kept out of the GPF, it is a shame, a pity, a big damage for this sport !
And, earlier or alter, someone will pay for that . Euskate doesn’t pardon tricks and political manoeuvers.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Yes, that Kazach is strange, but ISU does it very often.

He's not Kazakh, he's an ethnic Russian living in Kazakhstan. I've already mentioned this and had him on my radar for a while.

It is OK. Yuna Kim did not ever have such a difficult program and even with all her +3s 81.80 TES was out of reach for her.

This is the last time I am replying to a bait post like this, btw. The difference is Yuna Kim has never simply skated for the points like most skaters do these days. Every single program she skated was an artistic masterpiece and she became one with the music - every single movement was a fluid, precise, technically perfect expression of the music, aesthetic and meaningful.

The sport is dead.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
There are plenty of people who are upset that Osmond did not hold off Sotskova. One even said they had to cheer for Osmond even though they can't stand her and was dismayed she didn't get crazy PCS the one time they wanted her to.

The majority the posts on this topic state quite the opposite. The dismay is for Wakaba, not Osmond. I still can't find the single post you mentioned that said Osmond was underscored?

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist
While Osmond is a great skater....a very fast skater to boot too, I just feel the Swan Lake was/is a bad choice for her. To add to that, making it a black swan. Nothing about her performance screams black swan to me. Wish she'd decided towards being a white swan. Probably would have done the music a better justice by skating to a less dramatic part of swan lake. :eek:hwell:

Also, I just don't understand why the ladies (and Max) have decided to turn Swan Lake into POTO of the season. I mean, if one has to go for war horses, I am trying to figure out what and where it was in the works that almost everyone should go for Swan Lake. :palmf:

PS: Not one ladies doing Swan Lake decided to do what Katarina did with Carmen in terms of the look. Quite disappointed to say the least. :slink:

I really think Osmond should go to the Cappellini/Lanotte route. i think it will really highlight her speed and charm.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German Eurosport kept saying that the probability of Russia being banned from the Olympics is getting higher. Can you imagine what that would mean for the Ladies figure skating? EVERYTHING would be possible. But I'd rather see the best of the World winning Gold.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Tursynbaeva has higher PCS than Miahara...is Japanese Fed investing all money to inflate Shoma's PCS?

Shoma is really way off topic here. Last I checked this was the Ladies thread.

Alba

Record Breaker
1st- Maria S.
2nd- Mai Mihara
3rd- Alina Z.
4th-Kaetlyn O.

Ugh, based on this I pressume Midori Ito shouldn't have won silver in Albertville. lol

Warwick360

Medalist
German Eurosport kept saying that the probability of Russia being banned from the Olympics is getting higher. Can you imagine what that would mean for the Ladies figure skating? EVERYTHING would be possible. But I'd rather see the best of the World winning Gold.

In that case, there would be an even bigger asterisk next to the Gold medal winner, in the absence of Russian skaters. In my mind, 10 times or more larger than the Sochi scandal. It would be a true shame.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It is OK. Yuna Kim did not ever have such a difficult program and even with all her +3s 81.80 TES was out of reach for her.

Oh plz you really want to go there? Anyone of her program is worth more than 10 of team Eteri's program (except may be Yulia's Schindler's list) With the new GOE adjustment, she would have scored +4 +5 on some of these jumps quality vs the +1s with cheap Tanos and pre-rotations. Besides, she never benefitted from the Skate while Russian/European that seems to automatically add + 6-9 PCS bonus by default, and she had to prove herself working from the grounds up. For starters, she had never won any competition by PCS in her entire career, which is pretty incredible, and actually says how strict the judges are with her. When they have excuses, they will punish her unlike other skating nationality royalties.

I don't even want to go into the rule changes that seems to target her especially, there were tons of discussion back in 2011/12 based on deflating quality and inflate quantity. Had quality mattered more. The GOEs and strict technical panel would not have been that generous like it is today.

1st- Maria S.
2nd- Mai Mihara
3rd- Alina Z.
4th-Kaetlyn O.

I would switch Alina and Kaetlyn based on program quality, balance and maturity.

Alina require the whole music structure dumbed down to fit her program content and layout, while Kaetlyn actually require to interpret and deliver the theme and content. They are on different level of artistic challenges and efforts so the mark should reflect them. Maria and Mai should be closer 1 points apart around 64.

Purv

Match Penalty
7/7 junior gp events won by russians this year and 4/5 in seniors... but some people still don't consider this a dominance :biggrin:

most of those girls from junior will not survive, believe me/Where is Serafima now? Gubanova?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Oh plz you really want to go there? Anyone of her program is worth more than 10 of team Eteri's program (except may be Yulia's Schindler's list) With the new GOE adjustment, she would have scored +4 +5 on some of these jumps quality vs the +1s with cheap Tanos and pre-rotations. Besides, she never benefitted from the Skate while Russian/European that seems to automatically add + 6-9 PCS bonus by default, and she had to prove herself working from the grounds up.

Meh. I'm a Yuna fan too but her WR was with an additional element and 3 2As which is even illegal nowadays.