2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Her program has some very strange and ugly arm movements. I was trying my best to think they are supposed to be related to Kung Fu but no. Wonder if she added her own interpretation like Marin.

I'm sad to see that Rika's program is not getting much appreciation here: try to rewatch it guys, it was really a joyful performance! :con3:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Nicole Victoria Mottchouk of ARG in black with a bunch of red roses

She actually lives and trains in Argentina which is kind of cool.

Specially considering the rink in which she skates/trains. She has made a lot of progress in this last 3 years.

lanark

On the Ice
Her program has some very strange and ugly arm movements. I was trying my best to think they are supposed to be related to Kung Fu but no. Wonder if she added her own interpretation like Marin.

First time I watched it (Asian Open), I also thought it was strange, specially the beginning of the step sq. But then I watched it again (Riga) and a couple more times and again. And now that I've watched many times I absolutely love it! :laugh:
Her SP is my favorite from the junior ladies. But it didn't start like that. I guess it's grown on me, maybe it will grown on others too. :luv17:

Leonardo

Final Flight
First time I watched it (Asian Open), I also thought it was strange, specially the beginning of the step sq. But then I watched it again (Riga) and a couple more times and again. And now that I've watched many times I absolutely love it! :laugh:
Her SP is my favorite from the junior ladies. But it didn't start like that. I guess it's grown on me, maybe it will grown on others too. :luv17:

Same here. I don't think she performed it as well as she can here (I liked her steps in riga's sp better), but to me this is strange and lovely at the same time.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I would say .... too much arm movements in her stsq..... she should reduce them to 50%
it will look much better.

Ender

Match Penalty
Crossovers and crossovers. I like this Young You girl. She is an amazing performer but her program is consistently distributed by 2 foot skating with mostly crossovers from point A to point B. 60 is correct for her.

treeloving

Medalist
I am so in love with Kostornaia's skating ,she is so different from the rest of Eteri's girl and Samudarova (although need to keep working on her skating skills)is my second favorite from current Russian juniors.

chz

On the Ice
I'm sad to see that Rika's program is not getting much appreciation here: try to rewatch it guys, it was really a joyful performance! :con3:

Well, im a new fan of Rika.. I really LOVE her sp this year..it's something different
You Young was sassy and i see that her determination as an athlete/performer is really admirable

tjb

Match Penalty
.Kihira's StSq seems a little slower than Alena's to me. But overall, Rika skates faster than Alena, probably because Alena has a lot of transitions.
Rika has enough transitions, but I feel that while Alena invests in the difficulty of them, Rika invests in the musicality of them.
As I said before, they have different style. That's it. They are equally great. No need to fight!

but that's not true. alyona had more speed not just in a StSq, but throughout the whole program, and the difference in speed is quite striking, i don't know how people can see that in the other way around. despite all this transitions alyona skates incredibly fast. and what is musicality of transitions? lol.
are you one of those people, who are saying that alyona is not connected to the music?

As I said before, they have different style. That's it. They are equally great. No need to fight!

i like rika personally, and i like her sp, but sorry. i don't see her being equal to alyona. alyona should be at least a couple of points ahead in PCS. as well as rika should be ahead of sofia

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
but that's not true. alyona had more speed not just in a StSq, but throughout the whole program, and the difference in speed is quite striking, i don't know how people can see that in the other way around. despite all this transitions alyona skates incredibly fast. and what is musicality of transitions? lol.

like the ones she doesn before 2A lol

tjb

Match Penalty
really? she is just waving her arms there? my bad then

and what else in this transition is more musically invested? may be she invested her leg into the music in a superior way, i don't know, since this is better or equal to alena's ina bauer

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
and what else in this transition is more musically invested? may be she invested her leg into the music in a superior way, i don't know, since this is better or equal to alena's ina bauer

Rika's is ina bauer too just not layback and she has more steps before ina bauer as well all matching the notes of the music

and now
what a real musicality is. https://youtu.be/6lkvxaf6aTA?t=2m46s
real beautiful musical ina bauer into 2a. and musical exit from it.

never said Alena's isnt musical but i still think Rika's is matching music better, i think that Alena's exit is more musical than her entry

and to be clear i just answered the question "and what is musicality of transitions? lol." ;)

atsumiri

Record Breaker
it's not even close to Alena's ina bauer https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMCOGQTW4AAPqtp.jpg
I would not even call it ina bauer

so, yes. this.
i like rika personally, and i like her sp, but sorry. i don't see her being equal to alyona. alyona should be at least a couple of points ahead in PCS. as well as rika should be ahead of sofia
+++++

breadstal

Record Breaker
Crossovers and crossovers. I like this Young You girl. She is an amazing performer but her program is consistently distributed by 2 foot skating with mostly crossovers from point A to point B. 60 is correct for her.

I may agree with SS and transitions scores :confused2:

tjb

Match Penalty
never said Alena's isnt musical but i still think Rika's is matching music better, i think that Alena's exit is more musical than her entry

and to be clear i just answered the question "and what is musicality of transitions? lol." ;)

i know what is musicality. it's just hilarious that people are applying the term musicality specifically for transitions, to justify rika's simplistic transitions.
and since rika skates faster than alyona, according to certain people, i'm also not surprised that rika has more musicality.
at least you are not saying that alyona are not connected to the music at all. like the guy from the previous jgp thread

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i know what is musicality. it's just hilarious that people are applying the term musicality specifically for transitions, to justify rika's simplistic transitions.
and since rika skates faster than alyona, according to certain people, i'm also not surprised that rika has more musicality.
at least you are not saying that alyona are not connected to the music at all. like the guy from the previous jgp thread

because the topic was specifically about transitions and lanark said Alena has more transitions but find Rika's transitions more musical, there is nothing wrong with that, lanark never said (as far as i remember anyway) Alena isnt musical either :scratch: i saw nothing but positive and respectful comments from lanark

breadstal

Record Breaker
About Rika v Alena, they both were great, ok? :laugh: I really don't understand Alena's TS scores, her transitions are AWESOME. She for sure should get higher score than other girls in this category. Both have strong SS, Alena shows them more. In PE and IN, I go with Rika, she may not have presence like Alena but the biggest problem Alena has is that she's not really performing or interpreting her programs, someone said that rn she's 'executing' them and she does it greatly, she's amazing skater but yeah, at least this is how I feel. Rika maybe is not really performer but she is working hard and you can see it, especially during StSq and that smile :luv17: Alena is very musical and she's complete skater but Rika is showing personality and has more balanced program. I think their PCS should be this close imo.