2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies FS

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I was so sad when Sofia kind of get lost between Zagitova Nugumanova and Gubanova last season. She has great qualities in her skating, I hope she has a successful season ahead.

Ender

Match Penalty
Now that Nugumanova left Mishin, finally he pays attention to the girl who can truly rotates her jumps in his group. And she’s no star, she’s hard working. Such a well-deserved win.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sofia wins, and seals her ticket to one of the Italy spots. Question remains if Kostornaia will do well next week in Poland. If so, it'll probably be Samodurova/Kostornaia in Italy. If not enough, Guliakova will likely retain her spot.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
If You would put that 3T :drama: Congratulations to Sofia and other medalists! Both Yelim and Young 4th in their JGPs (sob) and they both skate in Italy :drama:

To be honest I thought both were scored rather harsh compared to their competition at both events. I'll wait for the protocols from Young here, but having her below Mako in the LP looks just wrong to me. And as much as I like Anastasia and am mostly sorry for her, having her above Young after 3 falls looks wrong to me too. Having their 2nd JGP in Italy won't help Young & Yelim either :(

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I was checking out how Samodurova has been doing in the Russia cup this season and she's been to two events... scores 199.99 and 199.96. That's pretty brutal.

breadstal

Record Breaker
To be honest I thought both were scored rather harsh compared to their competition at both events. I'll wait for the protocols from Young here, but having her below Mako in the LP looks just wrong to me. And as much as I like Anastasia and am mostly sorry for her, having her above Young after 3 falls looks wrong to me too. Having their 2nd JGP in Italy won't help Young & Yelim either :(

I agree with the scoring tbh but nothing we can do :( Solo Lz looked UR but others looked ok for me, no 3T and there's lack of transistions in this program but yeah, let's just wait for protocols :dev2:

Have just caught up with the final group, and am so happy for lovely Sofia. Well-deserved with a truly delightful, stylish and polished performance. Such a lovely little skater 😀 A big fan here in England!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Young You's FS is remarkable, I also thought she will be sneak onto the podium... Oh well...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Young and Kaitlyn need not beat themselves up too much for this one competition. They're both are not going to seniors for a while (2019-2020) so they have time to learn and develop.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Huh, surprising. I'm the only one who thought You Young's FS was quite empty and was actually judged fairly? It's so surprising to me seeing so much praise for it. Most of the time it's element -> circling -> element -> circling.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Young got 3Z and 3F <. I agree with the 3Z, surprised about the 3F. And a lot of lost points on spins.

Huh, surprising. I'm the only one who thought You Young's FS was quite empty and was actually judged fairly? It's so surprising to me seeing so much praise for it. Most of the time it's element -> circling -> element -> circling.

People are praising the performance and her engagement with the audience. She'll learn the transitions and other stuff. Listen to Ted...he LOVED that program because she was engaging and fun to watch. That still matters in this sport.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
ya, surprised about all those points lost in Spins, i had an impression that, she has good spins before.... I honestly think that Young You is regressing a bit, maybe due to growth spurt, i guess

Ender

Match Penalty
OKAY, young you has a couple of under-rotations and spin and steps levels issue....
I could see the levels flying away when she was performing. It’s not surprising. She needs more preparation and she will be fine.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
ya, surprised about all those points lost in Spins, i had an impression that, she has good spins before.... I honestly think that Young You is regressing a bit, maybe due to growth spurt, i guess

I wouldn't worry too much about it. She probably just missed a few costly rotations. Even Jason Brown gets those dreaded Variation tech calls from time to time.

russianfan

Match Penalty
That was one hell of a thriller. And in the end, the one with the best nerves have won. Congrats to Sonya :thumbsup: that was tough