2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP

Looking at the protocols, for some reason Honda was low-balled by the Italian judge, both in PCS and in GOE.

What put Zagitova ahead was the GOEs on technical elements.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
It is realy rude to say about Marin that she makes you vomit ... really we must have a little respect for her hard work ...

frida80

Record Breaker
Delayed rotation is not an advanced technique, it's a more difficult variation of the jump. But this tech is prone to under rotation when lacking height/distance, that's why most choose not to attempt a jump that way.

Sorry. Cut me some slack, I slept for one hour.

Yeah... I looked at Polina's jumps again. The 3Lz is definitely hooked as is the 3T before the fall. Sigh... Also her delayed rotation isn't the same as before. It really is a little slower. I wonder if it was the injury or just nerves. Whatever the case, if she doesn't skate a lot better tomorrow, I worry for her future. We all know her fed has no patience for non-performers.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Everybody is talking about the best girls, it's normal. I am still angry, for that Bulgarian girl (don't remember the name). She did 3-3 combi (secondT got UR), no falls, crazy twizels (still got level 2 in steps). One UR, nice program, and ends up by being 25th. She looked so puzzled when she saw the scores. I don't know, but I think had she been Russian or N American, she would have qualified. It is always a problem with small federations.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Sorry. Cut me some slack, I slept for one hour.

Yeah... I looked at Polina's jumps again. The 3Lz is definitely hooked as is the 3T before the fall. Sigh... Also her delayed rotation isn't the same as before. It really is a little slower. I wonder if it was the injury or just nerves. Whatever the case, if she doesn't skate a lot better tomorrow, I worry for her future. We all know her fed has no patience for non-performers.
I wouldn't worry too much. Probably her coach will lose patience/interest (she gave her nice programs and packaging!) but I'm sure that many top Russian coaches would be eager to take her.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
Who said something like that? YouTube commenters?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipea View Post
I never can stand Marin - that "princess" oversugaryness just makes me want to vomit, like Gracie a few years ago. Hope in seniors she will show more differse programs and interesting characters.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just watched a select few replays and fully impressed as always with Eun Soo and Marin. For being so young, Eun Soo skates like a seasoned professional with such control, elegance and maturity. Just love watching her perform! Marin, this girl has the "IT FACTOR" and knows how to compete while doing so with such a personality and sophistication, just love her.

US ladies, well, the US is and always has been an athletic powerhouse (partly due to it's pool of athletes) so a top 10 at any and all international competitions is or should be expected. Sadly, many seem to be conditioned to accept a placement in the top 10 as a successful debut when Russia/Japan/Korea view anything other than podium as a failure. USFSA is thirsting for talent but these gals do not seem to be the answer. In this event, Amber was truly our only hope (and I say that loosely) for at least a top 5.

Alina is simply ridiculous, at 14 y.o. she is putting up scores and performances like no other. Not a fan of the Russian skaters (just to qualify, Russian athletes in general, for many reasons as I spent about 5 years in Russia and had some personal experiences), but to see Alina grow and continue to grow with sizable improvements year over year is remarkable. I love the catch and release system as it seems to really produce results, at least back-ended, short-term results that are repeatable.

So looking forward to the FS and hoping for a Gonzaga like finish to the season.

A Gonzaga finish for who? :) Alina?

(An aside, my daughter has chosen Gonzaga to win the NCAA tournament -- and when I say she chose (since she's 20 months old), I mean that i picked for her based on jersey colors and how cuddly the mascots were. I do not have Gonzaga going far in my bracket).

I think the U.S. Ladies did pretty well actually. No they're not at the top, but considering Starr's relative inexperience, she did a solid job and I think Bradie was lovely as well. Good luck to them and the lother ladies the FS.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
OH man, How nasty. There are no skaters who make me want to vomit... they deserve more respect than that for what they are doing and what they have sacrificed to get where they are. Maybe there are some who will make me go to the fridge, but to vomit? How rude.

Sackie

Medalist
Well not looking good for CAN here! Sarah has little to no chance of making the top 12 - which I thought she might be able to do. She seems to have the ability but does not seem to be able to do it when it counts. She can have some good results in minor events and shows promise but then falls apart in the big events.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
She should be way higher than 8, even if she is just skating junior lbr. She is far more refined than anyone in senior not named Mao Asada or Carolina Kostner.

Yes. I agree, but you know, ISU thinks that in juniors competitions judges should stay low with PCS and even GOEs.. and then in seniors 9s are thriwn at skaters like candys. She is an excellent skater and a great artist, and yes, she should be above anyone not named Kostner or Asada :agree:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Since I went to sleep before the end of the Ladies (given that it was 3 AM and I was exhausted) here's the last of the "Who would get multiple spots after the SP?" posts

For fun, here's how multiple spots for 2018 Junior Worlds would shape up based on the SP standings:

(Reminder to anyone reading this: This is NOT the final spots. Just based on SP. In case anyone thinks this is actually serious)

Qualification rules in this post here if you need a refresher

3 spots

Russia (1 + 6 = 7)
Japan (2 + 3 = 5)

2 spots

South Korea (4 + 16 = 20)
USA (7 + 9 = 16)
Hong Kong (8, only skater) - up from 1 skater
Finland (10, only skater) - up from 1 skater

We now return you to your regularly scheduled endless debates over the same topics over and over again

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
2 + 3 = 8? Chemistry66? Thank goodness you aren't Math66. :)
And Marin can give me candy anytime. I'm sad people don't enjoy sweets. Maybe salty is your taste profile.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
2 + 3 = 8? Chemistry66? Thank goodness you aren't Math66. :)
And Marin can give me candy anytime. I'm sad people don't enjoy sweets. Maybe salty is your taste profile.

It's called a typo. It happens. Especially when two numbers are right next to each other on a number pad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think when talking about juniors we should choose words more carefully and some of the posts are just rude (((

not just juniors... every one.... even the old seniors are just in their 20s... kids... putting themselves through so much to compete... and while we are supposed to watch and have fun, so many whine.... it's incredible... i went to bed right after the event... there had been a lot of negativity already... coming back to the thread hours later, wow.... as a community, I wish we were all more compassionate.

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Quote Originally Posted by Lipea View Post
I never can stand Marin - that "princess" oversugaryness just makes me want to vomit, like Gracie a few years ago. Hope in seniors she will show more differse programs and interesting characters.

Ok. Comments like these make me want to vomit. She's a child.

mrrice

Record Breaker
2 + 3 = 8? Chemistry66?

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :laugh2: It was probably the middle of the night when posted. I'll cut Chemistry66 some slack.

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
A Gonzaga finish for who? :) Alina?

(An aside, my daughter has chosen Gonzaga to win the NCAA tournament -- and when I say she chose (since she's 20 months old), I mean that i picked for her based on jersey colors and how cuddly the mascots were. I do not have Gonzaga going far in my bracket).

I think the U.S. Ladies did pretty well actually. No they're not at the top, but considering Starr's relative inexperience, she did a solid job and I think Bradie was lovely as well. Good luck to them and the lother ladies the FS.

I swear some posters believe that all US ladies should be Olympic ready one day one. It's like no one has the patience to watch a skater develop and improve over time. I too think Starr did well, especially since she was just asked to substitute less than two weeks ago. She still has plenty of time to improve her skating skills for next season. Bradie was the best I've seen her all season.