2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I know there are several of us on here who would like to buy ice level tickets for the men's and ladies free if they become available. What do you think are the chances?
check the site. more ice level tickets are available. the seating plan also works again.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
check the site. more ice level tickets are available. the seating plan also works again.
Nice. Although wow, those are some really expensive tickets for the premium seats, and exactly how "premium" is sitting on the judges side, but row 18 (!) and not in the center two blocks? :sarcasm:

beki

Medalist
Thanks to the community here for the updates! I went ahead and splurged on "premium" tickets. Life's too short, right?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to the community here for the updates! I went ahead and splurged on "premium" tickets. Life's too short, right?

Dang right!!! I bought a ticket for the remaining 6 events I needed. I can cancel my VIP tickets for Ladies free, Mens free, and Mens SP. Those 3 tickets alone were €711 and that was for section 102/103 :shocked: Now I can see the entire event :yahoo:

Last edited:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
It's great to have new tickets available, but I think it's not fair for those who have already bought their tickets, thinking they were all almost sold out. I asked the organization some months ago and they told me that tickets were being sold extremely well, and that the tickets that were on the website were all they had left.I'm quite satisfied with my tickets, but had I known it, I might have waited and bought better ones. Well...I guess I can always buy new ones and try to resell the other ones...

BTW, most of my tickets are sector 102 (corner), row 13. That's the best I could find when I bought them. Well, there were some tickets in Ice Level 1 but they were "almost" Ice Level 2 tickets and of course more expensive. Do you guys think the overall view from there will be good?

Thank you all for the updates and useful info! :thank:

Last edited:

blackey

On the Ice
cheap hotel/hostel recommend near the arena? i'm pretty much broke after buying ticket and flight..

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
cheap hotel/hostel recommend near the arena? i'm pretty much broke after buying ticket and flight..

airbnb, i'm looking and there are some about $300-450 total for 7 nights.

ETA: Well there were a lot yesterday. I had bookmarked like 10+. Today there were only 3 of those left :slink: The 2 closest to the arena are gone :laugh:

Last edited:

khughes

On the Ice
It's great to have new tickets available, but I think it's not fair for those who have already bought their tickets, thinking they were all almost sold out. I asked the organization some months ago and they told me that tickets were being sold extremely well, and that the tickets that were on the website were all they had left.I'm quite satisfied with my tickets, but had I known it, I might have waited and bought better ones. Well...I guess I can always buy new ones and try to resell the other ones...

BTW, most of my tickets are sector 102 (corner), row 13. That's the best I could find when I bought them. Well, there were some tickets in Ice Level 1 but they were "almost" Ice Level 2 tickets and of course more expensive. Do you guys think the overall view from there will be good?

Thank you all for the updates and useful info! :thank:

I was in similar seats in Boston and they were fine. Earlier on this thread people who know the arena have said that most of the seats are good.

yukisome

Rinkside

Dang right!!! I bought a ticket for the remaining 6 events I needed. I can cancel my VIP tickets for Ladies free, Mens free, and Mens SP. Those 3 tickets alone were €711 and that was for section 102/103 :shocked: Now I can see the entire event :yahoo:

On Sunday, I just found out the Lippu rep ordered the wrong ticket for me over the phone (Credit card issue), meanwhile the Men's Free tickets were all gone... Very frustrated to the point that I almost ordered the VIP ROSE Ticket. Yesterday, when i saw the release of section 110 (row 18 with high price :noshake:), I just pet my little heart and grab it without thinking about it too much.

Life is short. :)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nice. Although wow, those are some really expensive tickets for the premium seats, and exactly how "premium" is sitting on the judges side, but row 18 (!) and not in the center two blocks? :sarcasm:

What irritates me is that for the mens LP, in one block, there are both Ice Level 1 and premium tickets, with the premium tickets being more expensive but in the rows further back? Like, what? :roll9:

yukisome

Rinkside
On the official seating map, they said premium=Row1-3 on the ice level. Now row 18 half is premium, half is ice level one. I think they are reassigning seat to create more premium tickets.

Rissa

Record Breaker
On the official seating map, they said premium=Row1-3 on the ice level. Now row 18 half is premium, half is ice level one. I think they are reassigning seat to create more premium tickets.

I believe sections 108-110 weren't available before, it makes sense that sections behind the judges are more pricey. Sections 108 is VIP which yeah, I can understand. But on the main map, highest rows of section of section 110 are Premium whereas rows below them are Ice Level 1. Which is a head scratcher. Especially because I was lucky to get tickets in the lowest part of 110 a few months ago and they were Premium but are grayed out on the map now. :scratch2:

Yeah, I think the exceeding expactations demand is causing them to rise prices.

It's super annoying because the best seats should be released straight at the beginning, as this is when the most interested parties buy. Just put your extorbitant price on those seats but release them straight away.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The 2 closest to the arena are gone
You will also be fine if you get something near the main train station. Public transport is really good in Helsinki. Sure, there will be a lot of people going in the same direction, especially right after the events, but I still don't think that it will take us hours to get back into the city. And the train ride is only like 5 minutes or so.

I haven't been in the corner section myself before, but I think it should be fine for an overall view. IIRC, I've read from some people on the forum that they actually prefer to sit in the corner, because you don't have to move your head a lot since you don't have to look from left to right all the time to see the entire program.

What irritates me is that for the mens LP, in one block, there are both Ice Level 1 and premium tickets, with the premium tickets being more expensive but in the rows further back? Like, what? :roll9:
But on the main map, highest rows of section of section 110 are Premium whereas rows below them are Ice Level 1. Which is a head scratcher.
A section of the seating plan doesn't cover an entire seating block, but only one half each of 2 seating blocks. The premium tickets are in the seating block further to the center. The Ice Level 1 tickets are further down, but also further to the side. Those few meters apparently make the premium seats twice as valuable. I guess.

But their pricing system had me scratch my head more than once already. Like, one of the seating blocks is both section 118 and 117. At some point they sold all-event tickets for the last couple of rows, and those in 118 were Ice Level 1, and those in 117 were Ice Level 2. So you can sit in the middle of that block in the last row, and the person in the seat right next to you has paid 200€ less for their ticket.
Probably best not to think about it too much :palmf:

Especially because I was lucky to get tickets in the lowest part of 110 a few months ago and they were Premium but are grayed out on the map now.
That one I also didn't understand.

Yeah, I think the exceeding expactations demand is causing them to rise prices.
Just speculating here, but I think they had always planned to release them for those prices. If you look at the map that they had provided before the ticket sale started, the seats in section 110 are already colored that way (premium in the back, Ice Level 1 beneath, and VIP/blocked in the lowest part)

I don't like this way of selling tickets either :rolleye: strategy, I guess. Maybe they first want to sell the seats that will be on camera a lot. If ticket sales didn't go so well, they could at least make it look like there were a lot more people than there actually are. And by releasing those expensive tickets last minute, maybe they hope that they will sell much better because people are more desperate and therefore more willing to pay those prices without thinking about it too much.

khughes

On the Ice

I know the process is very strange, but it seems to matter which side of the section you are on. For instance, in 117, which I'm in, the side nearest to the center of the ice was level 1 all the way up. The seats from about row 15 in the half further from the ice became level 2, which means that you could actually be sitting next to someone with both of you having paid a different price. I don't know if they are changing seats from level 1 to premium because of supply and demand, but they did seem to have a plan (even if somewhat convoluted) from the beginning.

blackey

On the Ice
what's the expense level of food in helsinki? (compare to US) trying to get a general idea, my friend said it's very expensive.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thank you Pamigena and khughes! :thank: that's likely what it is... not that I'd really think it makes sense, but I guess not everything does :roll9:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
what's the expense level of food in helsinki? (compare to US) trying to get a general idea, my friend said it's very expensive.
Finland is not cheap at all, but considering the very (!) good US dollar vs euro exchange rate these days, this is probably the best time to visit.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Maybe this helps.
I just googled this, so not guarantee for accuracy and reliability, but it looks about right. (unfortunately they don't have a chart for "arena food", which will probably be on a whole other level :palmf: )

sarama

Medalist
Do you think it's going to be possible to get tickets right before the event starts (assuming it's not sold out)?