2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
/QUOTE]

It is a bit warmer now and forecast for next week even warmer: http://www.foreca.fi/Finland/Helsinki/tenday

The arena will be really cold though and the closer one sits to the ice, the colder it will feel... But the ice will be good for skaters!

Maybe we can put our Finland GSers in charge of conjuring up warm(er) weather. :handw: I usually am sitting in the "oxygen mask" level seats but am closer to the ice for this competition. Guess I'd better dress warmer!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I do any onsite reports it will be much like the ones I posted in the GP Final thread... mostly stuff about what it's like to be there, and general observations or "incidents" involving skaters... rather than detailed practice reports, skater critiques, etc...

And on a completely unrelated note, I am currently contemplating my (already sizable) collection of flags, and whether to get a few more to bring along. I'm thinking... Hungary (Ivett Toth!)... Sweden (I have been enjoying Majorov's programs this year, especially his SP)... Belgium (Jorik and Loena!)... maybe Latvia (Vasiljevs, Kuchvalska)... maybe Slovakia (Rajicova)...

Yes, that's the cool stuff. There are many types of practice reports. People looking for detailed jump stuff can always look at Rockerskating. There is some fun stuff worth reporting as I mentioned above. Sometimes there's interesting interactions between skaters and coaches too...The flags are SO wonderful! I don't have a collection but am thinking I may bring my American flag...Will you be taking your amazing photos? I'm embarrassed to post my photos after seeing yours! :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So am I :laugh:
I need to also bring flags to cheer for the Americans and also my Canadians brothers and sisters!

I'm thinking of bringing a Canadian and a Japanese flag too in addition to my American flag. I am revving up my lungs to cheer for my Canadian neighbors! Go Kaetlyn! Go Gabby! I do cheer for everyone though and my hands hurt last year (seriously!) from clapping so much! :laugh2:

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
And on a completely unrelated note, I am currently contemplating my (already sizable) collection of flags, and whether to get a few more to bring along. I'm thinking... Hungary (Ivett Toth!)... Sweden (I have been enjoying Majorov's programs this year, especially his SP)... Belgium (Jorik and Loena!)... maybe Latvia (Vasiljevs, Kuchvalska)... maybe Slovakia (Rajicova)...

Cool :thumbsup:
I love flags. I have a small collection but most of them I can't use for fs events (Costa Rica, Chile :) ). For Worlds I would like to bring flags of Hungary, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea and Canada, I still have to order a couple of these. :)

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Will you be taking your amazing photos? I'm embarrassed to post my photos after seeing yours! :)
LOL. "Amazing photos" :-D Thanks, but you flatter me.

I have some decent equipment, and I know some basic photography principles.
But I have no particular talent - with practice, anyone could do what I do.
It's the skaters that make great photos!

I don't even consider myself "a photographer". I primarily go to competitions to watch the skating :-D Taking photos is secondary - to make souvenirs, and to share with others who couldn't be there themselves.

Well anyway - I will be taking photos, but no idea how they'll turn out... my seat is far from the ice. (I'm hoping they won't be too strict about seat numbers during practice sessions, and let us use unoccupied seats if the owners are away... so I can get a bit nearer during practices).

And if you capture an interesting moment, don't be afraid to share! It doesn't matter if it's a bit blurry or whatever. The "image" is more important than the "image quality"...!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw on the Dash Tours web site that they are selling their remaining all-event tickets for $1,000 which is in Canadian $$, so that should be about $750 in USD. I think the ticket includes all competitions, gala, and practices. http://www.dashtours.com/98.html

vadrouille

Rinkside
Just saw on the Dash Tours web site that they are selling their remaining all-event tickets for $1,000 which is in Canadian $$, so that should be about $750 in USD. I think the ticket includes all competitions, gala, and practices. http://www.dashtours.com/98.html

Their price is very reasonable for the package of all event ticket 9 competitions including practices and exhibition, in ice level I .
But I think that the sentence mentioning "the amount STARTING at 1000 $" is included in the price for the package ticket + hotel 8 nights.
You have to buy the whole package of ticket + hotel, I think.
But the price for the package is very good, considering that the hotels are becoming very expensive for the week of competitions. Many hotels are already booked and sold out.
The conversion factor is 1 dollar Canadian = 0.718 € euro, so 1000 $ cad = 718 euros.
The price for 1 all event 9 competitions ticket in Ice level I, sold at the official World web site is already 795 euros.
Good luck for skating fans who try to plan to attend World, like myself.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their price is very reasonable for the package of all event ticket 9 competitions including practices and exhibition, in ice level I .
But I think that the sentence mentioning "the amount STARTING at 1000 $" is included in the price for the package ticket + hotel 8 nights.
You have to buy the whole package of ticket + hotel, I think.
But the price for the package is very good, considering that the hotels are becoming very expensive for

Not 100% certain. Their pkgs. have been up for sale since July. I interpreted this to mean they have a few all-event tickets left and just want to get rid of them, regardless of whether you want the entire pkg. (with hotel) or not. Just thought I'd post in case it would help someone. Best thing would be to call the number listed if interested.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
If I do any onsite reports it will be much like the ones I posted in the GP Final thread... mostly stuff about what it's like to be there, and general observations or "incidents" involving skaters... rather than detailed practice reports, skater critiques, etc...

Please wave Belgium and Latvia flags hard on my behalf if you will bring them to Helsinki!!! And ofc Canadian, American, Japanese, Chinese and French (if you'll have) - especially for Laurine and Piper and Paul if you'll attend Ice Dance, big :thank: in advance for reports, flags waving and amazing photos as usual!:ghug:

Merjan

On the Ice
Last night at Hartwall Arena, watching ice-hockey... I wrote down some prices of food and drink there ( 14th Feb.): pizza slice 4,90 e, soft drink 3,50 e or 4 e,
coffee 2,50 e, cheese burger 3,70 e, cheese burger meal 7,60 e, candy (small bag) 3,50 e, chicken fingers 7,50 e, juice 2 e, chicken/avocado wrap 6,30 e, ice cream 3,50 e > .

sarama

Medalist
Last night at Hartwall Arena, watching ice-hockey... I wrote down some prices of food and drink there ( 14th Feb.): pizza slice 4,90 e, soft drink 3,50 e or 4 e,
coffee 2,50 e, cheese burger 3,70 e, cheese burger meal 7,60 e, candy (small bag) 3,50 e, chicken fingers 7,50 e, juice 2 e, chicken/avocado wrap 6,30 e, ice cream 3,50 e > .
Well if they stay like that, it's not bad. Thank you for reporting

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm a little bitter at my 15th row tickets for the ladies free :dev2: Oh well.

You could try and e-mail them? I mean, this is ridiculous. They have really, really great seats for most events, like opposite the judges, all the way down to row 6?! I bet there are a lot of people who feel cheated now. I would be if I found entire rows had been held back even when the website still claims right now an event is sold out.

sarama

Medalist
Gosh I'm pretty mad... there are better tickets now for the short dance compared to the ones I bought:gaah:... I'm seriously thinking about complaining but I don't want to make a mess... Has somebody been able to change their tickets?