2018 Olympic Figure Skating Livestreams | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Livestreams

Dr. Jenn

Medalist

A.H.Black

Final Flight
First of all, I have a brand new smart Sony television, I just use over air antenna (don’t have cable). Second, people who don’t have cable are no longer a tiny minority, in fact most are migrating to cutting the cord. Third, I’m well aware of various platforms and streams I can watch. My point was that back in the golden age of this sport, regular TV people had in their homes provided free content on major networks.

Obviously, the landscape has changed.

If you have a brand new TV then you are able to watch all that is available for free. Yes, people were able to watch for free for many years. You still get that much programming, even more, for free. If you want more than that - and there is tons more - you have to pay for it.

But enough of that discussion. Lets see if we can't get you on the NBC site, which is what you want anyway. Here are some links that might help - they probably know more than I do anyway.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/7/16986832/winter-olympics-pyeongchang-2018-how-to-watch-live-stream How to view
http://www.nbcolympics.com/watch-live NBC - faqs

How are you getting your 4K programming on your new TV? Do you subscribe? You mentioned Youtube TV - do you subscribe? Roku? Playstation? Netflix? Apple TV? Something ought to work.

Try this - go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-watch-literally-all-figure-skating-during-2018-winter-olympics-pyeongchang (on a computer first as they are the easiest to login on) Scroll down to something you want to see (that has already happened). Once you click on it there will be a one-time authentication page that appears. One of the boxes will probably say Comcast - ignore it. There is another box with a drop-down menu - there are hundreds of options on it. One of them will surely work for you. Once you find one - click on it - it will ask you to login to your account (if you don't have that information you will have to go to that company and find the information). Once you have logged on, you will automatically be taken back to the program you wanted to watch.

Voila - you're on. You don't have to do it again and it will work for that device for the foreseeable future.

Then you should be able to figure out how to connect with your other devices. Each one (and each browser) will need a separate authentication.

Good luck.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Cross posting from the TV thread.

Figure Skating Schedule - 02/13 - Pairs Short

Times are eastern -

- Olympic Ice Pre-show - 7:00 pm NBCSN /online (Scott, Tanith)
- Competition - 8:00 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN. NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks. The online stream should have ALL the skates.
- Olympic Ice Post-show - 11:35 pm Online only (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how....cs-pyeongchang

Caro

Rinkside
Does anybody know if the olympic channel app will stream the paris short program tonight? I've downloaded the app but it seems they show more the past olympics than 2018 events.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Anyone know who the commentators are on the live events (on Eurosport 3 and 5 usually). One is a guy (American or Canadian) and the other is an Australian woman. I am finding them somewhat irritating as they tell me nothing I don't already know and that woman will insist on giving 'helpful' comments DURING THE PERFORMANCES! :frown: If you are reading this, dear, PLEASE save your review until after the performance. Thank you.

(Thankfully, I have the option to have it without commentary. Oh how I miss Chris Howarth & Co!)

Belinda Noonan might be the woman you’re thinking of/hearing non-stop.
She’s commentating with an American guy who’s name escapes me atm.
She does literally talk through the entire skate.

ETA- Jim Van Horne is the American/Canadian guy. Just saw it on her FB page.
In an amazing display of how bad our coverage is, Belinda, the Australian Media Manager, is advising Australians to get a VPN for Canada/America so we can watch the skating 😂

Thank you so much because I need to stop calling her the Aussie woman. :biggrin:She talks but for some reason I'm easily able to tune her out. It's not as if she is competing with the performance as much as Tara and Johnny. Some voices stick out for me more than others.

What I love is that she'll be completely right about some things and then just throw in some random wrong facts confidently. Belinda, please do a little more research. :dev2:

Ah! So that's who she is.

Belinda Coulthard (as was). One of those skaters that has the honour of doing the double of winning Nationals in Ladies and Pairs in the same year (Junior Ladies / Senior Pairs in 1972/73). And going on to dominate Aussie Pairs skating in the early to mid 70's, before returning to Singles. (Wikipedia)

I have no idea why, but I actually recognise the name she used when competing. Has she only get married recently, and would I have seen her under her maiden name as a coach or a judge? Or, is it simply a case that I saw her name looking through past Aussie Nationals results, and it subconsciously stuck in my head without me realising?

Listening to her, you could tell that she was a skater and knew what she was talking about. But, she is not a natural commentator.

As some of you have already mentioned, she has not mastered the art of knowing when to talk and when not to talk. She just talks continuously.

As for her Canadian colleague, he knows as much about figure skating as the last time we were listening to him. Just a little, not a lot.

Mind you, at least he is a bit more knowledgeable than Kat Downes was (I'm using the past tense, as I haven't been watching the BBC at all this time around).

You would have thought that the broadcasters would have gone all out and got decent commentators for the Olympics.

At least we have Simon and Chris on British Eurosport. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

pearly

Record Breaker
Which channel is Belinda on? I get her commentary on Eurosport Player (on demand and full events), but I picked up from your posts that she is on other channels as well?

Just this morning I realized we still get Simon and Chris on Eurosport 1 and 2 - thank you Eurosport!

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Ah! So that's who she is.

Belinda Coulthard (as was). One of those skaters that has the honour of doing the double of winning Nationals in Ladies and Pairs in the same year (Junior Ladies / Senior Pairs in 1972/73). And going on to dominate Aussie Pairs skating in the early to mid 70's, before returning to Singles. (Wikipedia)

I have no idea why, but I actually recognise the name she used when competing. Has she only get married recently, and would I have seen her under her maiden name as a coach or a judge? Or, is it simply a case that I saw her name looking through past Aussie Nationals results, and it subconsciously stuck in my head without me realising?

Listening to her, you could tell that she was a skater and knew what she was talking about. But, she is not a natural commentator.

As some of you have already mentioned, she has not mastered the art of knowing when to talk and when not to talk. She just talks continuously.

As for her Canadian colleague, he knows as much about figure skating as the last time we were listening to him. Just a little, not a lot.

Mind you, at least he is a bit more knowledgeable than Kat Downes was (I'm using the past tense, as I haven't been watching the BBC at all this time around).

You would have thought that the broadcasters would have gone all out and got decent commentators for the Olympics.

At least we have Simon and Chris on British Eurosport. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Omggg, thank you CaroLiza_fan!!! I KNEW Belinda was a former figure skater, but couldn’t for the life of me remember when she actually competed. Possibly because she reigned about a decade or so before I was born, and because Australia recognised winter sports somehow even less in the 80’s than now. :(

The last I recall hearing of her achievements was when she called the ‘98 Games for us, she was briefly introduced as something to the effect of “a former good, real, live skating person” . She was Noonan back then, though, to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong, but it seems to always ring in my head as “Noonan” - come MultiSport time, Simon Reeve always gets paired up with either Liz Checkovic (spelled wrong) for gymnastics or Belinda for skating, and is cast in the role of Wide-Eyed Four Year Fan, given a script full of prompts including “let’s go!” and “wow-eee!” whilst being lectured witheringly by his respective lady counterpart.

Obviously this year, he has broken free from captivity ;)

Yes, she’s certainly not managed to grow as a commentator....actually, I think she’s regressed. I do believe she does or did some coaching, which I think comes out in her analysis. For those who actually heard music instead of non-stop speaking, today she was really focussed on things like head positions in death spirals, hand positions on catches, free legs, PCS progression, number of spin rotations....it really sounded like she was talking to herself, trying to judge every aspect of the routines. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that she’d been focussed more on judging or coaching in Aus, that’s what she sounded like to me today.

It is quite obvious that she hasn’t been told to speak to Jim as she would a casual viewer!
Poor Jim...oh boy lol. Come LP, I want to start a drinking game - everyone does a shot each time that either Belinda gives him an “actually, NO”, or he says “they’re dancing to, err, skating to, err..the...skaters??” 😂

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Ok, a quick glance at the TV guide tells me that good old skate-man Simon Reeve has escaped the major networks and is travelling around Russian villages courtesy of our “indy” station, currently by boat.
And yes, judging by his smile, it does look like a choice he made of his own free will. He was not, I repeat NOT left behind after Sochi and forced to fend for himself ;)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Crossposting from TV Schedule page

Figure Skating Schedule - 02/14 - Pairs Free

Times are eastern -

- Competition - 8:30 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN however USA Knierims skate 2nd so NBC should show that. NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks (the Italians M/H were chacked by NBC for the short). The online stream should have ALL the skates.
- Olympic Ice Post-show - 11:35 pm online only. (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)
- Medal Ceremonies - Olympic Channel and online - 5:00 AM

Streaming site - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-...cs-pyeongchang

Schedule and results - https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-...y-schedule.htm

velveteentuzhi

Spectator
Sorry if this has been answered, but what time usually are the FS medal ceremonies? I couldn't figure out where/when to watch them so I missed the medal ceremonies so far... Hoping to at least catch the mens & ladies' ceremonies when they come

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Sorry if this has been answered, but what time usually are the FS medal ceremonies? I couldn't figure out where/when to watch them so I missed the medal ceremonies so far... Hoping to at least catch the mens & ladies' ceremonies when they come

Check out my schedule just above.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
US Figure Skating Schedule - 02/15 - Men's Short.

Times are eastern -

- Men's Practice/warm-up - 4:45 pm online only. At least that's what it says.
- Competition - 8:00 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN - however Vincent skates 3rd (8:21 pm) so NBC should show him (but they didn't show the Knierims live). NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks (the Italians M/H were chacked by NBC for the short and free). The online stream should have ALL the skates. Adam Rippon (10:45 pm), Nathan Chen (11:54 pm)*
- Olympic Ice Post-show - 12:30 online only. (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)

Starting order and results - https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang....al-000100-.htm

* There's lots of men - it's going to be a long night.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Haha I know, I nearly choked with laughter when she called Alina’s skate!
“...her coach will BE VERY PROUD!!”
Uh....Belinda, I’d like to introduce you to Eteri. You know, the coach sitting next to Alina looking very un-proud 😂

I think she’s trying to educate Aussies as much as she possibly can about skating, which in itself is necessary, especially given that those here who’ll even let skating be played on the TV will come up with gems such as “no, she (Alina) has been jumping since the start!!” - because apparently a foot leaving the ice qualifies as a jump. That would explain the edge-by-edge commentary (especially the ice dance - I swear every edge change was pointed out!).
It’s too bad that it’s not available as an optional subtitle or something, like “here are some footnotes for those who have yet to visit an ice rink, and a mute button for those who have and do not want a hyper speed lecture lol”.

Not to mention that Australians do tend to yammer on constantly during absolutely every sporting event...if I hadn’t heard commentary from other nations, I would’ve thought the non-stop talking was perfectly normal....you oughta hear our horse racing commentary. Gives auctioneers a run for their money ;)

She's awful, and that voice is fingernails down a blackboard.

Back in the day, as shy and experienced as they were, at least Torvill & Dean stayed quiet (for the most part) when they did commentary for Australian TV during the 1988 Calgary Olympics.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Figure Skating Schedule - 02/16 - Men's Free.

Times are eastern -

- Competition - 8:00 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN. NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks. As you know, almost all the short skates were on NBCSN last night. Nathan 9:22 pm. Vincent 10:35 pm. Adam 11:00 pm.
- Olympic Ice Post-show - 12:15 am online only. (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)
- Medal Ceremonies - Day 8 - 5:00 am Saturday, online only.

Starting order and results - https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang...ng/results-men-single-skating-fnl-000100-.htm

purpledream

On the Ice
really need help
my cable switched my skating halfway to NBA... HELP! ><
Any live streams? thats not NBC or sth complex to get in