2018 US Championships Sr Men FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr Men FS

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Jordan Moeller posted about his encounter with a homeless man after his, for him, disaster of a SP. The account is moving and deserves a wide audience IMHO, so I am placing it here.

A bad skate is all a matter of perspective

Sean Rabbitt replied "We are all here together as brothers" and Tim Dolensky also offered "Perspective is everything".

This is what I love about the US men and why winning is not only *not* the only thing, it's not even the most important thing. You go, gentlemen! :clap:

well, I'm tearing up a bit after reading this, because such things really gives you another perspective to what you're experiencing. Amazing post by Jordan, great attitude and such maturity, hope he'll get inspired by this!

to add something maybe related - I tend to practice a similar self-check in hard times. I think about friends who have experienced/are experiencing severe health problems, about my teammate at work who is disabled, but doesn't see it as disadvantage and is pushing the life forward in a way I'd only dream to have courage to do myself. It really gets me up and makes me see a bigger picture somehow

macy

Record Breaker
If NBC is airing it at 8pm EST should we count on another hour of fluff and SP reruns before the actual warm up begins?

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Nathan looks like he was wrapped in a garbage bag. With a zip.

What was the look supposed to be?

Did someone tell him his plain shirts were awful?

Crystal7

Final Flight
Oh, man. What happened to Nathan?! He had so amazing costumes (and hair). I was always impressed.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan looks like he was wrapped in a garbage bag. With a zip.

What was the look supposed to be?

Did someone tell him his plain shirts were awful?

I think Nathan looks like an athlete.

I've never been a fan of frilly glittery costumes, and while I liked the "shirt and pants" look he used all season, I'm fine with these he's debuted at USNats.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, man. What happened to Nathan?! He had so amazing costumes (and hair). I was always impressed.

The shorter not curly hair and no frills (ugly) costume are perhaps to allow him to be more aerodynamic. Just joking...maybe.

beki

Medalist
Nathan channeling some all-black American defensive masculinity à la Evan Lysacek.

Don’t fear the sequin.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Go Nathan and Vincent!
Still missing the curls ... not so sure about this onesie either.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan, Nathan, Nathan....

I'm sorry, this costume looks like you aren't trying and don't care. This is figure skating. Ugly costumes aren't more "manly", they're just ugly.

You deserve better.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just found out NBC Detroit (the station I get from Ontario, Canada) is showing a football game instead, so I guess it'll be the Japanese livestream for me, if it's working.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
What is that costume. Nathan. Babe. What are you doing.

I sadly will be asleep for the men’s competition, I hope I will wake up reading of Adam’s amazing performance :) when will the team be named?

Crystal7

Final Flight
The shorter not curly hair and no frills (ugly) costume are perhaps to allow him to be more aerodynamic. Just joking...maybe.

:laugh: Maybe. Guess, he wanted to look more... in olympic style :confused: but that was VERY bad idea...

Flutz Capacitor

Rinkside
If that's his costume for the FS someone needs to be fired. I rarely have such strong opinions on style and packaging but this is just awful.
And his curls were so cool. Now he has generic hair.