2018 Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 82 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Ladies Short Program

Globetrotter

Medalist
I would too. Of unhappiness. For Alina.

If she goes clean and maintain the standard she set in Pyeongchang, I doubt any others can catch up as her TES will be too high. But if she messes up and others go clean, then there is nothing to be unhappy about and just accept that someone else skated better.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Umm no. Most of Mishin activities are funded by russian government. The rink where he coaches belongs to russian government. Like, you know, he is employed by russian government and Caro is a freelance side job for him.
Is Orser employed by Canadian government?

Ah I get your drift. But as long as Mishin does what he is expected on his publicly funded job, in theory what extra he does as a sideline should not be a concern. Of course if things go south, it becomes an easy target to blame someone else like Mishin for training a rival better. Moot but I get the shifting blame possibility.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Sounds an excuse to save her from a very bad score in the FP and a very bad placement that could affect her reputation.

With Shin Amano as the caller, she has no chance to get away with all her underrotations / downgrades and this is not South Korea, so no home bonus for her.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Ah I get your drift. But as long as Mishin does what he is expected on his publicly funded job, in theory what extra he does as a sideline should not be a concern. Of course if things go south, it becomes an easy target to blame someone else like Mishin for training a rival better. Moot but I get the shifting blame possibility.

He's not training Alina, Maria or Stanislava, so how can he be training their competition better?

kimi492

Final Flight
Sounds an excuse to save her from a very bad score in the FP and a very bad placement that could affect her reputation.

With Shin Amano as the caller, she has no chance to get away with all her underrotations / downgrades and this is not South Korea, so no home bonus for her.

How does a withdrawal affect S.K’s placement for next year? I assume they’ll only get 1 spot now?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
How does a withdrawal affect S.K’s placement for next year? I assume they’ll only get 1 spot now?

No SK but more her future scores.

With that 7th place at the Olympics, she could be seen in a different way by the judges next season, while at Worlds 2018 with a fairly similar performance her score went back to the 50s because of the URs, and that tells you that hardly she would have been treated differently in the free: finishing 20th doesn't guarantee 2 spots for SK, so this could be a strategic WD.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada

Either Dabin is considered to not be entered (i.e. Hanul is the "only" Korean entry) so Hanul would need to place top 10 for 2 spots

or she is considered to have made the FS so gets the 16 points. In that case, Hanul would need to place top 12 for 2 spots.'

Not sure which is correct

colormyworld240

Medalist
Her skate is like a very hardworking student who reproduced what she was told. She is very young and it shows. My main take was more on that she was getting such high PCS scores despite being more rushed and playing catch up. It is only fair that skaters be scored for what they executed and not based on what they previously did. If it’s up to me, the overall PCS has gone ridiculously high for all the top skaters. Very very few are deserving of 9s. Exception is for Zhenya and clean Kaetlyn in PE, Satoko in IN. CaroK May have the best SS among active ladies but even that should not be getting 9s unless the blade mastery of PChan or Yuka Sato is shown.

I guess we have differing opinions then, because I think Alina's black swan was interpreted and performed very well. I think the movements match the music, but even if they are too rushed that's choreo. And PCS maybe high for all skaters compared to what they used to be, but everyone knows you can only compare scores at one competition, not across competitions and definitely not across multiple quads. As for skating skills, I don't think Carolina has the best of active ladies, I think she had the best skating skills even amongst Mao and Yuna. I never think Zhenya should get a high score in PE, but her programs are never my cup of the tea so the performance looks fake. I much prefer Alina on that end. Kaetlyn yes but only her for SP, and good skating skills. Satoko has amazing interpretation in all programs, also nice performance and nice skating skills!

jaylee

Medalist
No SK but more her future scores.

With that 7th place at the Olympics, she could be seen in a different way by the judges next season, while at Worlds 2018 with a fairly similar performance her score went back to the 50s because of the URs, and that tells you that hardly she would have been treated differently in the free: finishing 20th doesn't guarantee 2 spots for SK, so this could be a strategic WD.

Such unfounded garbage. Not the first time you've written political conspiracy garbage related to Korean skaters. You also suggested that judges were holding down the scores of other men in the Olympic men's SP to perhaps help Jun-Hwan Cha. 100% rotten garbage.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Slightly OT here, but it just occurred to me now (6 hours later!) whom I saw tonight! Did anyone else see Tatiana Tarasova at the Ladies Free competition?

Such unfounded garbage. Not the first time you've written political conspiracy garbage related to Korean skaters. You also suggested that judges were holding down the scores of other men in the Olympic men's SP to perhaps help Jun-Hwan Cha. 100% rotten garbage.

Didn't help him out of 15th place, though. :/ Aw, maybe they should've helped him more. :rofl:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Agreed with the results - Carolina was The Performance of the day after a very long competition. Satoko's SP is my favourite ladies SP this year as a choreography and performance - if she only could jump a little bit higher! Was sorry to see Wakaba falter. There was a felt disappointment in the air when Mirai did not even go for the 3A. Mariah Bell was surprisingly good in this one, she is able to do most of her performance to beat and accents in the music and even made the theatricality work.

E

YagsFan

On the Ice
Is there any place to rewatch the short program performances? Thanks in advance!!

If you mean that you want to see the whole short competition, check listings for the Olympic Channel. They've been running repeats; I just saw the dance free last night.