2021 JGP France: Men's Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP France: Men's Short Program

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so glad the demonstration of the new tapestation at work lasted short enough that I was able to catch Ilia’s SP. He’s from my home County so yes I’m biased in a way. But I’m so happy when the DMV shines! Also his spins look so much better. Artistry needs a PINCH more work. But I’m pleased.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the cover. Maybe it’s cause I like more rock music....hmmmm I have some MCR program ideas spinning in my head.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia, sooooo polished.

I know everyone will ooh and ahh over the jumps, but the spins, sooo good (one was a little slow) :clap:and keep improving that performance!

This was my biggest take-away from this SP. His spins are vastly improved.

They were awful... GAWD AWFUL... less than a year ago. Like L2 with negative GOE, if I'm remembering correctly.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
When I watched the Skate Canada Challenge in January, I fell a little bit in love with Corey's skating and this was confirmed today. I'm still in love with that wonderful style and the interpretation. A pity about the 3A, but it was great to see him so pleased after the skate. And Ilia was such fun to watch. I was watching out for him because of his excellent achievement at SA last season (and having read a lovely interview with him earlier today). Those two skaters were the only ones I knew before, and they both delivered!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I watched the Skate Canada Challenge in January, I fell a little bit in love with Corey's skating and this was confirmed today. I'm still in love with that wonderful style and the interpretation. A pity about the 3A, but it was great to see him so pleased after the skate. And Ilia was such fun to watch. I was watching out for him because of his excellent achievement at SA last season (and having read a lovely interview with him earlier today). Those two skaters were the only ones I knew before, and they both delivered!
Where is the interview?

Apple1078

Final Flight
Ilia, sooooo polished.

I know everyone will ooh and ahh over the jumps, but the spins, sooo good (one was a little slow) :clap:and keep improving that performance!
I was really surprised.. but in a good way.. what a change from Skate Milwaukee! As far as I recall, that was a bit of a mess. But I was really impressed with his improvements here.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Catching up on the men. I enjoyed Priyam! He's got some good armography there. He's got promise with the spins I think, good luck to him in the FS!

Also quality matching of glasses to costume top, that was much appreciated. 😊

auser

Record Breaker
Corey is well-known in the Canadian junior scene. He was a top ice dancer until recently when he decided to focus on singles.
As an ID fan I would say sorry to lose him to singles only. But he looked so joyful executing the 3F and skates with such lovely artistry throughout the program. I am happily looking forward to watching his skating career progress.:clap: Thank you for info about Corey's skating background, 4everchan.:thank:

auser

Record Breaker
Slightly off topic...

The performance of Evan and Maddie during the ice resurfacing was amazing.

She, of course, is STUNNING... but he really gives off a "leading man" vibe as well.

I'm a fan. BIG fan!
Almost looked like an after wedding vows, first dance dream sequence(ice dance style). Did I miss some big Maddie/Evan news?:laugh: So lovely.:love:

Last edited:

Rere

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Just finished watching Men's SP, and oh boy, Fang-Yi LIN was just flying, so artistic and fast! Such a shame about the jumps
I loved how Francois PITOT skated, too. And Priyam TATED, so great to watch, and enlightening, too, to see the stage of the journey somewhere between my own, very basic, skating skills, and the superlevel of the international stars, otherwise the gap is too wide to even comprehend.