2024 World Championships - Where are you watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships - Where are you watching?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ok... so here were are with French CBC TV Schedule
Saturday and Sunday from 3 to 5 pm

English CBC TV was already provided but in case you missed it
Thursday 8-10pm
Friday 8-10 pm
Saturday 3-5 pm
Sunday 1-3 pm

I prefer to watch live streaming when I am not watching from the rink of course, but what is nice about the TV replays from CBC : usually the commentators are good and give good insight. I have no idea who it is this year however.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
At the end of the Jr. Worlds Gala Ted Barton announced that Mark Hanretty will be doing the commentary for Worlds in Montreal. Hope the audio is enormously better from Montreal.
Interesting story on CBS Sunday Morning about half the US population leaving on Closed Captioning. One of the many reasons is , as Gen. Patton said, we and the English are one people separated by a common language. People in the US who watch "All Creatures Great and Small" in many cases have to leave CC on to see what actors are saying. The 18 db audio level diff. between our wonderful Ted and the performance Music will perhaps remain a secret for ever....I hope that at least Peacock gets THAT right. AND ISU.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The colored schedule was last updated March 3, so there were 10 days when changes might have occurred.

hop456

Rinkside
Hello

Does anyone know if the YouTube streaming will be available in all countries, I’ve not seen the videos come up yet on the ISU channel?

I’m from the UK and the options for watching are not as good as last year.

Thanks

skatingguy

On the Ice
Hello

Does anyone know if the YouTube streaming will be available in all countries, I’ve not seen the videos come up yet on the ISU channel?

I’m from the UK and the options for watching are not as good as last year.

Thanks
The YouTube videos aren't up yet, but they usually only appear the day before the event starts - so next Tuesday - I'm sure links will be posted when they become available.

hop456

Rinkside
Thanks so much for the info.

Fingers crossed for the YouTube streams.

I take it there’s no Eurosport streams this year?

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks so much for the info.

Fingers crossed for the YouTube streams.

I take it there’s no Eurosport streams this year?
There will be Eurosport streams for countries where Eurosport has the broadcasting rights for figure skating. Eurosport lost the UK rights at the end of last season, so will not be available in the UK.

It is possible that the BBC might still have some rights but, to be honest, I kind of hope not. The BBC only show the final group or two of each free programme, and not the rest of the competition. The ISU stream covers everything. However, if the BBC have any of the rights, we will probably be geoblocked from viewing the ISU stream. I would much rather view everything on the ISU stream than just a handful of programmes on the BBC. There is nothing showing on either site yet.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
There will be Eurosport streams for countries where Eurosport has the broadcasting rights for figure skating. Eurosport lost the UK rights at the end of last season, so will not be available in the UK.

It is possible that the BBC might still have some rights but, to be honest, I kind of hope not. The BBC only show the final group or two of each free programme, and not the rest of the competition. The ISU stream covers everything. However, if the BBC have any of the rights, we will probably be geoblocked from viewing the ISU stream. I would much rather view everything on the ISU stream than just a handful of programmes on the BBC. There is nothing showing on either site yet.
Figures crossed we get the ISU stream, I have booked time off work to watch the Worlds, BBC don't show very much and have that awful commentator(and I don't mean Robin Cousins)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Figures crossed we get the ISU stream, I have booked time off work to watch the Worlds, BBC don't show very much and have that awful commentator(and I don't mean Robin Cousins)
If you don't get ISU or anything much, look at CBC's website. You will need a VPN but they do a good job with streaming everything and decent commentating.

hop456

Rinkside

That’s a good point, I looked on iplayer and there’s nothing yet. Last year they did a highlight program on bbc2 and it doesn’t look like that’s on this year.

If we get geoblocked from ISU streaming is the best option using the proton VPN and set it to Sweden?

Thanks

hop456

Rinkside
I have time off too. Can’t decide whether to watch the women’s short program live (which will be very late) or the following morning.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
That’s a good point, I looked on iplayer and there’s nothing yet. Last year they did a highlight program on bbc2 and it doesn’t look like that’s on this year.

If we get geoblocked from ISU streaming is the best option using the proton VPN and set it to Sweden?

Thanks
When we were geoblocked earlier in the year, I used the Opera browser with the inbuilt VPN set to Europe (which currently uses Sweden). Whether that will work depends on Sweden's broadcasting rights and whether one of their TV companies has rights for the world championships. I think we're going to have to just wait and see what works!

In recent years I think the (limited) BBC coverage has been online and iplayer only, not on one of the main channels.

Weathergal

Medalist

Thanks

When we were geoblocked earlier in the year, I used the Opera browser with the inbuilt VPN set to Europe (which currently uses Sweden). Whether that will work depends on Sweden's broadcasting rights and whether one of their TV companies has rights for the world championships. I think we're going to have to just wait and see what works!

In recent years I think the (limited) BBC coverage has been online and iplayer only, not on one of the main channels.

Proton VPN is also a good choice, and "visiting" the Netherlands usually works very well.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
On the positive side, my VPN is set up for my 4k PC + big screen with good speakers that I use as a TV. Until now, I was watching on my work PC + not-so-flash screen and terrible sound. On the negative side, the time difference between Toronto and NZ is 17 hours. Haven't checked the schedules yet, but I suspect it will have to be mostly replay.
Proton VPN is also a good choice, and "visiting" the Netherlands usually works very well.
Opera doesn't work for me, but I love Proton. Very reliable. I use the pay version on multiple PCs and claim it as a work expense 😉

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

Just did a quick google search and it looks like the BBC are showing live coverage online 😱, looks like I wasted my holidays, either that or I will have to watch the coverage on mute 😞.

hop456

Rinkside
Just did a quick google search and it looks like the BBC are showing live coverage online 😱, looks like I wasted my holidays, either that or I will have to watch the coverage on mute 😞.
That’s not good news, might need to use a VPN. I really don’t like BBC commentary.