Adelina Sotnikova to compete on Russian "Dancing With the Stars" | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova to compete on Russian "Dancing With the Stars"

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If this is the guy I'm thinking of, he's married to another pro dancer, and they have a very young daughter.

His wife, by the way, is smokin' hot.

Together, they make a traffic-stopping couple.

elif

Medalist
After this news I finally believe she will not come back. Her focus is not figure skating.:disapp:

cooper

Medalist
Yuna Kim skipped most of the quad. There is no reason Adelina should rush anything. I expect her to come back the season before Korea olympics ala Yuna. (And I can not wait for the drama of her skating in Korean ice...)

Adelina is very talented. I'm of the opinion she fully deserved the win in Sochi, and I also think if the olympics were somewhere else she would have been robbed of the title because of her relatively newcomer status.

and yet yuna managed to win her second world title.. :p

and by the way i want her to compete in pyeongchang.. :popcorn:

jagragold

On the Ice
She'll be Tara Lipinski 2.0
I'm 100% sure she's not coming back. All of the things she tells in her interviews are false, she said she wanted to go to Worlds this year and keep focused in skating... yeah, I see how many times she's going to hit the rink this year.

aa456

On the Ice
Good luck to her! I think it's a good opportunity to stay in the public eye until she's fully healed and can come back to FS.

lyndichee

Medalist
He is very easy on the eyes. They need to bring him to the US.

He did one season on the US version and he didn't really get results so he's not a pro anymore ): US took him from Australia first too!

Adelina bashing is getting old. DWTS does pay very well in general and I guess since she can't compete fully then she might as well earn some money to cover training costs. The Russian economy is tanking so people might be feeling the squeeze.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Of course people get injured on Dwts all the time but its not what she was doing that got her injured at all! That's just true. The issue of depth of Russian ladies is one of the all time stories in skating. Maybe she could be beat all them or maybe she peaked at the right moment!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Adelina should pray to have a career like Tara Lipinski. I'm the first to admit she's not my cup of tea, but only a fool would say Tara hasn't done quite well for herself.
What career? She did a few pro stuff, then vanished for almost a decade until she started being a commentator. No idea how much she made off of sponsorships or royalties during those off-ice off-anything years, but I'll give her agent props for getting her tons of "guest judge" spots on various TV shows the past year. (even though I wished she never appear on one of my favorite summer show SYTYCD :disapp:). It also doesn't hurt to be the only child of an oil executive. ;)

Anyway, back to Sot. I also thought we won't see her in competitions again; but imo, she can chose whatever path she desires. Plenty of skaters before her had "retire" after getting Oly gold, she isn't the first, and won't be the last. DWTS pays pretty well, especially if you make it far. She may not even made up her mind whether she wanted to continue competing. Though if she was truly done, I wish she won't do it the way Tara did with her bucket load of excuses. First it was mono, then it was molars, then it was the parents marriage, then it was the hip.... Jesus christ! Just say and say you're done because you've accomplished your goals. :laugh:

I understand that some skaters (and their agent/management) felt it's best not to tarnish the Olympic gold with a subpar performance at Worlds that follows. But hey, Yuna did it in 2010, and it didn't hurt her career or image whatsoever. If anything, that made me like Yuna even more. (and I wasn't even a fan back then! I liked the Bond SP, but didn't care for the Gershwin FS at all. :slink:)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What career? She did a few pro stuff, then vanished for almost a decade until she started being a commentator. No idea how much she made off of sponsorships or royalties during those off-ice off-anything years, but I'll give her agent props for getting her tons of "guest judge" spots on various TV shows the past year. (even though I wished she never appear on one of my favorite summer show SYTYCD :disapp:). It also doesn't hurt to be the only child of an oil executive. ;)

Tara Lipinski's net worth was over $4 Million before she joined the NBC team as a commentator. And not a penny of that is her father's money. It's what she's accumulated with skating shows, endorsements, investments, etc.

I can't imagine what's happened since she joined the NBC team.

Again, while she may not be my cup of tea... or yours... she's been quite successful.

ShellyC

Rinkside
I'm an adelina fan but isn't she a little. .. Young to go on DWTS and danc with a 30 year old?

lyndichee

Medalist
I'm an adelina fan but isn't she a little. .. Young to go on DWTS and danc with a 30 year old?

Most of the time it is a strictly professional coupling, people make up relationships all the time to garner votes.

He has been married for at least 7 years now to Elena Samadanov, another dancer so I won't worry too much.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

well no one stopped Shawn Johnson and Aly Raisman from competing at DWTS and they were younger than her when they participated

update: well both of them did get paired up with Mark Ballas and he's one of the younger pros so I do see where your worries come from....

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
Good luck to her, I hope she is able to maximize all of her opportunities.

thoakun

Final Flight
I must be in the minority of people who eagerly wait for this show. I look forward to seeing what skaters and ice dancers can bring to DWTS. Previously, I think this is just a B-class celebrity show but the participation of Meryl and Nathalie have made me excited :popcorn:.

Last edited: