Canadian Ladies 2015-16 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Canadian Ladies 2015-16

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ok.....Who is that???? Gracie or Alaine? That's frightening.......

Why are they all looking so 'Frozen'? I am going slightly mad. Good luck 3lz3t ladies! All seems to be blonde and gorgeous including Anna!!

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Why are they all looking so 'Frozen'? I am going slightly mad. Good luck 3lz3t ladies! All seems to be blonde and gorgeous including Anna!!

Haha, true! Gracie, Alaine, Anna, Elena, Yulia...(there's also Karen, Evgenia and Polina but none of them is blonde.)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bumping this thread up.

So - Kaetlyn Osmond - what are her prospects for a medal at Skate Canada? Lots of the predictions have her getting a bronze, I have her getting a silver medal here - thoughts?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
lol...they are discussing the Canadians in The U.S. ladies thread. When we left here they were discussing the Russians and in the Russian Ladies thread they are discussing the Americans. Maybe it's time we just focus on the state of Ladies skating :think:

Go Alaine !!!! Get that 3a !!

tulosai

Record Breaker
lol...they are discussing the Canadians in The U.S. ladies thread. When we left here they were discussing the Russians and in the Russian Ladies thread they are discussing the Americans. Maybe it's time we just focus on the state of Ladies skating :think:

Go Alaine !!!! Get that 3a !!

:laugh2: Yup...

I also think she can get silver here, for sure, but I think anything from 2-4 is most likely. I'd be very surprised if she gets 1st or if she gets lower than 4th.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Bumping this thread up.

So - Kaetlyn Osmond - what are her prospects for a medal at Skate Canada? Lots of the predictions have her getting a bronze, I have her getting a silver medal here - thoughts?

Silver here also, Apgold.

I am attempting to leave my biases at the door, being an Eastcoaster and all. That aside, she really did impress me with her win in Europe last month. That short skated cleanly is, to die for! I believe since her injury that she has truly rebuild her skating; slowing...down, holding each movement, not panicking if a jump goes south, and that 3z is much improved and huge!

All this, and her joy for skating and being in a moment is infectious! This trait is so rare these days.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Speaking of Sassy Canadian Skaters. Is Jamie Sale' coaching anyone? She was one of the most exciting skaters I've ever seen. So much energy. I believe She Married a Hockey Player but, is she still involved in skating?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Speaking of Sassy Canadian Skaters. Is Jamie Sale' coaching anyone? She was one of the most exciting skaters I've ever seen. So much energy. I believe She Married a Hockey Player but, is she still involved in skating?

You may know mrrice that we had a TV show in Canada (Battle of the Blades), that was kind of your 'Dancing with the Stars' on ice, but between former NHL hockey players and former figure skaters. Jamie was separated, then divorced from her husband (David Pelletier) and ended up getting married to her new skating co star, ex Edmonton Oiler player, Craig Simpson. They had a baby girl 2 years ago...not sure if she is coaching currently.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I would love to go to Skate Canada this year. I would absolutely LOVE to see Patrick skate live again. I've never see Kaetlyn Osmond live and I'd also love to see Gabby and Keegan. In fact there are a lot of good skaters at this event and I can only hope there's a good stream for me to view it.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Gabby...3rd in the FS and 5th overall. Good for her! That was a great skate!

Still bitter that Selena Zhao didn't get the TBA, as much as I love Veronik. :p

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Just watched the ladies free skate today. I was very happy for Gabby, but really disappointed for Katelyn. Tough to skate well when there are so many expectations on you and you are out of practice due to injury. I hope Katelyn can find her confidence again. Wonderful skate from Gabby though.

rvi5

On the Ice
Did Osmond re-injure herself during her SP? :hopelessness:
Just before the LP competition started on TV, I thought I heard Tracy mention something about Kaetlyn's thigh & groin area feeling sore. Having watched the SP up close on a 60" HD TV, I could see Kaetlyn's blade hit the ice at an acute angle during the flying camel spin attempt. The blade slipped causing her to go down in an awkward unexpected split position, before falling forward onto her belly. It seems possible she could have pulled a muscle causing the aches. After that fall she was a little slow getting up, compared to how she normally bounces up quickly after falls. If no muscles were torn, with some rest she will be OK and hopefully bounce back for her next competition.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just before the LP competition started on TV, I thought I heard Tracy mention something about Kaetlyn's thigh & groin area feeling sore. Having watched the SP up close on a 60" HD TV, I could see Kaetlyn's blade hit the ice at an acute angle during the flying camel spin attempt. The blade slipped causing her to go down in an awkward unexpected split position, before falling forward onto her belly. It seems possible she could have pulled a muscle causing the aches. After that fall she was a little slow getting up, compared to how she normally bounces up quickly after falls. If no muscles were torn, with some rest she will be OK and hopefully bounce back for her next competition.

I certainly hope so! Katelyn of all people deserves at least one injury free season!