Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim

AKA

Spectator
Her new music is beautiful and very elegant, a little different from her usual. I only saw it while we were there one day so I don't remember the details but it is pretty in my opinion.

Taan

On the Ice
:think: I am even more curious about Polina's new sp. She says - “We have chosen a famous classical piece for the short program where I am showing my maturity, power, and classic lines,”

I would love to see her skate to the dying swan by Camille Saint-Saëns or anything from swan lake. :love:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Do you realize you just kicked off another guessing game? :points:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Her program music has been announced per icenetwork

SP: "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven
FS: Gone with the Wind by Max Steiner, 4 sections including "Tara's Theme"

Choreography is again by Rudy Galindo

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm 99% sure it's Gone with the Wind... and I have a good hunch that she isn't the only one to pick that... in fact, I think the Cup of Russia may be an awkward event with potentially back to back Gone with the Winds...

Sorenkay!!!! :bow: :points:

So.....who else is skating to GWTW? :popcorn:

charmblade

Final Flight
Moonlight Sonata seems like a good choice. Has that light, airy style she does so well. Also, not an overused piece of classical music, but still a familiar (and beautiful) one.

GWTW could be really good for her, I'm interested to see how she does with the characterization. It sounds like is something they are really focusing on so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her interpretation. I think these programs are a good step for her :agree:

NaVi

Medalist
Sorenkay!!!! :bow: :points:

So.....who else is skating to GWTW? :popcorn:

Medvedeva... but I'm not basing that on much at all though... only that 1) Tara's Theme is similar musically to The Umbrellas of Cherbourg from her SP last year 2) Her choreographer is Averbukh and the types of programs he chooses kind of pointing to going that direction 3) She made a comment early this month that "terms of the layout of the music there is one interesting finding that has never been used" which to my mind points to her doing a program to music that is at once common but not warhorse status.

mrrice

Record Breaker
"Gone With the Wind" Does anyone remember when Anna Rechnio skated her 1998 SP to that piece? Dick Button almost had a heart attack!! He absolutely loved her.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I almost had a heart attack when I saw "Gone With the Wind".... it seems someone else also had same hunch as I do.
I also think that there perhaps will be more than 1 "gone with the wind" this season.
Not that I am a big fan of "Gone With the Wind". Great movie of course. it just that, I have this only strong gut feeling about music choice this season. Never had it before.

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
“Gone With the Wind”!

Team Polina is certainly taking a bold approach to the coming season and everything about it, from music to edges and, undoubtedly, to costuming.

Of course, I thought “Gigi” would be ideal, but now I acknowledge the rightness of their choice. I found the “Fairy Dance” program last season to be delightful, but if there was any validity to the criticism that it was too immature to be taken seriously, a “Gigi”-based program would not have addressed the question but only begged it.

A "Gone With the Wind" program, on the other hand, will have dramatic weight and a lush romanticism that can't help but be taken seriously. It may also prove to be the perfect vehicle for a most talented young skater coming into her own.

The IceNetwork article indicates that Polina has a good grasp of the Scarlett O’Hara character and how she wants to express it, also that her choreographer, Rudy Galindo, is not unfamiliar with the music, having skated to it as a novice pair with Kristi Yamaguchi.

If Gracie, Ashley, and the other ladies are looking to their programs with the same intelligence and ambition as she has her own, this is going to be a most exciting season indeed.

Last edited: