Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm.....I'm not sure what to say about this program? Hmmm......

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

Tips:

1. Use the solo piano "Moonlight Sonata" piece
2. IDC if those holes above her chest were covered with illusion flesh, COVER THEM UP-- it's distracting. A black dress like that without the holes would have been so beautiful and effective with this program (IE, Gordeeva's dress in 1994).

Good elements (flip looks good!), better choreography than last year (thank god!), and her elements are timed well to the music (twizzle on par with the 3rd movement of this piece!).

One thing I noticed... her lower body (IE, her legs) is looking so much thicker and muscular á la Carolina Kostner! Her upper body, especially her arms, still look thin, but she's only 17. She looks fantastic, I have to say!

Noolan

On the Ice
Wow, Polina is growing into a really great skater. With her, Satoko and Mao I'm thinking Russian ladies may very well lose their dominance this season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm.....I'm not sure what to say about this program? Hmmm......

Clean but bland at the moment. It will develop no doubt as the season progresses :)

First impression, is that I agree with you, branweld. It is very obvious to me she is working in holding her moves and showing clean lines, but that's just it, it really seem liked that it had an air of "Look at me be elegant!" rather than actually performing an elegant program. As a result I don't see a huge emotional connection or super strong interpretation. (And maybe that's why she got lower pcs than Gracie, though that could be a reputation thing as always.)

That said, it is a good start and perhaps by the end of the season the program will have some punch behind some lovely skating. And the twizzles look great!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Really not bad for a first skate! I must say that I like this very very much. I think the real competetive dress isn't finished yet, but who knows, haha. But I like the fact that she's not going for a safe fashion choice after that ugly pink thing she wore last season and all that criticism she received for it. A girl has to take risks!
I love the choice of music and she's interpreting it very well at the moment already.

andromache

Record Breaker
Overall I like it. Not bad for a first skate. I can see where it can develop later this season.
BUT! She needs to drop that dress immediately. I'm sorry, but from the distance it looks like her b**bs are out :disapp: That's not even funny.

Really? I didn't have that impression at all. I quite liked the simplicity of the dress (though there's always a possibility that it's pretty simple because it's not her final competition dress yet).

yyyskate

Record Breaker
first impression: like the simple black dress, the back design (the sheer and opaque black fabric, great and the low cut actually can disguise her hunched back a little), do NOT like the front 2 holes.
it is obvious her team's purpose of this piece is to show/improve her skating skills (big edges) beside her long lines. I wish she could show more sureness and flow as this program progress. Also, she was born with long lines, but I wish to see more extension and cleanness of her lines.
The fast twizzle + fast spin to match fast tempo music section is an abnormal idea (usually it was step sequence for similar music). Wish to see more accurate indication in her spins(such as position change/speed change or arm/hand gesture like Yuzuru does) to reflect the highlight note in music.
Love the ending.
Very good program with potential. Polina already showed less awkwardness from last season in the SP, just need to fine tune details and continue to polish up.
like the delayed lutz jumps and very good toe pick/snap in her flip.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Do you guys think Polina will beat Ashley and 'Bronze' for US #1 this season, or is it too much to hope for?
I really hope she will.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Do you guys think Polina will beat Ashley and 'Bronze' for US #1 this season, or is it too much to hope for?
I really hope she will.

Potentially, but it's too early to tell at this point. Polina dominated at Glacier Falls last year too and there was even a thread about how Polina was going to beat Gracie for USA No. 1.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51506-Polina-Edmunds-shows-promise (The thread title sounds mild now, but it was edited, the OP's original title was something like "Is Polina officially starting to overtake Gracie as USA No. 1" or something like that.)

And in my response, I noted that Gracie was 7-2 on Polina at the time. Since then, Gracie has extended that record to 10-2 (beating Polina at NHK Trophy (she won; Polina was 8th); US Nationals (Gracie, 2nd, Polina 4th ) and Worlds (Gracie 4th, Polina 8th).

Of course the counter point is that Polina went through a growth spurt, etc. But again...who knows what can happen as the season goes on.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
And in my response, I noted that Gracie was 7-2 on Polina at the time. Since then, Gracie has extended that record to 10-2 (beating Polina at NHK Trophy (she won; Polina was 8th); US Nationals (Gracie, 2nd, Polina 4th ) and Worlds (Gracie 4th, Polina 8th).
But Polina won 4CC, so she won one of the major titles last season. I always find it interesting that being European champion really is something whereas 4CC champion counts as almost nothing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But Polina won 4CC, so she won one of the major titles last season. I always find it interesting that being European champion really is something whereas 4CC champion counts as almost nothing.

Oh yeah. Okay 10-3. Still that 4cc title did not assert her dominance as U.S. No. 1.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plus Gracie skated atrocious at 4CC. A decent skate and she probably would have won.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Is that rink small? Slow skating going into 3Lz-3T.

Twizzles are lovely, but she did that same catch foot twizzle last season. Maybe a different catch foot twizzle would be nice. I'm still waiting for her to twizzle in the clockwise direction. It's really pleasing to the eye when skaters twizzle in both directions.

Overall, love love love this program.