Hip-Hop & R'n'B in FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Hip-Hop & R'n'B in FS

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I seriously think Plushy should go into acting. He is so expressive, he's almost like a "Mime" when he does these show programs. I imagine after all his touring that he doesn't really need the money but, I sure would love to see him in movies. Illia Kulik was in that dance movie Center Stage and Plushy is certainly as talented as Illia.

I just found this video again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELud8GUfpdQ and I remembered what you said. Plushenko's dance on the floor.

mrrice

Record Breaker
OMG, where do you find these videos? Thank you posting that clip and it seems clear to me that Plushy wouldn't have needed a dance double to make a dance movie. :agree:

suey20

Rinkside
The Hip-Hop short dance next year could be interesting. I wonder what teams would go for it.

Amei

Record Breaker
Yulia Lipnitskaia's exhibition program at Skate America was a Beyonce song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92t68NjuCQ

I give her credit for trying something different but I didn't care much for the program, a) Inappropriate song for a 17 year old to be skating to --- I give a little bit of leeway to Lipnitskaia because I don't think she knows English so for her the beat was probably the only thing she knew, however I believe both Eteri and Marina Zueva know English so they have no excuse. b) I loathe the hair-down look on skaters, it looks really messy c) that routine was choreographed as in it paid for, I would be understanding if it was something that the skater came up with and did on her own but Zueva was paid to choreograph that routine.

yuzushenko

On the Ice
i always see young skaters make edits of famous skaters or whatever skating to popular hip hop/dubstep kind of music and i wish some of these younger skaters who always skate to snooze carmen/traditional skating songs would actually skate to the music they use in their edits lol. change the sport from the bottom up lol. i just don't understand how skaters can have no clue as to what to skate to, when they say "oh i don't know whatever my coach decides." like, how can you have no opinion? it's your program! being original will be much more entertaining for the judges than the same snooze fest swan lake romeo and juliet stuff you hear every competition.

same goes for older skaters i suppose. like mirai nagasu skating to the great gatsby soundtrack which has rap and R&B and hip hop kind of stuff. im hoping more skaters skate to more exciting modern stuff like this.

though with that being said, since i personally don't like the folky depressing hipster music (ed sheeran, mellow hipster stuff like that), i just hope skaters don't skate to that stuff lol. i know it's very selfish of me to say that but hipster music makes me fall asleep. i think some of the pairs skated to music like this. i think meaghan duhamel and eric radford are doing that for their free skate right? can't remember.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm kind of a hipster :eek::

Question. Is Radionova's zombie EX hip hop? The beat is kinda fresh like that :dance3:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia Lipnitskaia's exhibition program at Skate America was a Beyonce song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92t68NjuCQ

I give her credit for trying something different but I didn't care much for the program, a) Inappropriate song for a 17 year old to be skating to --- I give a little bit of leeway to Lipnitskaia because I don't think she knows English so for her the beat was probably the only thing she knew, however I believe both Eteri and Marina Zueva know English so they have no excuse. b) I loathe the hair-down look on skaters, it looks really messy c) that routine was choreographed as in it paid for, I would be understanding if it was something that the skater came up with and did on her own but Zueva was paid to choreograph that routine.

IIRC Marina gave Yulia credit for most of that EX saying that she would sit in the dance hall and work on all of the moves herself. I agree the music is "getting busy" music but I thought it showed how shy she still is and the moves weren't really anything that 17 yr olds aren't dancing to already at dances all over the globe. Obviously YMMV on that but I didn't feel like it was questionable considering how she presented it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
the moves weren't really anything that 17 yr olds aren't dancing to already at dances all over the globe. Obviously YMMV on that but I didn't feel like it was questionable considering how she
ita

& I wonder how old should a girl be to dance to it???:confused: 25? 30?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I thought for sure we'd get some Timberlake when vocals were allowed. Apparently he's got nothing on some POTO.

Speaking of Stevie.....can you imagine an if someone dared to give "They Won't Go When I go" a solid attempt. :cry:

I always feel a kind of shame when I learn that a song I associate with one artist was actually a cover of another artist's song. Here's me knowing this amazing tune as a George Michael one. :palmf: And I'm a Stevie Wonder fan. And that tune would indeed make for a spectacular programme if done right.

Amei

Record Breaker
ita

& I wonder how old should a girl be to dance to it???:confused: 25? 30?

IIRC Marina gave Yulia credit for most of that EX saying that she would sit in the dance hall and work on all of the moves herself. I agree the music is "getting busy" music but I thought it showed how shy she still is and the moves weren't really anything that 17 yr olds aren't dancing to already at dances all over the globe. Obviously YMMV on that but I didn't feel like it was questionable considering how she presented it.

My issue with the moves was more of that it was messy. The song is personal taste, but my opinion is that its a tacky song and inappropriate especially for someone her age, only place the song is appropriate is in a strip club.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
and inappropriate especially for someone her age, only place the song is appropriate is in a strip club.
thats why I wondered at what age it would be appropriate.
I did think it didnt suit her but not b/c of the age That kind of music needs someone sassy like say Ashley probs