Patrick Chan | Page 276 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Just a question, could Esqualo be a new competitive program or the base for it? He did 3T, 2A and 3S all in the same spots that he jumps in his competitive SPs. The 3T was so massive I'm sure if he had tightened himself in the air he could have done a quad no problem. The 3S could also be the beginning of a quad. The ice coverage and everything just screamed it could make a good SP. Super curious now as to what he's going to do next season.

Maybe this is the show version of a SP with 4T/3T, 3A, and 4S. One of the reasons to not do the biggest jumps here is, after all,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFGCZFKq2qOJat_i7nu0xLdYZvLNCOj5BuG7P40/

Also, in this video, the rink just looks too small for him. ;)

and these are human boards! He could not risk crashing into them, could he? ;)

It is actually a good idea to turn a tested favorite show program into a SP. He sure had great success with Elegie. Probably he should have done Esqualo SP this past season and MTK as a show program first to be turned into the SP next season.

Focusing on artistry and performance and taking a year off to do shows may turn out to be great for his skating careers. The show experiences help his competition performance and being a brilliant artist on ice will give him a long show career like Kurt's if he so desires. It's all good.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Hi guys.

I was really busy this weekend but I wrote down my thoughts about Patrick during the intermission and after the show so I wouldn't forget to share. :)

The crowd at the ACC loved Patrick. Raucous applause in the intro. Super hyped for his performances.

Like everyone else, I got to admire his speed and edges. He was the only singles skater going to the edges of the rink. I think the ice level folk were probably getting blinded by the spotlights as he skated by. His spins were good too. Seeing Javier's spins, I appreciated Patrick's even more. (I think Javier is really tired and taking it a bit easy in these performances with slow spins.) I thought Patrick was better than all the guys, except Kurt. :) I thought Jeff would wow me more, but nope. If Patrick ever becomes a coach, I'd love to see what he does for his students.

He is so cheeky! At the end of Esqualo, he turned and bowed to each different section and each section gave him some loud applause and cheering. After turning in all four directions, he turned back to my section and cocked his head to get a bit more applause. :biggrin: We were all caught off guard, but gave him some love after we realized what he was doing. He had a big grin on his face seeing the delayed response and I loved seeing that.

Normally there were transitions between the different programs. But for Mack the Knife there was none. He just came out with the music at full blast with a huge smile on his face. Oh he was so happy to be skating that program for fun. I enjoyed this performance more than all of his competitive performances of MTK (with the exception of Canadian Nationals perhaps). The new vest also looks nice and shiny. I reiterate, I don't want to see any programs like MTK in competition. It's too 'showy'. He needs something that better balances his technical skills with his presentation skills.

In one of the group numbers all the skaters were lined up in a row, and Patrick was skating around each of them. The organizers know we all want to see Patrick. In the group numbers I found my eyes following him. He seemed really happy and at ease.

He was also great in Sound of Silence. That was a great group number.

And all his shirts and pants were quite fitted. I think you would have enjoyed watching him 4everchan as his clothing showed off his great toned muscles. :biggrin:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Hi guys.

I was really busy this weekend but I wrote down my thoughts about Patrick during the intermission and after the show so I wouldn't forget to share. :)

The crowd at the ACC loved Patrick. Raucous applause in the intro. Super hyped for his performances.

Like everyone else, I got to admire his speed and edges. He was the only singles skater going to the edges of the rink. I think the ice level folk were probably getting blinded by the spotlights as he skated by.

I reiterate, I don't want to see any programs like MTK in competition. It's too 'showy'. He needs something that better balances his technical skills with his presentation skills.

Lucky Mango! Thank you for the report. Based on what you said, I don't think choreographing a program for Patrick where he mostly skates in the middle of the rink is going to work, since he loves the edges (both ways), lol. As for MTK, it was a nice experiment for a season, but I agree that he probably needs to keep it a show program.

Here are some nice photos from last night:

Rhapsody in Blue:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBI2ljWEAAvR4l.jpg

Sound of Silence:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBI3B5W0AAH4AV.jpg

I love this one of Esqualo - nice profile!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBO5r2U4AEJn2X.jpg

And the obligatory GIF of Patrick at the M&G:

https://twitter.com/daintydoodle94/status/729780582209736704

calica

Final Flight
And all his shirts and pants were quite fitted. I think you would have enjoyed watching him 4everchan as his clothing showed off his great toned muscles. :biggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:

Thanks you for your summary

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
hehe crossover, there's a line up for swooning over patrick... first in line... me, second calica... you can claim 3rd spot if you wish but you will have to fight with violet bliss ;) hahahahahahahahaha JK :)

I think I can't even beat the camera guy at 4CC in our competition for Patrick because of his/her great work of capturing Patrick's beautiful and limpid brown eyes for over 30 seconds. :2thumbs:

There must be plenty of gifs to take the medal ceremony, but I can only bring in the clip. Feast your eyes!

calica

Final Flight
I don´t remember if i asked about this...:eek::

he sings the anthem in English or French? :scratch2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
GORGEOUS!!!! :dbana:
I think I can't even beat the camera guy at 4CC in our competition for Patrick because of his/her great work of capturing Patrick's beautiful and limpid brown eyes for over 30 seconds. :2thumbs:

There must be plenty of gifs to take the medal ceremony, but I can only bring in the clip. Feast your eyes!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
on this excerpt he is singing in English....

:)

you can see the glorious and free on his lips... (if you focus on lip reading instead of other things) :biggrin:

it is quite usual to have the anthem started in French and then go to English but I don't know if Patrick sings it like this....

I am a bad Chanadian, i don't know it fully in either language ... :)
I don´t remember if i asked about this...:eek::

he sings the anthem in English or French? :scratch2: