Patrick Chan | Page 274 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Maybe new, even surprising for other GS members.

A wonderful person with a heart of gold, from those in the business who know him personally.

honestly, I am too tired to battle with gs users who do not appreciate Patrick anymore... I come here for the love of figure skating but I perceive (outside this thread of course) a lot of negative energy ... (not just when it comes to Patrick) ... I am very tired ;) I may need a bit of a break ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
honestly, I am too tired to battle with gs users who do not appreciate Patrick anymore... I come here for the love of figure skating but I perceive (outside this thread of course) a lot of negative energy ... (not just when it comes to Patrick) ... I am very tired ;) I may need a bit of a break ;)

Don't feed the energy vampires. Let them hear form indisputable credible sources.

Bliss out with me, dear ones.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am very tired ;) I may need a bit of a break ;)

You should stick around a little longer. I've been working on a Patrick video that I hope to post here in the next day or so. I think you'll find it full of positive energy :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Here's a non-geoblocked link to the Canada AM interview video that I was able to watch:

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?cl...eNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=UKk9RoT

I thought Patrick came across very well in this interview.

4everchan, I didn't realize things were so negative outside of the fanfest. Then again, last night I did see a very harsh and unsympathetic response to a troubled teen skater on GS. Take a break or just view but don't respond if you need to. Of course, we'll miss your posts. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think it is just things adding up. I won't disappear for too long. Weekend . Here. Sun. Bliss.
Here's a non-geoblocked link to the Canada AM interview video that I was able to watch:

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?cl...eNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=UKk9RoT

I thought Patrick came across very well in this interview.

4everchan, I didn't realize things were so negative outside of the fanfest. Then again, last night I did see a very harsh and unsympathetic response to a troubled teen skater on GS. Take a break or just view but don't respond if you need to. Of course, we'll miss your posts. :)

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I read and post almost exclusively in the Fan Fests now. Reading The Edge, let alone responding, takes up too much time and energy for me even when nothing negative is said. Here, though, opinions are stated in a positive manner and we follow our favorite skaters with abandon. :yes: I've never been into debates, which is what The Edge threads can easily turn into. Other people are into that, which is fine, but it's just not my thing. Even if you boycott The Edge, please come by the Fan Fests as often as you want. :) Some days I decide to open The Edge again, but usually not. All the best on your journey toward bliss.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
my journey towards bliss would involve crossing a bridge HAHA VB would understand that comment ;)

I am usually fine... I stay away from most of the threads i feel are dangerous, yet some threads need my input LOL :) i have strong opinions which is perhaps not always welcomed by some people... i have to say that i am privileged to have grown in a very liberal and open society.

i am already better... went to teach some music.... met a friend for some very overpriced wine in a hip wine bar... and walked around... Montreal is a gorgeous city since today as summer just dialed in.... yesterday it was winter.. we do not know what spring is about here ;)

i hope everyone has a nice weekend. thanks all for the support !

I read and post almost exclusively in the Fan Fests now. Reading The Edge, let alone responding, takes up too much time and energy for me even when nothing negative is said. Here, though, opinions are stated in a positive manner and we follow our favorite skaters with abandon. :yes: I've never been into debates, which is what The Edge threads can easily turn into. Other people are into that, which is fine, but it's just not my thing. Even if you boycott The Edge, please come by the Fan Fests as often as you want. :) Some days I decide to open The Edge again, but usually not. All the best on your journey toward bliss.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Who ever filmed this video was probably only a few rows below me, I have a 30 second video of Esqualo from tonight with the same 3S. It's a little wonky though, Patrick skates much faster than the rest of the cast (except for Tessa/Scott), had a hard time moving my camera to keep up with him lol

Just a question, could Esqualo be a new competitive program or the base for it? He did 3T, 2A and 3S all in the same spots that he jumps in his competitive SPs. The 3T was so massive I'm sure if he had tightened himself in the air he could have done a quad no problem. The 3S could also be the beginning of a quad. The ice coverage and everything just screamed that it could make a good SP. Super curious now as to what he's going to do next season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Who ever filmed this video was probably only a few rows below me, I have a 30 second video of Esqualo from tonight with the same 3S. It's a little wonky though, Patrick skates much faster than the rest of the cast (except for Tessa/Scott), had a hard time moving my camera to keep up with him lol

Just a question, could Esqualo be a new competitive program or the base for it? He did 3T, 2A and 3S all in the same spots that he jumps in his competitive SPs. The 3T was so massive I'm sure if he had tightened himself in the air he could have done a quad no problem. The 3S could also be the beginning of a quad. The ice coverage and everything just screamed that it could make a good SP. Super curious now as to what he's going to do next season.

lucky you!!!! patrick said he would have 2 new programs... not sure esqualo is considered new... but yeah... bump these jumps one turn and patrick owns the sp :)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
lucky you!!!! patrick said he would have 2 new programs... not sure esqualo is considered new... but yeah... bump these jumps one turn and patrick owns the sp :)

Esqualo is not a new ex but its an interesting program, very intense, I liked it a lot more than MtK. He could do another piece by Astor Piazzolla.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
he is really good at tango, but he did it already. (and for two seasons).. not sure he will do it again (tangos de los exilados)
Esqualo is not a new ex but its an interesting program, very intense, I liked it a lot more than MtK. He could do another piece by Astor Piazzolla.

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

You got to see him in person, too? Thanks for sharing that Patrick skates much faster than the rest of the cast. I wouldn't mind it if he turned Esqualo into an SP.

Here's another video of the beginning of Esqualo. It's shot from much farther up, but she got to see him for free!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFGCZFKq2qOJat_i7nu0xLdYZvLNCOj5BuG7P40/

Also, in this video, the rink just looks too small for him. ;)

he is really good at tango, but he did it already. (and for two seasons).. not sure he will do it again (tangos de los exilados)

David Wilson said Patrick took hip hop classes in NY as well as Japan (the video we saw last month). I would love to see Patrick do something like that.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You got to see him in person, too? Thanks for sharing that Patrick skates much faster than the rest of the cast. I wouldn't mind it if he turned Esqualo into an SP.

Here's another video of the beginning of Esqualo. It's shot from much farther up, but she got to see him for free!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFGCZFKq2qOJat_i7nu0xLdYZvLNCOj5BuG7P40/

Also, in this video, the rink just looks too small for him. ;)

David Wilson said Patrick took hip hop classes in NY as well as Japan (the video we saw last month). I would love to see Patrick do something like that.

esqualo or hip hop ? i'd pick esqualo :) hip hop would be cool for exhibitions though... i am sure patrick can pull it off.... he would definitely rocked the steps if he chose hip hop but what about his lines and edges ? hip hop is ... well ... fun but ... i don't know... maybe it would need some lyrical section...

whatever he ends up doing, we know we will be in for a treat... even mtk was good ;) haha

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Hip hop for an EX would be cool. He could do a piece of music similar to Fort Minor's Remember the Name, which has a nice orchestral section to it. Here's the instrumental version.

Lately, I've been thinking that he could skate to Avicii's Wake Me Up. It reminds me of Mess Is Mine and has a nice tempo that he could skate to.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am listening... the instrumental version is fine for like 20 seconds but then it keeps repeating over and over and over... i 'm so old fashioned :) LOL
i'd prefer he did a song like that wake me up one... mess is mine is a great program ...

but if he is going to do songs... i'd like something like this
Hip hop for an EX would be cool. He could do a piece of music similar to Fort Minor's Remember the Name, which has a nice orchestral section to it. Here's the instrumental version.

Lately, I've been thinking that he could skate to Avicii's Wake Me Up. It reminds me of Mess Is Mine and has a nice tempo that he skate to.