Patrick Chan | Page 272 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Another video from CSOI of Rhapsody in Blue (Act2 Group Number) - a big thank you to @Kyrn23!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeBTUsVeYw

Patrick starts off the number. Then starting at 4:16 watch him skate with Joannie, lifting her on to his shoulder.
:love: Figure skating is so beautiful when wonderful music is combined with the right on-ice movements. Granted, if no one uses Rhapsody in Blue on the competitive scene again, I won't mind at all. ;) It's easier to appreciate warhorses in exhibitions without the competitive constraints, I guess.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Another video from CSOI of Rhapsody in Blue (Act2 Group Number) - a big thank you to @Kyrn23!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeBTUsVeYw

Patrick starts off the number. Then starting at 4:16 watch him skate with Joannie, lifting her on to his shoulder.

:love:

Wonderful start by Patrick! :bow: His moves are a little Kurt like but with more of a refined dancer's quality, along with skater's glide with deep edges. So beautiful. I've never seen Rhapsody In Blue like this.

Hoping and waiting for HD full version. I assume CBC will be taping and showing this.

eta: Patrick does really well and holds his own (and Joannie) as a non Ice Dancer. :agree:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Wonderful start by Patrick! :bow: His moves are a little Kurt like but with more of a refined dancer's quality, along with skater's glide with deep edges. So beautiful. I've never seen Rhapsody In Blue like this.

Hoping and waiting for HD full version. I assume CBC will be taping and showing this.

eta: Patrick does really well and holds his own (and Joannie) as a non Ice Dancer. :agree:

yup re patrick holding tiny joannie ;) i thought it was cute they gave meagan to jeffrey ;) might as well save a taller girl for eric and andrew... btw andrew is wearing those pants really well too... almost as well as Scott and Patrick ;) calica already claimed Patrick's so I claim Andrew's ;)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Please let us know when the CBC broadcasts it.

I love seeing Patrick skate with a partner, because it shows how strong he is, lifting her on to his shoulder like that. :luv17:

I love Patrick's jumps but he pleases me with or without them. I still haven't seen a skater who has such beautiful air position and flow out of his jumps... to me, he is the best technician and I believe that he will acquire the next elements in a healthy manner, which is what matters most.

4everchan, I was thinking that you ought to tweet this directly to Patrick.

If anyone thinks Patrick doesn't read his Twitter feed, think again. Last night I was re-reading this article about Skate Canada 2015 and lo and behold:

"Chan did a quick scroll down his Twitter feed between competing and rushing to the skaters' banquet."

So he does read Twitter in his spare time! I've also noticed that when there are no events or press about him, he hardly gets any mentions on Twitter (at least not in English & French) at all. E.g., yesterday (no SOI show or press), my tweets remained at the top of any searches for him for awhile.

This summer after the shows, when he goes back to train in Michigan, most likely he won't get much attention on social media unless he (or we) post something. It's a great opportunity to give him positive feedback and encouragement going into the new season.

So I gently encourage everyone here who loves his skating to go on Twitter and let him know it! If you prefer that I tweet your comments to him, let me know.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
yup re patrick holding tiny joannie ;) i thought it was cute they gave meagan to jeffrey ;) might as well save a taller girl for eric and andrew...

Lifting is a joint effort. Jeffery at least gets a tiny Meagan who knows very well how to get lifted. It is impressive that Patrick lifts another Single skater so easily and gracefully. Bravo to him and Joannie.

btw andrew is wearing those pants really well too... almost as well as Scott and Patrick ;) calica already claimed Patrick's so I claim Andrew's ;)

So you two are just claiming those pants without fair bidding opportunities for others?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Please let us know when the CBC broadcasts it.

I love seeing Patrick skate with a partner, because it shows how strong he is, lifting her on to his shoulder like that. :luv17:

4everchan, I was thinking that you ought to tweet this directly to Patrick.

If anyone thinks Patrick doesn't read his Twitter feed, think again. Last night I was re-reading this article about Skate Canada 2015 and lo and behold:

"Chan did a quick scroll down his Twitter feed between competing and rushing to the skaters' banquet."

So he does read Twitter in his spare time! I've also noticed that when there are no events or press about him, he hardly gets any mentions on Twitter (at least not in English & French) at all. E.g., yesterday (no SOI show or press), my tweets remained at the top of any searches for him for awhile.

This summer after the shows, when he goes back to train in Michigan, most likely he won't get much attention on social media unless he (or we) post something. It's a great opportunity to give him positive feedback and encouragement going into the new season.

So I gently encourage everyone here who loves his skating to go on Twitter and let him know it! If you prefer that I tweet your comments to him, let me know.

i'd need to create a twitter account first;) you could then tweet from me to him, saying what I said ;) haha and perhaps calling me the resident musician of GS PCHIDDY fanfest LOL

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lifting is a joint effort. Jeffery at least gets a tiny Meagan who knows very well how to get lifted. It is impressive that Patrick lifts another Single skater so easily and gracefully. Bravo to him and Joannie.

So you two are just claiming those pants without fair bidding opportunities for others?

be happy i didn't get greedy ... you can still claim scott's :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
i'd need to create a twitter account first;) you could then tweet from me to him, saying what I said ;) haha and perhaps calling me the resident musician of GS PCHIDDY fanfest LOL

Lol, you don't need a Twitter account to read the site (though it makes saving and sharing things easier), and I will gladly tweet what you said to him, from the "resident musician". :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
awww this is so awesome... way to start the day!!!! too bad i have to go to work otherwise this day would be perfect :) hehe ;) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! it's so sweet and the graphic is nice!!! you can tell i am not made for 140 characters ;)
:thank:
There you go, 4everchan. I hope you like the graphic I made - it was challenging to fit everything into one tweet, but I think I did it!

https://twitter.com/PCSkatingFan/status/727741583387463680

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Thanks, Calica! These are my favorites:

MTK:

http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos/2016SOIHalifax/jsfb_dave8031.jpg

http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos/2016SOIHalifax/jsfb_dave8033.jpg

Cheshire grin underneath that hat:

http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos/2016SOIHalifax/jsfb_dave6709.jpg

Esqualo - intensity!

http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos/2016SOIHalifax/jsfb_dave5965.jpg

awww this is so awesome... way to start the day!!!! too bad i have to go to work otherwise this day would be perfect :) hehe ;) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! it's so sweet and the graphic is nice!!! you can tell i am not made for 140 characters ;)
:thank:

Glad you like it! I think this summer I'll start creating more graphics for Patrick to fill the stream. It's always a good challenge for a writer like me to fit 140 characters into a tweet!

calica

Final Flight
MKT (exhibition ) is fantastic program!

I hope to see squalo and the hat program too. the photos are amazing.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I didn't change my first GS avatar for two years. I was quite attached to the photo of Patrick with his OSMs. Now I have so many Patrick photos I like, who knows how often I'll change it again. :laugh: All the recent SOI photos are so lovely. :love: When Patrick smiles, I smile. :)