Predictions For Placings at the Grand Prix Events? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Predictions For Placings at the Grand Prix Events?

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Bobrova/Soloviev will win both their gp events.I don't see Coombes/Buckland on a podium at all .I don't think they're good .Their bronze at euro's won't happen again.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Bobrova/Soloviev will win both their gp events.I don't see Coombes/Buckland on a podium at all .I don't think they're good .Their bronze at euro's won't happen again.

I reason I place Coomes and Buckland up so high is because:
1. I have no idea how the two new russian dance teams are going to stack. I predict they are going to be good but at the same time have normal *new couple issues. I think that some of their elements are going to be easier because they dont have the same level of experience skating together. If they can't execute those step sequences correctly, it could be very costly.
2. Coomes and Buckland's Grand Prix assignments are not as hard so a podium might be very well possible.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The point of ! vs. e is to distinguish between "slight flutz" and "huge flutz." Giving Yulia e would defeat the point of this. It's possible some particular tech panels would give her e to kill her marks and hold up their favourites, hence the problem with the ! vs. e thing in the first place. But I don't think it's very probable, considering Yulia's reputation edge, PCS, and consistency.

She got "e" calls last year though. I don't think the new rules will suddenly shift her to a "!" when they seem to be designed to crack down on skaters who have a borderline flutz and really penalize skaters who do obviously flutz. Of course, Julia might have also improved her edge control on her lutz too.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She got "e" calls last year though. I don't think the new rules will suddenly shift her to a "!" when they seem to be designed to crack down on skaters who have a borderline flutz and really penalize skaters who do obviously flutz. Of course, Julia might have also improved her edge control on her lutz too.
Wasn't there no ! last year (and everyone got e or nothing)? Since Yulia only sometimes gets e, I think that'll translate into ! under the new rules. Someone like Mao, who always gets e, would likely get e under the new rules.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wasn't there no ! last year (and everyone got e or nothing)? Since Yulia only sometimes gets e, I think that'll translate into ! under the new rules. Someone like Mao, who always gets e, would likely get e under the new rules.

By that same token, when Julia didn't get edge called, she would be given a "!", which means instead of +2's on her 3Z+3T she'll get 0's and -1's, which is applied to both triples. At any rate, I don't think she will be getting optimal points for her lutz combo which might affect her results. Thankfully for her, her PCS is increased enough now that she doesn't really have to fight for every technical point.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
2 wins for Chock/Bates? Interesting... not gonna happen tho. But I agree with your SC, CoC and TEB top 3. Don't you think H/B have probably something to say too?

I agree, C/B might win Skate America, but no way for COR. That is going to be a battle royale....first showing of Elena/Ruslan vs. Nikita/Victoria.

I predict Elena/Ruslan for the win there.

anyanka

Record Breaker
SA:

Men: 1) Ten 2) Machida 3) Brown
Ladies: 1) Gold 2) Radionova 3) Park
Pairs: 1) Volosozhar / Trankov 2) Peng / Zhang 3) Kavaguti / Smirnov
Dance: 1) Bobrova / Soloviev 2) Chock / Bates 3) Shibs

SC:

Men: 1) Fernandez 2) Kozuka 3) Rippon
Ladies: 1) Pogorilaya 2) Wagner 3) Miyahara
Pairs: 1) Duhamel / Radford 2) Sui / Han 3) Moore-Towers / Marinaro
Dance: 1) Weaver / Poje 2) Gilles / Poirier 3) Hubbell / Donohoe

COC:

Men: 1) Hanyu 2) Kovtun 3) Yan
Ladies: 1) Lipnitskaya 2) Murakami 3) Edmunds
Pairs: 1) Volosozhar / Trankov 2) Peng / Zhang 3) Yu / Jin
Dance: 1) Cappellini / Lanotte 2) Ilinykh / Zhigansin 3) Shibs

COR:

Men: 1) Fernandez 2) Kozuka 3) Brezina
Ladies: 1) Sotnikova 2) Pogorilaya 3) Park
Pairs: 1) Stolbova / Klimov 2) Tarasova / Morozov 3) Denney / Frazier (?)
Dance: 1) Chock / Bates 2) Sinitsina / Katsalapov 3) Ilinykh / Zhigansin (WAR!!!)

TEB:

Men: 1) Machida 2) Ten 3) Kovtun
Ladies: 1) Liptniskaya 2) Radionova 3) Wagner
Pairs: 1) Stolbova / Klimov 2) Sui / Han 3) Moore-Towers / Marinaro
Dance: 1) Cappellini / Lanotte 2) Bobrova Soloviev 3) Gilles / Poirier

NHK:

Men: 1) Hanyu 2) Mura 3) Abbott
Ladies: 1) Gold 2) Sotnikova 3) Murakami
Pairs: 1) Duhamel / Radford 2) Kavaguti / Smirnov 3) Yu / Jin
Dance: 1) Weaver / Poje 2) Sinitsina / Katsalapov 3) Coombs / Buckland

GPF:

Men: 1) Hanyu 2) Fernandez 3) Ten
Ladies: 1) Lipnitskaya 2) Gold 3) Sotnikova
Pairs: 1) Volosozhar / Trankov 2) Stolbova / Klimov 3) Duhamel / Radford
Dance: 1) Bobrova / Soloviev 2) Weaver / Poje 3) Cappellini / Lanotte

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina Edmunds was fantastic in the SP at the US International FS competition in SLC last night. No more cute little girl with ribbons in her hair. This is a fierce, sultry Polina on the attack and she is not to be dismissed lightly!

GF2445

Record Breaker
My Predictions
Since my favourite discipline is Ice Dance, I'll share them.
What makes this years predictions so hard is I don't know the Russian Partner Swap is going to affect everything? Are they going to be fantastic off the block or have a slow start. Have no idea.

Skate America- Competitive Top Three
1. Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA
2. Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev RUS
3. Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani USA

Skate Canada- WeaverPoje Domination
1. Kaitlyn Weaver & Andre Poje CAN
2. Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue USA
3. Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier CAN

Cup of China Could be competitive.
1. Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte ITA
2. Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani USA
3. Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin RUS

Cup of Russia This is going to be a real battle. GPF spots could be made or broken here. It's going to be like a skating Cold War.
1. Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA
2. Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland GBR
3. Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov RUS

Trophee Eric Bompard Not in Paris. RUS vs. ITA
1. Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte ITA
2. Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev RUS
3. Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue USA

NHK Trophy Though not the most competitive event this season, this is going to be tight. It could maybe cause an upset heading to the GPF!
1. Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje CAN
2. Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland GBR
3. Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov RUS

GPF Predictions
1. Weaver Poje
2. Cappellini Lanotte
3. Chock Bates
4. Bobrova Soloviev
5. Coomes Buckland
6. AGAIN!! Shibutanis or Hubbell Donohue

With Bobrova and Soloviev out for the entire Grand Prix Series, I need to reassess my grand prix predictions.

Any word about replacements for them or any other withdrawals.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Coomes and Buckland seemed to luck out with their assignments - interesting. Chock and Bate look podium bound.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Florencito

Medalist
Skate America
Men: Machida, Brown, Nguyen
Ladies: Radionova, Gold, Meite
Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Cheng/Zhang, Kavaguti/Smirnov
Ice dance: Chock/Bates, Shibutani/Shibutani, Zlobina/Sitnikov or the Russian team that will take B/S's spot

Skate Canada
Men
: Fernandez, Mura, Kozuka
Ladies: Pogorilaya, Miyahara, Wagner
Pairs: Wenjing/Cong, Duhamel/Radford, James/Cipres
Ice Dance: Weaver/Poje, Hubbell/Donohue, Gilles/Poirier

Cup of China
Men: Hanyu, Han, Dornbush
Ladies: Lipnitskaia, Edmunds, Daleman or Tuk's substitute
Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Peng/Zhang, Yu/Jin
Ice Dance: Cappellini/Lanotte, Shibutani/Shibutani, Paul/Islam

Rostelecom Cup
Men: Brown, Fernandez, Aaron
Ladies: Pogorilaya, Sotnikova, Park
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov, Denney/Frazier, Tarasova/Morozov
Ice Dance: Chock/Bates, no freaking idea xD

Trophèe Eric Bompard
Men: Kovtun, Machida, Pitkeev
Ladies: Lipnitskaia, Radionova, Wagner
Pairs: Wenjing/Cong, Stolbova/Klimov, Scimeca/Knierim
Ice Dance: Cappellini/Lanotte, Hubbell/Donohue, Hurtado/Diaz

NHK Trophy
Men: Hanyu, Reynolds, Abbott
Ladies: Miyahara, Gold, Sotnikova
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Yu/Jin, Kvaguti/Smirnov
Ice Dance: Weaver/Poje, Coomes/Buckland, Hawayek/Baker

Some of the picks are just huge wishful thinkings though!

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Entries have been updated today, with Majorov WD and Ziegler/Kiefer added to SA... Volosozhar/Trankov are still in the list

There are bunch of withdrawals we expect from Russian teams that are not listed yet: Antipova/Maisuradze, Bobrova/Soloviev, Mikhail Kolyada, and now maybe Volosozhar/Trankov...

GF2445

Record Breaker
Ive had a think.
My GPF Ice Dance Predictions. With Bobrova/Soloviev out for their first assignment (ruling them out from the final), I doubt that we will have any Russians in this years GPF. However, once Russia's ice dance teams get back into the swing of things, we will definitely be seeing them ALOT more. This will be the first season since I began to follow skating where Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie are not there so i'm not sure how am I going to feel about dance this season.

Chock/Bate
Weaver/Poje
Cappellini/Lanotte
Shibutanis
Coomes/Buckland
Hubbell/Donohue

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ive had a think.
My GPF Ice Dance Predictions. With Bobrova/Soloviev out for their first assignment (ruling them out from the final), I doubt that we will have any Russians in this years GPF. However, once Russia's ice dance teams get back into the swing of things, we will definitely be seeing them ALOT more. This will be the first season since I began to follow skating where Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie are not there so i'm not sure how am I going to feel about dance this season.

Chock/Bate
Weaver/Poje
Cappellini/Lanotte
Shibutanis
Coomes/Buckland
Hubbell/Donohue
I actually agree with your prediction, and it is certainly strange to predict Coomes/Buckland making it to the final, but they actually have the only two events where neither the Shibs nor H/D (the only couples that, except for the "Big 3", can be considered almost sure to make it to the GPF) are entered, so a Silver in either Russia or Japan is possible! :popcorn: (we still have to evaluate these new misterious couples, though)