Should JSF push Marin Honda as No.1? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Should JSF push Marin Honda as No.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yes and Nancy lost the Olympic against an Ukrainian girl with horrible costumes and hair, who was from a super weak and new federation.

Nancy was favored by the US federation, but not that well received by the international judges. She was no Kristi or Michelle. You can only push a girl so much.
Marin is a different story. She's very well received by international judges. If she skates clean all the time like Medvedeva, her score will go up to insane level like Medvedeva as well.
Michelle was going through the motion in 1998, although with the latest judging scheme, she would have won by 20 points over Tara.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Marin is a different story. She's very well received by international judges. If she skates clean all the time like Medvedeva, her score will go up to insane level like Medvedeva as well.
:laugh2: enough said

Meoima

Match Penalty
You realize that there are people who skate cleanly all the time but never break into the top tier skaters right? Marin doesn't have that kind of problem.
You are assuming that Marin can waltz into the senior world like walking through a park, sorry it is not that easy. Enough said.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
You are assuming that Marin can waltz into the senior world like walking through a park, sorry it is not that easy. Enough said.

LOL, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and forget what the thread is all about? Should JSF push Marin Honda as No. 1? YES for this particular reason, so she can waltz right into senior world like the princess she is.

Meoima

Match Penalty
LOL, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and forget what the thread is all about? Should JSF push Marin Honda as No. 1? YES for this particular reason, so she can waltz right into senior world like the princess she is.
Should JSF throw away their Miss Perfect who has been skating well in most of her biggest competitions for a girl who is inconsistent? For what reason? Just because she is pretty and get sponsors? Lol nice try.
Tell Marin to bring 4S and 3A CONSISTENTLY, and JSF will dump Satoko over Marin right away. If not, then dream on.
Some people are naive to think JSF will just back up someone because they have star quality. Wrong, the federation back up someone AFTER they bring back senior medals consistently.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Should JSF throw away their Miss Perfect who has been skating well in most of her biggest competitions for a girl who is inconsistent? For what reason? Just because she is pretty and get sponsors? Lol nice try.
Tell Marin to bring 4S and 3A CONSISTENTLY, and JSF will dump Satoko over Marin right away. If not, then dream on.

Not dumping Miss Perfect because she's earning her PCS like a worker bee. Bring up Marin's PCS in line with the younger Russian skaters. Why are they giving her 7s when a bunch of 14yo Russians are getting 8s and 9s.
I'm not telling Marin anything. She's bringing her beauty everytime. With Marin, it's easy to create a back story, someone with so much potential and beauty and skating skills, if she can just put it together. And if she put it together, it will be story and face of JSF forever. JSF will earn prestige and status with Japanese companies for years to come.

turbulent

Match Penalty
For me, watching Marin Honda skating is like walking this way. :love:

When she's on, she is such a joy to watch... Her skating is so fluent, light, her flow out of the jumps so perfectly integrated in the program, landings so soft and elegant, you forgot it's a sporting competition you're following - it all becomes an art. Art of joy and beauty. :luv17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k7kdW2eJ1Q

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I'm not telling Marin anything. She's bringing her beauty everytime. With Marin, it's easy to create a back story, someone with so much potential and beauty and skating skills, if she can just put it together. And if she put it together, it will be story and face of JSF forever. JSF will earn prestige and status with Japanese companies for years to come.

God, you are really obsessed with her beauty :roll9:
What I find weird is how you just say 'if she skates clean all the time like Med', yet we have no indication whatsoever that she's capable of that. No matter how much the fed pushes for her, if she doesn't land her jumps, it won't help.
And I doubt she's going to be the face of JSF forever. Over Mao? Over anyone who might ever come up? Now you're just trolling :laugh:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
God, you are really obsessed with her beauty :roll9:
What I find weird is how you just say 'if she skates clean all the time like Med', yet we have no indication whatsoever that she's capable of that. No matter how much the fed pushes for her, if she doesn't land her jumps, it won't help.
And I doubt she's going to be the face of JSF forever. Over Mao? Over anyone who might ever come up? Now you're just trolling :laugh:

Haha. I'm just saying that because the other poster tells me she should be bringing 4s and 3a everytime. No obsession from me.
Of course it's a rare skill to be clean all the time like Med. That's why she's a world champion.

The JSF should push her, and somehow she manages to skate cleanly in both SP & LP next year at the Olympics, she will be on the podium. Haven't you seen Carolina Kostner, she was never clean in both SP & LP in her life prior to the 2014 Olympics, and she somehow managed to be clean there. If Michael Jordan believes he can fly, why can't you believe Marin can skate cleanly? :D.

Between Mao and Marin, of course, Mao is a much bigger deal. Marin has the potential to be bigger than Mao.

turbulent

Match Penalty
https://youtu.be/8UEIkefKSt8

Her skating is graceful yet simple, distinctive yet soft, noble yet youthful, feminine yet refined. :love:
Pause this skate at any time and you basically get a beauty poster, cut out several seconds - you get a perfect gif for your skating blog, heck - even her single Axel in the end is graceful! :)
Two steps at the beginning are the most graceful preludium to these 30 seconds which get me simply hypnotized. I don't even know what's after, because I start hearing angel voices and falling sakura petals obscure the view. ;):love:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Here's a thought, how about let them skate freely, and just judge them correctly, appropriately, without bias. Give everyone a chance.

Most power federation #1's scoring are so false and ridiculously inflated these days (they work out how the game is played) that is why I have practically given up watching a 'competition' instead of mere 'procession'. It is like they 'ARE' good, not 'NOT' that good if you know what i mean, the rests are federation fantasy.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Haha. I'm just saying that because the other poster tells me she should be bringing 4s and 3a everytime. No obsession from me.
Of course it's a rare skill to be clean all the time like Med. That's why she's a world champion.

The JSF should push her, and somehow she manages to skate cleanly in both SP & LP next year at the Olympics, she will be on the podium. Haven't you seen Carolina Kostner, she was never clean in both SP & LP in her life prior to the 2014 Olympics, and she somehow managed to be clean there. If Michael Jordan believes he can fly, why can't you believe Marin can skate cleanly? :D.

Between Mao and Marin, of course, Mao is a much bigger deal. Marin has the potential to be bigger than Mao.
Skating and jumping wise, Marin is NOT better than the top Japanese girls, enough said.

If she wants to be Japan No.1, she has to be much better than then, more consistent than them, or even more, to win as many medals as Mao at the same age.

I repeat, if she is that special more than other Japanese ladies, her PR company talked 4S and 3A all the time before she turned junior, yet we haven't seen it.

If she is not delivering all the time, JSF has no reason to push her over other Japanese ladies who might deliver better than her. Her beauty and her star quality have no effect in that whatsoever.

Of course she will be a good skater who can get medals. But can she win enough to be as successful as Mao? That's another story.

At the moment, she is not. She is just on the same table as other Japanese ladies. So all the talks about her beauty and star quality are fultie, period.

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And honestly if you think Wakaba looks like a peasant then you don't understand Japanese aesthetics.

Or anyone else's aesthetics. You also don't understand what's important in sport and in life.

Edited to add:
Sorry, that came out wrong. I don't mean to question Eloyse's values. I agree with Eloyse. It's FlattFan whose values/understanding I question/strongly disagree with.

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
Japanese fed certainly should want a team of Satoko, Mao and Marin as their Olympic team. Combination of commercial value and winning opportunities. Wakaba has some star quality but her jumps are too big and unstable and her skating needs refinement. Mai Mihara, Rika Hongo and Yuna Shiraiwa are fine skaters, but their PCS are frankly limited.

frida80

Record Breaker
No she needs to earn it first. I love Marin, but she's been very inconsistent this year. She has everything she needs to be amazing but she keeps missing jumps in her program. She's improved a lot over last year but she needs to be able to be consistent if she ever wants to be a senior national champion.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wakaba has some star quality but her jumps are too big and unstable and her skating needs refinement.

This thread just keeps confusing me :roll9: I've never heard of someone not being a contender because their jumps are too big.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
This thread just keeps confusing me :roll9: I've never heard of someone not being a contender because their jumps are too big.

Huge jumps are definitely a good thing but they can be a detriment if you can't control the landings.

IE, one of the first things Frank did with Gracie when she went to him was making her jumps smaller because she couldn't always handle the YUUUUUUGE height on them; it's also one of the reasons I suspect Osmond has such a hard time with her jumps. They're super impressive, but hard to manage.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Huge jumps are definitely a good thing but they can be a detriment if you can't control the landings.

IE, one of the first things Frank did with Gracie when she went to him was making her jumps smaller because she couldn't always handle the YUUUUUUGE height on them; it's also one of the reasons I suspect Osmond has such a hard time with her jumps. They're super impressive, but hard to manage.

Yes, that is true, but that's not what the quote I referred to sounded like to me. Additionally, Wakaba has trouble with some jumps sometimes, but she's not anymore unstable than Marin, which is basically what this topic revolves around. If both tend to pop/fall occasionally, I'd rather take the bigger jumps than the smaller ones.

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes, that is true, but that's not what the quote I referred to sounded like to me. Additionally, Wakaba has trouble with some jumps sometimes, but she's not anymore unstable than Marin, which is basically what this topic revolves around. If both tend to pop/fall occasionally, I'd rather take the bigger jumps than the smaller ones.

Or Mao, btw. I am not sure if japanese fed will be giving out spots for sentimental reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.