#WeirdStarsTrophy : your top five is ... ? | Golden Skate

#WeirdStarsTrophy : your top five is ... ?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
P/C SD & FD

J/C SP

Javier Fernandez SP

Guignard/Fabbri FD

Alina Zagitova SP

What were yours ?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. Javier Fernandez SP
2. Papadakis/Cizeron SD/FD
3. James/Morgan SP/FS
4. Evan Bates alone
5. Misha Ge's first Grand Prix medal ever since his debut.

Honorable mention: Shoma Uno, D-M/G's first GP medal, plastic star medals.

I've felt bored to death in ladies for past few years, especially this season, so I don't really recall anything memorable in this ladies' event as well. It's not worth my time and anything else any more. Men and pairs have became my console though. Unfortunately, it seems this is the most lackluster and boring Olympic season since I've followed the sport and the organizers of this event're ....just a joke.

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
2. Alina Zagitova LP
3. Maria Sotskova LP
4. Tarasova/Morozov SP
5. Alexandr Samarin SP

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Misha finally getting a GP medal (really stinks it was just a plastic star)
James/Cipres
Javi's SP
P/C SD

Those are the positives. But I think the most memorable thing about this event will always be the tacky plastic stars.

cell

On the Ice
1. P/C FD - this is the best perfromance of the program by far, one where I felt passion. The Cup of China one left me flat. I felt they were very fast compared to their other performances. The spin was superb

2. Guignard /Fabbri FD - those 2 are talented

3. Chock/Bates FD - yes, not the best performance with mistakes, but I enjoy the program

4. Fernandez SP

5. Zagitova FS - the program is super juniorish and unpolished, but it was nice to see Alina bounce back after previous day's SP.

Oh... and Gabriella's reaction at getting a star. That was a priceless GIF.

GGFan

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

1. Misha's FS: single-handedly saved us from a terrible men's free. His landing position is gorgeous and his musicality first rate.
2. J/C both programs: they create a mood and I buy it every time
3. Javier's SP: this Chaplin had an extra level of depth I had not seen in Javi before. The attention to detail in his characterization is superb.
4. G/F FD: this program completely snuck up on me. It was skated beautifully. Even more impressed he doesn't let his height prevent him from stretching and holding his positions.
5. Mai's FD: her short is actually better, but something about the free just made me joyful. There's a sincerity and transparency to her skating that I enjoy.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
As always my favourite part was watching and commenting with you guys. :thumbsup:

1.Misha Ge winning a blue star!
2. P/C's SP/LP were a dazzling display of artistic beauty.
3. J/C SP/LP, T/M SP and D-M/G winning their green star!
4. G/F for surprising the heck out of me this season (I was not a fan of their material or costumes last year). Way to step up to the plate in the Olympic season.
5. Alina's LP was a beautiful display of technical skill/ Kevin A for skating with abandon and joy and making me root for him.

W/P not making the GPF because of the twizzle disaster (caused probably by Andrew crashing into the boards during the warm up and injuring his ribs) was my low point. Such high hopes.

I kind of want to tweet Gaby and ask her how she fit the big yellow star into her luggage.

rosacotton

Final Flight
1. Javier Fernandez SP
2. Misha Ge LP
3. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
4. Maria Sotskova SP
5. The small but wonderful audience!!

randomfan

Record Breaker
From ladies only:

1. Tursynbaeva’s FS
2. Shiraiwa’s SP
3. Sotskova’s FS
4. Mihara’s FS
5. Lecavelier’s SP

LaArdilla

Medalist
1. P/C SD & FD
2. Abachkina/Thauron FD
3. Javier's SP
4. Micha Ge on the podium
5. James/Cipres FP

Honourable mentions: Zagitova's strength of character and nerves of steel coming into the FP; Gaby's reaction after receiving that tacky plastic star.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think i will save my top 5 for another competition... sometimes, I have like 10 things i want to talk about... here i have about 0

icybear

Medalist
1. Misha winning his first GP medal
2. Misha getting a plastic blue star
3. Misha skating to 50 shades ex and kissing someone boots :dbana:
4. Misha giving an Olympic champion worthy speech on Instagram
5. ..........

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
1. Alina's FS
2. Lil Bet's mom in the K&C
3. Lil Bet's FS
4. Masha's FS
5. Eteri taking Alina's plushie and Alina's look of "whaaaa I earned that!"

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
1. Alina's FS
2. Lil Bet's mom in the K&C
3. Lil Bet's FS
4. Masha's FS
5. Eteri taking Alina's plushie and Alina's look of "whaaaa I earned that!"

:dev2: I am still not over her ripping that plushy out of Alina's arms! The one coach guy gives her that plushy like "here you go little darlin" and shes all happy and innocent with that adorable squishy thing, (I want one) and then all of a sudden *RIPPP* *NO PLUSHY TILL YOU'VE WON THE OLYMPICS, CHILD* oh my heart shall not rest until all is right in the world and Alina is reunited with her plushy. That was so sad. ( I know I'm being dramatic lol)
Ok back to business.
1) Yuna's excitement at doing well.
2) Alina making that LP her ***** and rockin it. Bringing honor to her coaches and them allowing her to hug them and being able to look at her. (Even though she couldn't have her plushy..ok I'll stop) Also Alina trying to figure out how the heck to hold the bouquet of flowers, the gift, and that massive awkward star. So adorable and reminds us they are people too.
3) kaetlyn may have stumbled in her LP but I thought it was the first time I really saw that program come together artistically. Twas nice.
4) I enjoyed Misha's LP. It was so, delicate, intimate, and almost rebellious. So much focus on tech and quads these days it's like he just followed his heart, went against the grain and gave us something beautiful.
5) Javi's SP. So much fun!

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
On top far, far, far above anything else:
Javi's SP

Then in no particular order
Kevin Aymoz SP and FS - he remembered to take his jumps along!
Misha medaling!
Tarasova-Morozov's amazing pair elements (but let's forget that FS music cut)
Guignard-Fabbri FS with no over the top drama
Javi's EX Danny Boy 😍

Honorary mention for super hilariousness: Samarin's attempt at hydroblading 😂😂😂

E

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
LOL, were there even 5 best?

For sure Fernandez short program. Beautiful jumps and all.

Kaetlyn. Even with flaws she’s really captivating.

Impressed with Zagitova’s free skate.

Though wild I enjoyed Kevin Aymoz. Is this his own trick or has he 'stolen' it from someone? Always happy when someone invents a new move. Easier for pairs, harder for single skaters, so kudos Kevin!

I half watched dance and liked the Italian team’s free dance. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI are their names.

Shout out to Misha Ge winning bronze.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Haven't watched FD yet.

Denis Ten sp
Javi sp
Misha fs
Vanessa/Morgan fs
Dylan/Lubov fs