What would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze to represent the United States ? Just for fun ! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze to represent the United States ? Just for fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was aware of most of this but knew nothing about Aidenā€¦ šŸ„µ
I actually feel sorry for Eteriā€™s daughter..
there was an Instagram post in the FF of Diana with her father which I thought was lovely.. not knowing anything about him but knowing about Eteri, i almost wish he had gained custody of her..
I know. And Samoilovā€™s interviews are no less terrifying. While the thread is focusing on women, quite a few men also got clobbered there, though most of them left, most of them with traumas. Tutberidze washed her hands off it by saying she was simply mystified about how to motivate boys. That poor Aidan was also sent off with a stamp of hysterical, lazy and sulky. Threw his skates into garbage, she said of him, the drama queen. Reminds you of someone? Trusova, perhaps?

And those are high achieving, ambitious, talented kids and teens by nature, to train that hard and to get that farā€¦

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree: the idea that anyone in the US or North America would actually hire Eteri?

Silly:). ETA: After all, we have Alysa Liu bravely and maturely saying I stopped training quads because I didn't want hip surgery. I am thinking even the skating stage moms would stay away.

Sorry friend, I disagree. Now... neither you nor I would hire her... that we can agree on.

But Richard Callahan is now coaching in Florida. That means he has students, and he has a rink. Unless they're all adult skaters, this means that some parents are footing the bill for that POS to coach their kids.

You think there's not some deranged people out there who wouldn't latch on to a multiple Olympic Gold Medal Coach for their little darling?

I don't know... maybe I'm too cynical. Maybe your view of the world it too kind-hearted. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Zora

On the Ice
Actually I'm curious what Eteri could do with skaters from other countries. In Russia she has a huge choice of skaters, she can pick the ones she likes best, who will probably stay tiny, with whom she can be as strict as she likes etc. She won't have that luxury in other countries.

To answer the original question:
Just for fun, what would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze if she will represent the United States for the next season ?
I would really like her to use many different choreographers, because that's my biggest problem with her skaters, the Danny G choreography.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry friend, I disagree. Now... neither you nor I would hire her... that we can agree on.

But Richard Callahan is now coaching in Florida. That means he has students, and he has a rink. Unless they're all adult skaters, this means that some parents are footing the bill for that POS to coach their kids.

You think there's not some deranged people out there who wouldn't latch on to a multiple Olympic Gold Medal Coach for their little darling?

I don't know... maybe I'm too cynical. Maybe your view of the world it too kind-hearted. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

We agree far more than we disagree my friend. I do agree some obsessed parents would disregard anything (Callaghan šŸ¤®) for the chance for little Suzy or Sammy Skater to get that shiny gold.

But how many medal contenders is Callaghan teaching now? I don't know for sure, but my guess is zero. USFed will not send one of his students to an international comp to represent the USA. Because they are so saintly? No, because they don't want the PR nightmare,

My argument is that Eteri would present an equal PR nightmare from the US point of view, (deliberately vague, without getting into the reasons in this thread) and thus get no medal contention students. International judges may worship the ground she works on, I don't know, but those US students need to get sent to international comps by the Fed.

But you are right, I may be too optimistic, :(

Vicky458

On the Ice
If Eteri Tutberidze will represent the United States in the future season, I would like her to open a new school and coach Isabeau Levito, Lindsay Thorngren and Mia Kalin. And, make them the new American skaters with quadruple jumps.

Just for fun, what would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze if she will represent the United States for the next season ?
Absolutely not! She should be banned from coaching anywhere!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think Eteri is able to adapt to circumstances. She could be a decent coach, if that's what's expected of her. Right now she can put the full blame on the Russian Fed for whatever happened in her school in Moscow. Smart lady that she is, that is exactly what she will do, if she wants to coach in the US. And this could be the truth for all that we know. The weighting and dieting and not drinking seems to be standard practice in Russia in many sports and that doctor worked with many athletes, not only Tutberitze students. So she could be perfectly innocent. Not that I think she is, but she not proven guilty. So she will get her chance, if she wants it, I have no doubt.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think Eteri is able to adapt to circumstances. She could be a decent coach, if that's what's expected of her. Right now she can put the full blame on the Russian Fed for whatever happened in her school in Moscow. Smart lady that she is, that is exactly what she will do, if she wants to coach in the US. And this could be the truth for all that we know. The weighting and dieting and not drinking seems to be standard practice in Russia in many sports and that doctor worked with many athletes, not only Tutberitze students. So she could be perfectly innocent. Not that I think she is, but she not proven guilty. So she will get her chance, if she wants it, I have no doubt.
Yes, Putin told her to put kids into trash cans, call boys girlsā€™ names and relentlessly bully teenagers online calling them names and, oh! Pontificate how itā€™s really going to be weird if you donā€™t yell at a five-year-old, because whatā€™s the good age then to start yelling at children? Theyā€™ll only be confused that wayā€¦ there are plenty of Russian coaches who speak about their students with respect even after failure (gasp!) and manage not to turn nearly every star pupil into an invalid. Once she coaches for States, sheā€™ll become a model coach. Who cares about broken Russians, right? They are all evil. So long as US benefits, itā€™s all good.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
First of all i'd like her to be charged for whatever she did, the doping case is still open and it's totally fair to question if Valieva is really alone in this, how could the coach really not know, with the team's doctor also having so many precedents with doping,... I think there is still so much not even so hidden there, and it just takes more serious open investigations to really see inside the pandora's box.

Other than that, why not? She's an interesting competitive personality and there are athletes who would accept her behaviour in order to win.

I'm also curious to see how successful she would be in other environments where you don't have literally the entire country backing you and putting you in a better light compared to the countrymates.

RobinA

On the Ice
If Eteri Tutberidze will represent the United States in the future season, I would like her to open a new school and coach Isabeau Levito, Lindsay Thorngren and Mia Kalin. And, make them the new American skaters with quadruple jumps.

My wish for Eteri is that she never be involved in the sport of figure skating again.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
First of all i'd like her to be charged for whatever she did, the doping case is still open and it's totally fair to question if Valieva is really alone in this, how could the coach really not know, with the team's doctor also having so many precedents with doping,... I think there is still so much not even so hidden there, and it just takes more serious open investigations to really see inside the pandora's box.

Other than that, why not? She's an interesting competitive personality and there are athletes who would accept her behaviour in order to win.

I'm also curious to see how successful she would be in other environments where you don't have literally the entire country backing you and putting you in a better light compared to the countrymates.
Actually I agree with this.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tutberidze is back in Russia, griping that her skaters won't be competing internationally. Of course she's griping because it hits her in the pocketbook.

Amei

Record Breaker
Actually I'm curious what Eteri could do with skaters from other countries. In Russia she has a huge choice of skaters, she can pick the ones she likes best, who will probably stay tiny, with whom she can be as strict as she likes etc. She won't have that luxury in other countries.

Well I think its worth remembering that Russian ladies wasn't always like it currently is now, at 12 years old Sotnikova won Nationals in 2009 (fun fact: Evgenia Tarasova placed 12th).

I would really like her to use many different choreographers, because that's my biggest problem with her skaters, the Danny G choreography.

I want that even if she stays in Russia, he choreographs too many programs.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Any alleged cheating has nothing to do with why her athletes are being denied entry to competition.
Actually I think it is.

Everything about this screams silent doping ban, and I also have this on good authority from one of the federations. The source told me that they are being banned for doping, and war is more of a convenient excuse than anything. (Of course ISU could never admit that)

Amei

Record Breaker
Actually I think it is.

Everything about this screams silent doping ban, and I also have this on good authority from one of the federations. The source told me that they are being banned for doping, and war is more of a convenient excuse than anything. (Of course ISU could never admit that)

If that is the case then it screams that the ISU is far more of a corrupt organization than anyone might've imagined to publicly state you are banning a group of athletes for 1 reason but behind closed doors collude that its actually for something else....hello massive lawsuit

If your source has any integrity they would publicly disclose the information to CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.