VIRTUE Tessa / MOIR Scott
BOBROVA Ekaterina / SOLOVIEV Dmitri
CHAN Patrick
SAVCHENKO Aljona / MASSOT Bruno
KOSTNER Carolina

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Has Javier Fernandez stated one way or the other what his plans are?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I thought Dylan Moscovitch said this is his last season as well Duhamel and Radford from Canada. Has Ashley or Adam said anything? C and L from Italy or Weapo?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
D/R have stated today is their last competitive skate ever.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Has Javier Fernandez stated one way or the other what his plans are?

He's not sure. He knows these will be his last Olympics, but he is uncertain about whether he will go on another season (particularly for Euros).
Didn't we have a similar thread a while back?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
D/R have stated today is their last competitive skate ever.

To end their career with one Olympic gold and bronze. It just couldn't get any better. I will miss them (especially Meagan!)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I guess whoever girl wins the singles. That's the tradition...

Adelina's not retired, she's injured.
Yuna didn't retire after 2010.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Dylan Moscovitch said this is his last season as well Duhamel and Radford from Canada. Has Ashley or Adam said anything? C and L from Italy or Weapo?

I read Weapo as weapon :slink:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I really think S/Massot should retire on a high . There's a very good chance they could be beaten by the chinese at worlds.

pearly

Record Breaker
I really think S/Massot should retire on a high . There's a very good chance they could be beaten by the chinese at worlds.

I'm not sure they would care. I get the feeling Aljona wants to skate, compete and enjoy it without the pressure of the Olympic gold. I think they would take any medal at worlds with a genuine smile.

Oh and by the way, there's at least three topics with several pages each with confirmed retirements. Here are the most recent two:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64989-2017-18-Retirements
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?68525-Skaters-Retiring-After-2017-18-Season

Globetrotter

Medalist
Looks like a big part of this generation of team spirited Canadian skaters will be retiring. They went out in a bang and the camaraderie and support shown by them is truly amazing. Eric Radford is indeed an amazing team captain and I think we will miss him and especially Meagan’s competitive fire. Must say that Meagan and Aljona are probably the grittiest competitors. With PChan and Tessa and Scott also hanging up after Pyeongchang, this generation of lovely Canadian folks will really be off. Sad.

Jana

On the Ice
Michal Brezina (CZE) said that this is probably his last Olympics participation. Maybe he will not retire after Olympics but probably during the next 4 years. He got married last year.

My guesses:
Valentina and Ondrej Hotarek (ITA)
Cappellini/Lanote (ITA)
Carolina Kostner (ITA)
Aliona (GER)
Tessa and Scott (CAN)

A

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Michal Brezina (CZE) said that this is probably his last Olympics participation. Maybe he will not retire after Olympics but probably during the next 4 years. He got married last year.

My guesses:
Valentina and Ondrej Hotarek (ITA)
Cappellini/Lanote (ITA)
Carolina Kostner (ITA)
Aliona (GER)
Tessa and Scott (CAN)

A

Valentina and Ondrej have good momentum right now. Maybe they can stay on another season and capture some Euros medals.

Winry

On the Ice
I think Denis Ten and Satoko Miyahara are going to retire too
That season was realy rough considering their injuries

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think if someone wins in Milan unexpectedly it will be hard for them not to want to go out on a winning note.

I mean if Carolina or C/L could win a world championship at home I think there would be a "lets go out on top" feeling.

ks777

Record Breaker
My guesses

VIRTUE Tessa / MOIR Scott
BOBROVA Ekaterina / SOLOVIEV Dmitri
CHAN Patrick
SAVCHENKO Aljona / MASSOT Bruno
KOSTNER Carolina

I thought Carolina Kostner came back for the world championships in Italy so she will retire after worlds.